Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Sep 22, 2011

A quasi-sequel to From Software's action-RPG Demon's Souls, set in a new universe while retaining most of the basic gameplay and the high level of challenge. It features a less-linear world, a new checkpoint system in the form of bonfires, and the unique Humanity system.

I can now die happy.

arch4non

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By arch4non
    No Caption Provided
    Avatar image for superwristbands
    SuperWristBands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By SuperWristBands

Wow dude. Congrats. That's way more dedication then I could give it.

BaneFireLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By BaneFireLord

Congrats. That's kind of insane.

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#4  Edited By Jeust

I think i'll never get all achievements in a game... Congratulations though for your tenacity.

spazmaster666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#5  Edited By spazmaster666

Congrats and welcome to the club. Though getting the S-Rank felt great, it's also a little sad since I lost a lot of incentive to continue playing, though I still dabble here and there in PVP.

OllyOxenFree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#6  Edited By OllyOxenFree

Are you a wizard?

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By Fredchuckdave

@spazmaster666 said:

Congrats and welcome to the club. Though getting the S-Rank felt great, it's also a little sad since I lost a lot of incentive to continue playing, though I still dabble here and there in PVP.

Personally I can't actually back this up but there's always new incentive to play the game. Have you tried a low vit/relatively low stam run with heavy melee for instance? Reminds me of playing Demon's Souls where you have to dodge everything. I'm sure almost no one has done the 30 humanity/skip Izalith/bring Sunbro to Gwyn method (though I guess if you really hate bounding demons). PVP's the least replayable thing about this game.

ghostdini85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ghostdini85

@Fredchuckdave: I did the 30 humanity/skip on my second play thorugh and it saved me quite a few hours. I haven't done the Sunbro thing though.

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
    MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By MariachiMacabre

You are completely insane. Congratulations.

Chemin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#10  Edited By Chemin

Congratulations. I also plan to S-rank the game when I end up buying it (I'm such a poor-poor fellow right now), just like I did with Demon's Souls. I hope I'll be able to do it.

Klei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By Klei

Reminds me when I S-Ranked GoW3. This game, on the very hardest difficulty, is downright broken.

laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By laserbolts

Congrats on that you crazy bastard.

Avatar image for weegieanawrench
    weegieanawrench

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#13  Edited By weegieanawrench

Wow, congrats. I kind of want to do this but then I just think of all that extra work grinding out shards, chunks, and slabs and give up.

OroJackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#14  Edited By OroJackson

Yup, one of the best feelings video games ever gave me was Dark Souls S-rank

Congrats, guy!

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By NTM

@arch4non: So if someone came in and killed everyone you loved, could you still die happy? No, just kidding. Sorry, that was overly excessive.

spazmaster666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By spazmaster666

@Fredchuckdave said:

Personally I can't actually back this up but there's always new incentive to play the game. Have you tried a low vit/relatively low stam run with heavy melee for instance? Reminds me of playing Demon's Souls where you have to dodge everything. I'm sure almost no one has done the 30 humanity/skip Izalith/bring Sunbro to Gwyn method (though I guess if you really hate bounding demons). PVP's the least replayable thing about this game.

I guess. But I've already played through the game about six times, in different orders and while I still find it fun, I just wish there was more single-player content in the game overall (which if you think about it, there isn't really that much of if you take out all the farming involved). Which is why I'm definitely looking forward to the DLC.

OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#17  Edited By OmegaPirate

@spazmaster666: Wait... there's DLC!?!

CptBedlam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By CptBedlam

@OmegaPirate: Maybe. There are rumors.

spazmaster666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By spazmaster666

@OmegaPirate said:

@spazmaster666: Wait... there's DLC!?!

It's based on a rumor from EGM, whose source is supposedly someone "close" to the development of the game. I really hope the rumor is true since the one thing that would definitely get me to play more Dark Souls is DLC.

arch4non

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By arch4non

@Fredchuckdave: You could always try Kenshiro Mode.

@weegieanawrench: The chunks and slabs are no problem at all. In NG+ I was running around with 20 humanity and around 200k souls at all times. You should have everything from simply running through the game, but if you need to you could always buy the shards from the blacksmiths. If you still need chunks the black knights at the end are guaranteed to drop them. You're also guaranteed at least one slab of each type on every run, since it takes at least three runs to get all the required boss souls you'll have everything you need by NG++.

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#21  Edited By Vinny_Says

I tip my hat to you sir....nothing more satisfying then getting the full 1000

Oni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

User Lists: 12

#22  Edited By Oni

@Fredchuckdave said:

@spazmaster666 said:

I've done this on two playthroughs. Gwynn is disappointingly easy with Sunbro helping out, even on NG+. You can just do tons of damage to him while he's fighting Sunbro. My primary motivation was definitely skipping Lost Izalith though, fuck that place.

strainedeyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By strainedeyes

I just got 1000/1000 a few minutes ago. I played the hell out of this game on the PS3 and then decided I still wanted to play it but wanted to get Achievements for it too, so I sold it and bought it for the 360. Halfway through NG++, 45 hours, and 126 levels later, I just got the final 2 achievements (All Rare Weapons, and the All Achievements Achievement)!

One of my favorite games this gen and definitely my "proudest" 1000 points.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.