Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Sep 22, 2011

A quasi-sequel to From Software's action-RPG Demon's Souls, set in a new universe while retaining most of the basic gameplay and the high level of challenge. It features a less-linear world, a new checkpoint system in the form of bonfires, and the unique Humanity system.

Sif is nearly unplayable... (5 year old thread)

• 90 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

kishinfoulux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By kishinfoulux

I beat him on my first try. Found out later he gives a lot of people trouble. >_>

Nadril

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#52  Edited By Nadril

Sif is real easy. Just stay under and roll when she attacks.

Zombieheadbutt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#53  Edited By Zombieheadbutt

I think some people are having difficulties because of character builds. As I mentioned, some of us are having some very odd framerate and input lag in that fight. This game is very divisive.

Zombieheadbutt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By Zombieheadbutt

Finally beat Sif and this time I didn't have any frame or input lag. I have no idea what is creating the difference.

Fought my way back down to Quelaag's Lair and killed her. I, of course, hit the freaking merchant! Gah! Right after that a soapstone writing appeared with a warning. Fought my way ALL the way to the bottom of Demon's Ruins just to find out I can't pass through that golden light. And let me tell you just how annoying it is to try to get by five capra demons while trying to get back up from the ruins. And those worms are the worst!

Finally went to Sen's Fortress and I'm batting a perfect game. I get surprised a few times but I pull through and then I get to what I believe is the VERY tip and take maybe a centimeter to much of a step and get hit by the guillotine and fall ALL they way back to the bottom and lost at least 30k souls. WHY would that not put a bonfire anywhere along that huge tower?! WHY!?

Rizaun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Rizaun

Wow, just fought Sif again on a new char and this time it was horrible, Every time i got closer to her, horrible fps drop, sometimes way too bad to even see what i was doing, This time it was too hard.

Avatar image for alianthaberries
    AlianthaBerries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By AlianthaBerries

The best way to fight Sif is to use Iron Flesh Pyromancy and equip the wolf ring, take the hits, go two hands and swing away.

Kazzurak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Kazzurak

when i fought her i couldnt take the double swing, i died quite a few times but just wait until the last second when youre about to get hit, roll under her during the double spin and youll have plenty of time to hack away, but try not to use a spear i dunno how high it can hit vertically, i used a katana when doing her which would hit her easily because of the high vertical swing

AMonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By AMonkey

1. You don't have to fight anyone on the way to Sif. Just sprint through.

3. When she goes for the double wide arc swing roll towards her on the first swing. You will pass under the blade and end up beside her legs. Block just to be safe (though the 2nd swipe will likely miss) and hit her a few times, rinse and repeat. I've never experienced this lag you talk about either.

TeamJersey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#59  Edited By TeamJersey

@Zombieheadbutt:

Yeah it's been said, but you can take darkroot garden to darkroot basin...problem is the hyrdra and crystal golems. Kill hydra and golems, climb the ladders, and make sure you cross the bridge to your left after the second ladder and you can cross a forest with three large, aggressive cats. Kill them and you can get to Sif relatively easily. I make mention of this because it is possible to get there another way than how you have been going, but there are still enemies to deal with.

It's also been said. Get under her belly. Slash away. Done.

Avatar image for deactivated-6256d396c4133
    deactivated-6256d396c4133

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I beat Sif on my first try. Just stay under the belly the whole time. It's actually not that hard. As for getting to Sif, when you walk to the open forest area with the invisible enemies stick to the left and you'll only have to fight the knight and the bandit.

Avatar image for do_the_manta_ray
    Do_The_Manta_Ray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Do_The_Manta_Ray

Yep, the belly trick works. Stick it deep in her belly! Tickle her belly-button from the inside! Impale that womb! Make her your bitch! (It's a canine, alright?) Show her who's got the bigger sword and how to swing it, if you know what I'm saying.

Alright, here's how to beat Sif. Equip a.. Shield.. And a.. Weapon.. Yeeees. Block her attack when she runs towards you and swing her sword, she usually follows it up with another swing, but you can avoid it by running inbetween her legs (if you know what I'm saying) and shift to two-handed (Oh, yeaah!), and just thrust away (...) until she jumps away, she can't hit you.

