Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Sep 22, 2011

A quasi-sequel to From Software's action-RPG Demon's Souls, set in a new universe while retaining most of the basic gameplay and the high level of challenge. It features a less-linear world, a new checkpoint system in the form of bonfires, and the unique Humanity system.

I've gotten myself stuck in Blighttown and can't get out

N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By N7

I got into Blighttown from the Firelink Shrine elevator and accidentally fell all the way down without taking any damage. I went on to light the bonfire and fight the spider witch because I figured, hey that's what I'm here for, right? Well now I don't know how to get the flip out of here and every time I try I go toxic and die. I have no idea what to do.

Please god help me.

OfficeGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By OfficeGamer

Hennessy got you not knowing how to act, you're falling and you can't turn back.

jkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By jkz

It's a kind of convoluted path, but as I remember if you run out of the boss chamber and forward, you see a water wheel that you can ride up to the top and out of that shithole. My memory's a tad flimsy, though, so you know, a grain of salt and all that.

Enigma777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By Enigma777

Use the force!

Ares42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Ares42

If you lit the bonfire before the boss, just to the right when you exit that tunnel you can see the big elevator thing. It can be sorta devilish, but you can ride it up then climb a bunch of stairs.

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Ravenlight

You can cure poison with purple moss if you have any. Put on whichever armor gives you the highest poison resistance and sprint to the patches of dry land.

Assuming you're at the swamp bonfire and not the bonfire after the second bell, if you take an immediate right out of the bonfire and hug the wall, you'll find the waterwheel elevator which will take you back up from where you came.

If you go past the elevator and keep following the wall, you'll come to the giant web mound that leads to the next boss and the second bell.

McGhee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By McGhee

@N7:

Did you beat the spider? If you did, run to the Demon Ruins. Get to where the Ceaseless Discharge boss is. In that back corner is the Gold Hemmed Black Robes. They have the best poison resistance in the game. Don't bother running around Blighttown until you have those. You can get them without having to kill the boss. Just run in, get them, and run out.

N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By N7
    @jukezypoo: The area after the boss fight(Where the bell is) is covered in lava. Is that the direction?

@Ares42: I just did a "run out and try to find that shit before you die" move and didn't see a waterwheel. I see a series of stairs and ladders but I keep getting poisoned and then toxic before I get anywhere close to home. I keep trying but it keeps going the same way.
    Kerned

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Kerned

@McGhee said:

@N7:

Did you beat the spider? If you did, run to the Demon Ruins. Get to where the Ceaseless Discharge boss is. In that back corner is the Gold Hemmed Black Robes. They have the best poison resistance in the game. Don't bother running around Blighttown until you have those. You can get them without having to kill the boss. Just run in, get them, and run out.

I'm pretty sure grabbing those is what triggers the boss fight. You can't just run in, get them and run out.

Ares42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Ares42

@N7: You sholdn't be getting toxic at the bottom of the pit. As you exit the tunnel just go right, kill the first fire guy, run/roll/jump across the water (following the wall) and you'll get to a second firespitter and you shold see the whole contraption. Once you get up the wheel and the first ladder there's an area you might get toxic, but if you just kill the first guy there (he won't respawn) you will not get toxic anymore unless you explore deeper into that area.

You can easily get back up even if you get poisoned from the little dip in the water, as it only takes about 1,5 estus to heal the poison before it subsides.

N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By N7
    @Kerned said:

@McGhee said:

@N7:

I'm pretty sure grabbing those is what triggers the boss fight. You can't just run in, get them and run out.

I actually have no idea where that is or what that boss is. I am pretty new-ish to the game.
    McGhee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By McGhee

@Kerned said:

@McGhee said:

@N7:

It triggers the boss fight, but you don't have to fight him. You can run away. It's what I did. I got the robes way before I was strong enough to beat him.

Kerned

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Kerned

@McGhee: You can run away from that fight? I'll be damned.

McGhee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By McGhee

@N7 said:

@Kerned said:

@McGhee said:

@N7:

I actually have no idea where that is or what that boss is. I am pretty new-ish to the game.

Firstly, ignore what that other guy said. He's wrong. The Demon Ruins area is where all that lava is. Just explore that area until you find the robes. Then run back. It's not too hard.

N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By N7
    @Ravenlight said:

You can cure poison with purple moss if you have any. Put on whichever armor gives you the highest poison resistance and sprint to the patches of dry land.

Assuming you're at the swamp bonfire and not the bonfire after the second bell, if you take an immediate right out of the bonfire and hug the wall, you'll find the waterwheel elevator which will take you back up from where you came.

