Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Sep 22, 2011

A quasi-sequel to From Software's action-RPG Demon's Souls, set in a new universe while retaining most of the basic gameplay and the high level of challenge. It features a less-linear world, a new checkpoint system in the form of bonfires, and the unique Humanity system.

Saving the guy in the cell

tw1sted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By tw1sted

I don't remember the exact details of where I found this guy. But there was some guy locked in a cell that you could set free simply by pressing "yes", but I recalled vaguely of when Rorie was talking about some guy in a cell that if you freed will go back to your home and kill a ton of important people.

Was he referring to Demons Souls, or was this guy in the cell the one he referred to. Also, have I screwed myself over in any way by being a douchecake to him? :(

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @Tw1sted said:

I don't remember the exact details of where I found this guy. But there was some guy locked in a cell that you could set free simply by pressing "yes", but I recalled vaguely of when Rorie was talking about some guy in a cell that if you freed will go back to your home and kill a ton of important people.

Was he referring to Demons Souls, or was this guy in the cell the one he referred to. Also, have I screwed myself over in any way by being a douchecake to him? :(

That was demon souls. I think. It was a guy in a cage and if you dont kill him he goes back and kills everyone. 
    FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By FluxWaveZ
    @Tw1sted said:

He was referring to Demon's Souls. The guy you save in Dark Souls tends to remind people who played Demon's Souls of a certain infamous NPC named "Yurt" who killed everyone back at the Nexus if you let him.
    punpun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By punpun

You're fine. I don't think he'll kill anymore than one NPC if you free him, and I heard that if you leave him in his cell, he'll eventually get out and kill even more. I think.

Binman88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Binman88

He was referring to Demon's Souls I believe. There's a guy you can free in the Undead Parish in Dark Souls, and I recommend you free him. I'd also recommend googling him if you're worried about any potential repercussions for doing so (afraid to give too much away here).

nohthink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By nohthink

I know there is also a guy in Dark Souls that kill off a whole bunch NPCs in Firelink Shrine. I don't know where I found him and saved him but I'm thinking about killing that dude for sure.

R_Coles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By R_Coles

@Tw1sted said:

Whether you free him or not, he will still get out of the cell and kill a certain NPC, but you can eventually get revenge...hope thats vague enough for you

ghost_cat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ghost_cat

All I can say is kill him. I certainly don't regret it.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By FluxWaveZ
    @nohthink said:

I know there is also a guy in Dark Souls that kill off a whole bunch NPCs in Firelink Shrine.

I don't think there is.
    punpun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By punpun
    handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By handlas

Spoilers obviously but it was in Rorie's article anyway...

Yes...he kills the lady in Firelink that won't talk to you but upgrades your flask. The bonfire there won't be lit anymore...I"m not sure of the significance of that because I'm still able to spawn there after I die.

You'll get her clothes and also get a stone to invade the world of the killer of her. Which is most likely him because he has since disappeared from my game. I haven't been able to use it yet tho because I think I need Humanity which I don't have.

FUMN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By FUMN

I killed him because he didn't give me my reward after I freed him and his laugh was "keh keh keh"

He was a lil difficult to kill but I got it first try but barely.

I got 5 humanities and a bitchin ring that has a pretty universally helpful bonus.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.