Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Sep 22, 2011

A quasi-sequel to From Software's action-RPG Demon's Souls, set in a new universe while retaining most of the basic gameplay and the high level of challenge. It features a less-linear world, a new checkpoint system in the form of bonfires, and the unique Humanity system.

This game has sold out everywhere.

metal_mills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By metal_mills

Man, I really wanted to grab this game today. I go to 4 stores. All sold out. I went to Harvey Norman, Gametraders, EB and JB. For those not in Australia Harvey Norman and JB are big stores. I asked about it at JB and they said they got a lot of copies in and it sold out in 24 hours. EB even has a pre-orders list for the next lot of stock! That's kinda crazy. Great news for Dark Souls. Sucks for me though. :(

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#2  Edited By Humanity

@Metal_Mills said:

Man, I really wanted to grab this game today. I go to 4 stores. All sold out. I went to Harvey Norman, Gametraders, EB and JB. For those not in Australia Harvey Norman and JB are big stores. I asked about it at JB and they said they got a lot of copies in and it sold out in 24 hours. EB even has a pre-orders list for the next lot of stock! That's kinda crazy. Great news for Dark Souls. Sucks for me though. :(

Do you guys have some sort of eBay equivelant over there? Not sure if it woudl take more time to ship than to wait for a new in-store shipment.

JerichoBlyth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By JerichoBlyth

Vinny would probably give you his copy if you asked nicely lol He just does not 'get it' by the sounds of it.

But yeah, in any case, it's nice to see a game like this selling out and it gives me hope for humanity and taste.

metal_mills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By metal_mills
    @Humanity said:

@Metal_Mills said:

Do you guys have some sort of eBay equivelant over there? Not sure if it woudl take more time to ship than to wait for a new in-store shipment.

We have ebay. We're not THAT behind in technology!
    probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By probablytuna

I ordered mine from Ozgameshop and it's probably not coming until at least the end of the week........ So want to play it right now....

ViciousReiven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ViciousReiven

I hear the main reason it's selling out is because there's just not many available, the local GameStop only got 10 copies, 5 for each console.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#7  Edited By AhmadMetallic

Woah, didn't realize this torturous series was that popular ;o

Laksa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By Laksa

it is in stock at playasia, might want to try there link

white

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By white

Try mugging a guy =D

Masha2932

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Masha2932
    @Metal_Mills said:
    Greetings from Wollongong. You're better off buying the game online. It will be cheaper anyway. 

I suggest: 

OZgameshop: http://www.ozgameshop.com/ps3-games/dark-souls-limited-edition-game-ps3

Zavvi: http://www.zavvi.com/elysium.search?searchFilters=&search=dark+souls 

Both sites have free shipping as well. Delivery is usually 1 1/2 to 2 weeks.
    Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
    TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@AhmadMetallic said:
    Woah, didn't realize this torturous series was that popular ;o
    Never underestimate the draw of pain.

My gamestore still had like 15 copies I saw today, but they ordered extra since they knew it was gonna be a smash hit no matter what the haters said.
    xaLieNxGrEyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By xaLieNxGrEyx

I rarely pre-order (maybe once every couple years) but if you didn't pre-order this (I'm sorry but) you're a moron.  

It was obviously going to be hard to find, Demon's Souls was near impossible when it was released so much that I paid 79.99$ for a copy at eb which I thought was illegal but w.er
    EthanielRain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By EthanielRain

I'm curious to see the sales figures for this & Rage, if anyone happens across it please post it here/let me know. Thanks :)

Thor_Molecules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Thor_Molecules

Dark Souls has been doing quite all right in the UK, it seems. #3 is not bad at all for a game like this.

CHART TRACK UK ALL FORMAT FULL-PRICE TOP 20, WEEK ENDING October 8, 20111. FIFA 12
    2. RAGE
    3. Dark Souls4. Gears of War 3
    5. F1 2011
    6. Zumba Fitness
    7. Dead Island
    8. Deus Ex: Human Revolution
    9. Resistance 3

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.