Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Sep 22, 2011

A quasi-sequel to From Software's action-RPG Demon's Souls, set in a new universe while retaining most of the basic gameplay and the high level of challenge. It features a less-linear world, a new checkpoint system in the form of bonfires, and the unique Humanity system.

Killed the first merchant restart the game?

Edin899

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Edin899

I killed the first merchant by accident and have no way to buy arrows or anything else now from him.

Should i restart the game? I am level 21 and about to fight the demon with his dogs.

MezZa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By MezZa

I would. It doesn't take long to get back to that point in the game. I haven't seen any other merchants with arrows yet, but if someone says there's another one soon then it's not as big of a deal. Just make sure you always take your fingers off the shoulder buttons, never set the control down, and never fight while you're near npcs.

onarum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By onarum

Isn't this like the second or third time you kill a merchant by "accident"?

Avatar image for deactivated-5e851fc84effd
    deactivated-5e851fc84effd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thought you were taking this back for a full refund?

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By FluxWaveZ

@CrazyBagMan said:

Usually people who are the most inflammatory about something turn out to be hypocrites, it seems. Just like that MW2 Steam boycott event.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#6  Edited By Tennmuerti

nah you can buy arrows from other merchants
    he does sell 1 key that is used a couple times in the area and is used to free a mage NPC in Undead Burg
    so if you're a mage and didn't buy the key or don't have master key then t might be worth restarting

I'm not 100% but I thing there is also a dude that can rez NPCs later on, but don't hold me to that

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
    TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#7  Edited By TaliciaDragonsong
    @CrazyBagMan said:

Just a phase of playing this game.

Yeah you should restart, you'll feel better about yourself this time around with your new knowledge and lay out of the first areas.
    And Arrows are handy as fuck on some points.
    Grissefar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Grissefar
    @Tennmuerti said:
    nah you can buy arrows from other merchants he does sell 1 key that is used a couple times in the area and is used to free a mage NPC in Undead Burg so if you're a mage and didn't buy the key or don't have master key then t might be worth restarting  I'm not 100% but I thing there is also a dude that can rez NPCs later on, but don't hold me to that
    I killed him and he dropped his key so that part is not a problem.
    Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Tennmuerti
    @Grissefar said:
    @Tennmuerti said:
    nah you can buy arrows from other merchants he does sell 1 key that is used a couple times in the area and is used to free a mage NPC in Undead Burg so if you're a mage and didn't buy the key or don't have master key then t might be worth restarting  I'm not 100% but I thing there is also a dude that can rez NPCs later on, but don't hold me to that
    Then I wouldn't bother restarting.
    There is another merchant at the end of Undead Burg that sells arrows (in the shortcut).  They are however specialty arrows and can be quite expensive.
    The first merchant is good for bulk cheap arrows. Don't know if there will be any selling cheap arrows later on however.
    gla55jAw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 31

#10  Edited By gla55jAw

@Tennmuerti said:

@Grissefar said:
    @Tennmuerti said:
    nah you can buy arrows from other merchants he does sell 1 key that is used a couple times in the area and is used to free a mage NPC in Undead Burg so if you're a mage and didn't buy the key or don't have master key then t might be worth restarting I'm not 100% but I thing there is also a dude that can rez NPCs later on, but don't hold me to that
    Then I wouldn't bother restarting. There is another merchant at the end of Undead Burg that sells arrows (in the shortcut). They are however specialty arrows and can be quite expensive. The first merchant is good for bulk cheap arrows. Don't know if there will be any selling cheap arrows later on however.

I haven't seen anyone else that sells the arrows that he does so far.

Nux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By Nux

@Tennmuerti said:

nah you can buy arrows from other merchants he does sell 1 key that is used a couple times in the area and is used to free a mage NPC in Undead Burg so if you're a mage and didn't buy the key or don't have master key then t might be worth restarting I'm not 100% but I thing there is also a dude that can rez NPCs later on, but don't hold me to that

Do you know where in Undead Burg that mage is? I'm a mage so saveing him seems like the thing to do.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Tennmuerti
    @Nux said:

@Tennmuerti said:

Do you know where in Undead Burg that mage is? I'm a mage so saveing him seems like the thing to do.

Need to kill the area boss to get a key for lower part of the Undead Burg.
    Use the key one the locked tower at the start of the drake bridge.
    Once you get down to where the dogs are he is in one of the locked houses (hense need for key from the merchant)
    Chippy180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Chippy180

Did you buy the Orange Soap Stone from him? I'm not sure whether you can buy that off other merchants and it's pretty handy. Other merchants sell arrows, like the crazy lady in the aquaduct.

Nux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By Nux

@Tennmuerti said:

@Nux said:

@Tennmuerti said:

Need to kill the area boss to get a key for lower part of the Undead Burg. Use the key one the locked tower at the start of the drake bridge.Once you get down to where the dogs are he is in one of the locked houses (hense need for key from the merchant)

Thanks, once I finish Blighttown I'll check it out.

untoward

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By untoward

Edin889 is a serial killer.

subyman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By subyman

I killed the merchant as well on accident, its not a big deal. I used poison arrows to take off the dragon's tail, only needed ~20 of them so 2000 souls. The merchant drops the key, a sword, and the soap stone so there really isn't a need to restart the game only to buy useless arrows. You out grow those arrows very quickly anyway. The best part of Dark Souls is having to live with your consequences.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.