Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Sep 22, 2011

A quasi-sequel to From Software's action-RPG Demon's Souls, set in a new universe while retaining most of the basic gameplay and the high level of challenge. It features a less-linear world, a new checkpoint system in the form of bonfires, and the unique Humanity system.

Sorcerer advice - should I bother upgrading gear early game?

UpPast2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By UpPast2

I'm around SL 32 and have mainly been putting my souls into leveling. I know most classes put souls into gear (armor/weapons) in equal portion to leveling, but since the sorcerer's damage is INT dependent for spells should I be bothering upgrading the gear? It seems like a waste of souls at this point since I'll still get one shotted in +5 armor - I was thinking of just waiting until I get the higher armor sets and a better weapon.

I know I'll be screwed for PVP encounters but I plan on dying when it comes to that anyways. What do you guys think?

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Fredchuckdave

Save souls for spells, as far as Sorc goes getting to 44 Int is the only goal you should have. Spell progression should be: Soul Arrow, Great Soul Arrow, Great Heavy Soul Arrow, Homing Soul Mass (don't know how bad it got nerfed), Crystal Homing Soul Mass, Soul Spear, Crystal Soul Spear. 8 VIT runs are entirely possible thanks to your absurd damage output potential. Dusk Crown and/or Gwyndolin's hat plus sorc boosting ring = success. Use Logan's super catalyst for overkill. Don't PvP, if you simply MUST then camp corners with soulmass variants and hope the guy's an idiot.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.