Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Sep 22, 2011

A quasi-sequel to From Software's action-RPG Demon's Souls, set in a new universe while retaining most of the basic gameplay and the high level of challenge. It features a less-linear world, a new checkpoint system in the form of bonfires, and the unique Humanity system.

How to defeat Gravelord Nito without a Divine/Occult weapon?

simpliztik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By simpliztik

I get sooooooo pissed whenever encountering this boss because the easiest way to kill him is to dispatch his little 3 skeleton friends. Is there a trick to killing this thing without having to deal with three skeletons?

Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

#2  Edited By Icemael

I found that when I kept circling him so that he couldn't hit me with his sword slashes, he'd do his large AoE attack fairly often. It doesn't take out the skeletons permanently, but it's a much easier and safer way to get some alone time with him than dealing with them yourself every time they reassemble.

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Turambar

Use iron flesh I guess.  Also, you can just degrade the occult club into a +5 divine club.

Avatar image for lordxavierbritish
    LordXavierBritish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By LordXavierBritish

You make a fucking Divine weapon.

jtmosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By jtmosh

I used iron flesh and a lightning spear.Took him down fairly easily that way.

strainedeyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By strainedeyes

Why make it harder for yourself?

Avatar image for deactivated-64540c94d2d0f
    deactivated-64540c94d2d0f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

Really? I've just beat him on NG+ and never knew you could just kill his minions...Black Knight Greatsword +5 (and 50 str for Havel's Shield) makes reasonably quick work of almost everything even in NG+. That plus Great Magic Shield...that spell is the jam.

WarlordPayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By WarlordPayne

I didn't even know you could kill his minions. I just went in there with the Black Knight Greataxe and went to town on him. It's attacks are so wide that I kept knocking down the skeletons while I was swinging at him.

Stahlbrand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#9  Edited By Stahlbrand

I used the straight sword of Astoria on the minions and fought Nito with my spear.

envane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By envane

yep .. you can ignore the skeletons if you can get nito down fast enough . hes really fkn amazingly easy to fight when you haven't got any skeletons bothering you .. if youre a caster you can use aoe attacks that keep everyone at bay.

but yes divine or occult weapons ( and some others mabye cursed ? ) will put the skeletons down for good

wolf_blitzer85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#11  Edited By wolf_blitzer85

Popped on Havel's armor and my Dragon Tooth +4 and hugged him to death. That is of course while swinging my dragon tooth around.

The ongoing strategy for most of the bosses for me seems consist of me running right up to it's crotch and circling close, chipping away at health while not really being in any danger.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.