If you go past the elevator and keep following the wall, you'll come to the giant web mound that leads to the next boss and the second bell.

I just found the waterwheel(and then immediately fell off and died), but thanks! I know which direction to go now. I will try again!
    Kerned

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Kerned

Hey, you did go upstairs and ring the second bell after you beat what's-her-name the spider, right?

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Ravenlight

@N7 said:

I just found the waterwheel(and then immediately fell off and died), but thanks! I know which direction to go now. I will try again!

Keep at it! Eventually you will turn the tables and, like John Romero, make Blighttown your bitch.

YOU_DIED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By YOU_DIED

@N7 said:

@jukezypoo: The area after the boss fight(Where the bell is) is covered in lava. Is that the direction?

@Ares42: I just did a "run out and try to find that shit before you die" move and didn't see a waterwheel. I see a series of stairs and ladders but I keep getting poisoned and then toxic before I get anywhere close to home. I keep trying but it keeps going the same way.

Coming out of Queelag's domain into Blighttown, just hug the left wall through the swamp and eventually you will find the large rotating wheel with a ramp next to it. It's nearly impossible to miss. Use purple moss/blooming purple moss to stop poison/toxicity.

N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By N7
    @Kerned: @McGhee: I WILL DO ALL OF THESE THINGS! Thank you. I normally have no issue with the game, but I'll admit, I bought the DLC and want to get into it as soon as possible.
    pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By pyrodactyl

@N7 said:

you get toxic from blowdart dudes. If you kill them they don't respawn.

The exit you want is between the bonfire in the swamp (in some kind of tunnel) and the spider nest.

Start from the bonfire and go right in the direction of the spider nest. stay close to the right wall in the swamp and you will find the waterwheel. Get on it (it's an elevator) and the exit is way up.

You have to use every latter you see (some are tough to pick out) and avoid or kill the blowdart dudes. You should find a key in a chest when you reach near the top and than there's a tunnel with 3 club dudes. Pull them one by one to kill them.

At the end of the tunnel you just have to cross the little plank bridge and open the door. There you go, you're back in new londo near the start of the game, just take the elevator up to firelink shrine.

N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By N7
    @McGhee: Just found the Harry Potter badguy clothes and now I'm going to have another stab at it. Also, that boss was pretty wicked looking.
    McGhee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By McGhee

@N7 said:

@McGhee: Just found the Harry Potter badguy clothes and now I'm going to have another stab at it. Also, that boss was pretty wicked looking.

That's some of the best armor in the game. Good Luck Have Batman.

N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By N7
    @McGhee: Actually, those robes helped out a lot. I made it out. Also my firekeeper is dead so what the fuck.

Thanks for the help. I had no idea where that waterwheel was and I was heading left nonstop. It never occurred to me that I should try right. Thanks a lot everyone.

Last bonfire I hit was in the ruins, so let's hope I can make it to the Blacksmith.

<>
    Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Ravenlight

@N7 said:

Harry Potter badguy clothes

I had a good chuckle at that. You're spot-on with that description.

Avatar image for fire_of_the_wind
    Fire_Of_The_Wind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Fire_Of_The_Wind

@N7 said:

@McGhee: Actually, those robes helped out a lot. I made it out. Also my firekeeper is dead so what the fuck. Thanks for the help. I had no idea where that waterwheel was and I was heading left nonstop. It never occurred to me that I should try right. Thanks a lot everyone. Last bonfire I hit was in the ruins, so let's hope I can make it to the Blacksmith. <>

Did you pick up the loot from where the firekeeper was? You'll get a black eye stone which you'll be able to use later, you'll know when, and get her firekeeper soul, don't use it to reinforce your estus, you can go back to fire link shrine and revive her there, which will light the bonfire.

N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By N7
    @Fire_Of_The_Wind: I got the black eye orb. No extra firekeeper soul yet but I will remember not to use them until I revive her.
    HaltIamReptar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By HaltIamReptar

This reads like nothing but madness to someone who has no idea what the what is a Dark Soul.

I fear I may enjoy reading about Dark Souls more than I will playing it. Y'all can safely ignore this post. Sorry for the interruption.

Make_Me_Mad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#29  Edited By Make_Me_Mad

Nice job making it through Blighttown. That place is a real nightmare, but if you can deal with it then there's not a lot that the game will do that's worse (in my opinion).

@dudeglove: This is gonna sound weird, but weren't you dead once or something?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.