Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Sep 22, 2011

A quasi-sequel to From Software's action-RPG Demon's Souls, set in a new universe while retaining most of the basic gameplay and the high level of challenge. It features a less-linear world, a new checkpoint system in the form of bonfires, and the unique Humanity system.

I love Demon's Souls and I find Dark Soul to be unfair

doe3879

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By doe3879

I been playing for 10hours and it pisses me off every time I see projectile from enemy pass right though other enemy, same goes for AoE and all their weapon swings. The only "friendly fire" I seen so far from enemy is the Dragon Breath.

And how my attack get knock back when hitting wall but the enemy's attack just go right through them.

ch13696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By ch13696

Welcome to the world of video games. You should realize, that's the way it should be... unfair. I'm glad they brought this back.

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @doe3879 said:

I been playing for 10hours and it pisses me off every time I see projectile from enemy pass right though other enemy, same goes for AoE and all their weapon swings. The only "friendly fire" I seen so far from enemy is the Dragon Breath.

And how my attack get knock back when hitting wall but the enemy's attack just go right through them.

Welcome to Soul crushing. Have a nice day. 
    FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By FluxWaveZ

I haven't played much but, thinking about it, I can't really say I would call the game unfair at any point. There's this part where I died right in front of a Black Knight or whatever the common enemy with the huge sword and spiked helmet is called and, to retrieve my blood stains, I had to go in front of that enemy again and then run back only to get killed by it once more. I found that pretty stupid. In Demon's Souls the bloodstain appeared at a location something like 10 seconds before your death, but I think that the time interval is shorter with Dark Souls.

TheGodEmperor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By TheGodEmperor

I have to agree entirely. I think it's taken some pretty unfair ideas to make Dark Souls harder than Demon's Souls. Example? Ghosts. They clip through everything, they can attack through it, they can do a lot of damage, they often swarm in high numbers. It's really poor design for a fair challenge. I feel they got so much praise from Demon's Souls being punishingly difficult, but fair that they decided to up the difficulty and made poor design decisions. And I've been told they were trying to encourage a challenging online co-op play, but that doesn't mean you make single player unfair... it means you just make multiple players add more to it than basically force people to play together to even stuff out. Such bs.

handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By handlas

Im enjoying the game but Im playing the Catacombs right now and god damn its pissing me off. Non stop reviving skeletons until you kill certain enemies is annoying. I eventually killed the boss and after is an area that is pitch black where you can fall off ledges to ur death. Extremely annoying. I was walking along the ledge being careful not to fall off...out of the complete darkness walks one of those huge skeletons...he kicks me immediately (no time to react so i blocked it) which kncoks me down and takes half my health. Then he deals the killing blow before I can even stand up. Now thats not the game being hard....that's just bullshit. The game is fun but Demons Souls is still better in my mind.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.