Keep moving backwards while mainting lock-on unless she's doing her charge, and so you'll never get hit by her spin attack, which is the only dangerous move she has in her arsenal. Blocking will not be enough to save half your health. As long as you keep moving backwards and play it safe, you probably won't even get hit.

I got her on my second try on my initial play-through. There was no fucking mist and I had 1 estus flask left.. Yeah... Killed her right away after that.

It's one of the easier bosses in the game. Just wait until you get to Lord Gwyn, OOOOOH MAN! You're screwed, boyo. (Seriously, good luck, duders. Our best wishes.)

Now... All you need to remember, she's nothing but a..

Atarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Atarius

I seriously love how everyone claims this fight is easy. I personally had an easier time with Capra Demon though and killed him on my 5th try. Though everyone complains about him for some reason.

Anyways the problem i keep having with Sif is I get under her belly and she immediately jumps away; she then charges me for massive damage or spin attacks me after jumping back to me. I also can't roll fast enough to avoid the second blow from the spin attack after blocking the first like others have mentioned.

McQuinn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By McQuinn

Just get a good shield with high stability. Because she runs so much to reset and attack, it's really important that she never shield crushes you.

Atarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Atarius

@McQuinn said:

Just get a good shield with high stability. Because she runs so much to reset and attack, it's really important that she never shield crushes you.

Yeah using the eagle shield. Still gets hits through. All the shield really does is slow me down from rolling and running.

zidane_24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By zidane_24

@Atarius: I kind of just got under her and unleashed some Great Combustion. Maybe try joining the forest covenant, becoming human, and seeing if you can summon some white phantoms?

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By The_Laughing_Man

Easily beat her first try. Easily blocked all attacks. 

aaronchance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By aaronchance

@Atarius said:

@McQuinn said:

Yeah using the eagle shield. Still gets hits through. All the shield really does is slow me down from rolling and running.

I used the havel shield. She never even scratched me.

Zombiegolden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Zombiegolden

by absolving, all sins are forgiven, any indictments put on you will be erased so you'll be scratched from the book of sins too, all NPCs that are hostile to you will be reset again. You'll be ''innocent'' again, so as long as you dont kill anything in the forest where the hunters are, you will not be attacked by players. And even when you fucked up at the cat and she calls you a Caitiff(whatever the fuck that may mean, but it''s prolly nothing good) She will be open to conversation again. Also at the same vendor that absolves you can leave your covenant without commiting a sin.

McQuinn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By McQuinn

@Atarius said:

@McQuinn said:

Upgrade your shield. The eagle shield is great and well rounded, but its stability could be a little better. Eagle shield +10 is the same as Hollowed soldier shield +10. I think at 75 stability, most attacks from anybody won't get through.

Nekroskop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Nekroskop

I don't even use human form anymore. I got totally raped by surprise in The Painted World when I was chip-damaging the poison dragon with 400 arrows. Never again.

Stingraymond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Stingraymond

@Jeffsekai said:

I'm so confused how Sif is such a problem for everyone =\ that fight was so easy. Just block an attack then move under her =\

Maybe it's because people play differently to you, have different skill levels, and might find different parts of games easy or hard because everyone plays games differently? Has the confusion gone now or would you like me to draw a picture?

Jackass.

John1912

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By John1912

Yea, sit under her belly. If she jumps, run at her. If you cant make it to her, put on lighter armor. If you cant block her attacks, you need more endurance, Only one attack is unblock-able. If you still cant solo her, come back in 10 levels. Get more endurance and health.

Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#73  Edited By Jeffsekai

@Stingraymond said:

@Jeffsekai said:

I'm so confused how Sif is such a problem for everyone =\ that fight was so easy. Just block an attack then move under her =\

Maybe it's because people play differently to you, have different skill levels, and might find different parts of games easy or hard because everyone plays games differently? Has the confusion gone now or would you like me to draw a picture?

Jackass.

Lmao, cry me a fucking river bro.

Chummy8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#74  Edited By Chummy8

@Zombieheadbutt said:

Sif the name of a Norwegian nature goddess so naturally I assumed they were pulling Norse mythology. I kind of defaulted the wolf to being female.

