Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Sep 22, 2011

A quasi-sequel to From Software's action-RPG Demon's Souls, set in a new universe while retaining most of the basic gameplay and the high level of challenge. It features a less-linear world, a new checkpoint system in the form of bonfires, and the unique Humanity system.

I made it to Anor London and thiers nothing to do!

Avatar image for generalmojo_786
    GeneralMojo_786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By GeneralMojo_786

hey guys and gals, after an unknown flying beast picked me up and flew me to anor londo, then making it past huge tower kinghts then desperatly looking for a bonfire, i could safely say i settled in AnorLondo! as i could tell from the environment around me, im in some serious shit part of the game, i managed to kill that gargoyle at the bridge but at the end of it, its a dead end, i then went back,  walked up these stairs which led to a forest area, only to then find another dead end, but this was diffrent, it had this huge orange fog blocking the wall, how do i open that fog? am i supposed to be in Anor London? who do i go to to open that fog door and where is this person, please help mwa :)

OroJackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#2  Edited By OroJackson

go to where you killed the gargoyle, turn around and you be able to drop down just right of the stairs you just came down. You will then notice several large, black ropes attached to a large cathedral, climb on one of them and continue foward

Also, the orange fog is inaccessible until you kill the bosses of Anor Londo and get the lordvessel

Avatar image for captaintightpants
    CaptainTightPants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By CaptainTightPants
    @OroJackson said:

go to where you killed the gargoyle, turn around and you be able to drop down just right of the stairs you just came down. You will then notice several large, black ropes attached to a large cathedral, climb on one of them and continue foward

Also, the orange fog is inaccessible until you kill the bosses of Anor Londo and get the lordvessel

Pretty much that, but Its a buttress/platform not a rope.
    Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By Marz

Near the bridge there is a building across the way with a broken window.   That's where you need to go.

Avatar image for generalmojo_786
    GeneralMojo_786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By GeneralMojo_786

ahhh thanksss ill see later if i find it.

gerrid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By gerrid

@GeneralMojo_786: those tower knights you encounter as you walk in don't attack you if you just run past... could have avoided some aggro!

Syndrom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Syndrom

those tower knights are the easy part, the part leading up to the main hall where the bosses are (with all the silver knights) frustrated the hell out of me.

pretty place though!

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#8  Edited By cornbredx

I got to the last boss today on Anor Lando. I didn't find it to be too bad. The most frustrating was the giants in front of the bosses door, and the damn archers (Those archers will keep you awake at night haha).

Overall I think it was alright; ya, there was a lot of small high up walk ways, but at least there's no pendulums or never ending poison mosquitoes bugging you.

Gonna try the bosses later, I hear bad things so I think it will be a short try and I'll try again tomorrow haha

Really cool area, too. It's fascinating how clean it is in comparison to most of the other areas of Lordran. I really need to find that ring so I can kill a certain someone to get my weapon buff.

Anyway, I think it's my favorite area in the game so far.

Rheinmetall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By Rheinmetall

You need to play it online and consult the messages that other players left. That's what I do when I get stuck.

Hooded

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By Hooded

@CornBREDX said:

I got to the last boss today on Anor Lando. I didn't find it to be too bad. The most frustrating was the giants in front of the bosses door, and the damn archers (Those archers will keep you awake at night haha).

Overall I think it was alright; ya, there was a lot of small high up walk ways, but at least there's no pendulums or never ending poison mosquitoes bugging you.

Gonna try the bosses later, I hear bad things so I think it will be a short try and I'll try again tomorrow haha

Really cool area, too. It's fascinating how clean it is in comparison to most of the other areas of Lordran. I really need to find that ring so I can kill a certain someone to get my weapon buff.

Anyway, I think it's my favorite area in the game so far.

How did you take on the 2 giants outside of the boss area? I find them a lot harder than the other big guys near the bomfire. What level are you? Also, do you know if you have to fight them? Can you just run straight to boss fight?

EmptyApartment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By EmptyApartment

@Hooded said:

How did you take on the 2 giants outside of the boss area? I find them a lot harder than the other big guys near the bomfire. What level are you? Also, do you know if you have to fight them? Can you just run straight to boss fight?

Once you know where your going Hooded you dont have to fight those two giant knights before boss battle, if you like you can run straight to the fog door and enter.

Moztacular

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Moztacular

Prepare yourself...

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#13  Edited By cornbredx
    @Hooded:  I use a lightning spear to take on the giants. Those 2 in particular are a pain because they have a heal miracle (which wont stop casting because of their armor) and the AoE miracle (I forgot the name of it). I mainly just circle strafed and took one down at a time by pulling them to the back of the area. If they start to heal just wail on them and hope to get them dead before it finishes healing, otherwise its a patience fight. Just keep at it, they are really not that hard if you're patient. 

I agree, they are harder then the other giants in Anor Londo. 

I am level 53 at the moment. Lightly strength based cleric with balanced Vit and End. I use a shield, a +10 mace, and occasionally the lightning spear that I have up to +3 so far. 

You don't HAVE to fight them, but they are near the stair case. It seems best to, but if you run in the fog they can't follow you- if you were curious to know that  =) 

Ya you can just run to the boss, those giants in particular are slow. They shouldn't catch you unless you stop. 

Hope that helps =)
    Hooded

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#14  Edited By Hooded

Awesome, thanks guys :-) i'll give it a try after work tomorrow. I can fight the normal big guys easy just these ones seem alot stronger and with their magic, its a pain.

I'm using Lightening spear +3 too, which is alright but to kill both then fight the boss with hardly any flasks seems dumb.

myalt22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#15  Edited By myalt22

I always just run past those knights because they mess me up every time.

Still stuck on Smough & Ornstein, though :X

mitter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By mitter

Anor Londo is the part of the game where it stops making fun. The knights are just annoying and cheap imo and if you want summon help for the bosses you get invaded by some scumbag with a fog ring.

Barrabas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#17  Edited By Barrabas

If you want to kill the two big knights before the boss you can do it pretty easily with a bow. Once you kill the two regular big ones, stand just outside the double doors and you can freely snipe the first one without it chasing you. You then run inside and go up the stairs to the right immediately. The second knight will try to attack you as you get to the stairs but they're pretty slow so getting past him shouldn't be a problem. You can then go up to the 3rd flight of stairs and snipe the 2nd without him chasing after you.

Of course if you don't have much dexterity you still have to do it the hard way, or spend a shit ton of arrows on them.

mitter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By mitter

@Barrabas: Yup, -> Dex 13^^

I just hate this place right now, it's so annoying.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.