Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Sep 22, 2011

A quasi-sequel to From Software's action-RPG Demon's Souls, set in a new universe while retaining most of the basic gameplay and the high level of challenge. It features a less-linear world, a new checkpoint system in the form of bonfires, and the unique Humanity system.

Is it just me or suddenly I met too many cheaters?

Noli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Noli

Well, I have no idea what's going on in last couple of hours. After playing almost whole game as Knight, leaving only last boss to kill, not being invaded too many times, I made new character, Pyromancer. Suddenly, like never before I started getting Invaded by people who wore same, fat outfits, most of them with crystal or huge hammers, one punching my coop phantoms(one of them almost one-shoted Helkite Dragon). Those invaders had no life left, did not get damaged by anything, got teleportation skills letting them teleport to me and do backstab from 50 meters, and spawned mostly in low leveled, noobish areas. Should I just take a couple days of break from this or try to level up, so they would stop showing up? It's kind of ridiculous to harass new players... I wish they would make Invading as an option in settings...

Btw. I've been playing PS3 version of Dark Souls.

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Damn this is a thing on PS3 too? That sucks. I was used to leveling characters offline for the most part on PC, but now not even consoles are sacred? :(

I doubt the invasion community is too active. Just taking a few hours off is probably enough that they'll be gone. I'd personally just play as a hollow or play offline and level out of the parish area and you are most likely fine after that.

Noli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tobbrobb:

Yep, even PS3 is fucked up. Got couple hours later back to check how's things are going. I got invaded immediately around the Gargoyle's Church. AKB48 Lover is his nick. It's really annoying, same guy is sitting there for last 20 hours or so. I will finish my other character and take a couple day break from DS. Maybe he will leave at some point.

handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can't you just set it to offline?

I ran into cheaters in Dark Souls 3 during my playthrough when it came out. Was on PC, so, pretty much expected. People would noclip into the floor and kill you from under the ground. It was lovely when you are running along and suddenly start taking damage.

NeverGameOver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

It takes some special dedication to hack a PS3 so I feel like you'd have to be like an adult with some actual hacking skills to pull it off. When I was like 12, I used to cheat in Starcraft by like, using map hacks or entering no rush games and Zerg rushing the shit out of people. But those were simpler times and it required no effort.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.