Well, she is a bitch.

mithical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By mithical

I'm playing on the PS3 and I know what you mean by the fur effect dropping the frame rate. Even when it really started chugging though, I had no trouble keeping between Sif's legs and out of trouble. When the frame rate drops and you feel like you're losing control, just focus on getting underneath her and not on attacking.

Also stability does increase when you upgrade shields (including the Eagle Shield).

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#76  Edited By Humanity

@Jeffsekai said:

@Stingraymond said:

@Jeffsekai said:

Jackass.

Zanga! Nice zing bro *high fives; keg stand*

I had difficulties with him because spears/halberds generally don't work very good against boss legs. So yah I was crying a fucking river.

My recommendation to anyone is that if you ever wanted to try to completely tank a boss this is the best place to try. Sif has no magic attacks, everything is physical, get the biggest shield you have and put on the toughest armor - then find a high damage weapon that preferably attacks in horizontal swings and you should be able to get through it easy.

MeierTheRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By MeierTheRed

I beat Sif up close and personal with a battle axe and hard leather armor, so it can be done. Learn the boss move sets, and watch for its ques. If you can get under it, and two hand your weapon. When it starts doing its spin attack with the sword, just keep your distance. It will jump at you at some point, and that's where you get under it again and do more damage. Make sure to bring a shield that blocks 100%.

Anyhow that's how i beat it.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#78  Edited By TheHT

@Stingraymond said:

@Jeffsekai said:

Jackass.

@Humanity said:

@Jeffsekai said:

@Stingraymond said:

@Jeffsekai said:

Jackass.

Zanga! Nice zing bro *high fives; keg stand*

I had difficulties with him because spears/halberds generally don't work very good against boss legs. So yah I was crying a fucking river.

lol Dark Souls bringing out the best in people.

JackG100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#79  Edited By JackG100

Sif was supereasy and I used a spear... hmm.. Bed of Chaos on the other hand! Now there is an annoying boss.

StrikeALight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By StrikeALight

I pyro'd her on my second attempt. Kinda cheap, but got the work done.

McShank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By McShank

4kings on NG+++ is hard. sif is a joke.. bed of chaos is just blocking and running to the next spot. And I am soloing these which is why its always fun to hear people talking about bosses where I never really had a challenge. If people are having trouble with sif, GET a shield that blocks 100% physical.. doesn't have to be a big one either. IF you need to, upgrade it and get some more stability. If you lose all stamina after 1 block, you need to learn to roll under his swings then since you did not level up an important stat. Its not needed to level up, but if you are not playing on a second character, it is a good thing to learn the game and bosses.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By xyzygy

For some reason, my first attempt at Sif was insanely easy. Killed him first try, just by staying under his legs. But then NG+ rolls around and I can't do shit all. His attacks are insanely powerful and I can't defend against anything anymore. Does a shields stability really matter so much?

I did manage to kill him though, with arrows. His spin attack is really slow so I'd pop him everytime he'd do it and then run away because he takes so long to attack - I would be out of his range (even though he has massive range)

Blackbadg3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@immuniity: I was going to give my two cents, but you pretty much gave it with much much more. This was genius. I was looking for a like button, and found none. Otherwise you'd have 9999999999999999999 likes. Well said @immuniity.

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackbadg3r: Don't mean to be a killjoy, but the thread's 18 months old, and @immuniity hasn't been active on the forums for equally as long.

Immuniity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@turambar: I still appreciate him being nice, regardless.

Dan_CiTi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GalacticPunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By GalacticPunt
    FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That feeling when you go to an old thread and see why it was bumped...

Anyway, Sif was one of my post Ornstein and Smough fights, so it wasn't that tough. I would cheat in that ring for the Four Kings, DLC, and whatnot to see that alternate scene first hand, but YouTube exists.

Rich666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By Rich666

If youre having this much trouble with Sif... than, man... are you in for some shit later. Not to sound like a Dark Souls elitist, but Sif is honestly one of the easier bosses in the original Dark Souls. Good luck and keep at it. Eventually you will win.

geirr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is precious <3

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.