Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Sep 22, 2011

A quasi-sequel to From Software's action-RPG Demon's Souls, set in a new universe while retaining most of the basic gameplay and the high level of challenge. It features a less-linear world, a new checkpoint system in the form of bonfires, and the unique Humanity system.

Was the blacksmith important?

simpliztik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By simpliztik

I hit him by accident with my shield when my "Pro Trigger" for my L2 button fell off and I had to put it back on. Somehow he got stuck on the sword in the bonfire and I managed to kill him. I got Blacksmith's hammer (which is not great) and 1000 souls. I heard that blacksmith has an item that can unlock a certain area and is the only one that can Ascend your weapons. Is this true? Is there any way I can revive him?

MeierTheRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By MeierTheRed

He will be lost forever.

yoshimitz707

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#3  Edited By yoshimitz707

Upgrading your weapons and armor and ascending it is very important. There's more than one blacksmith but each one takes different embers that let them change your weapons in different ways. Don't think you can revive him. And yeah, he had a key to an area in the forest where you can farm 7k in souls in like 1 minute.

Shadowcoust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Shadowcoust

On the bright side, at least you got a 1000 souls..

simpliztik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By simpliztik

Shame. I didn't get that far in the game anyway. I might as well make a new character...... x_x

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By MrKlorox

I hate myself so much. I accidentally attacked him while looking through his menus and had to kill him. Was his only unique feature as a blacksmith the ability to ascend weapons to Divine power that needed green titanite?

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By Sackmanjones
    @yoshimitz707:  Where can you find these embers......
    N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By N7

The better question is WHAT THE HELL IS THAT CRIPPLED SATAN MONSTER DOING RIGHT NEXT TO HIM. HOLY SHIT.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By BabyChooChoo

I read the thread title and just started laughing

Ezkilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Ezkilla

yes he is

MezZa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By MezZa

@N7 said:

The better question is WHAT THE HELL IS THAT CRIPPLED SATAN MONSTER DOING RIGHT NEXT TO HIM. HOLY SHIT.

Everybody needs a pet?

CptBedlam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By CptBedlam

@simpliztik said:

I hit him by accident with my shield when my "Pro Trigger" for my L2 button fell off and I had to put it back on. Somehow he got stuck on the sword in the bonfire and I managed to kill him. I got Blacksmith's hammer (which is not great) and 1000 souls. I heard that blacksmith has an item that can unlock a certain area and is the only one that can Ascend your weapons. Is this true? Is there any way I can revive him?

Here's a hint: If you accidentally hit an important NPC, don't kill him, just run away. You can buy absolution from a certain npc in the game which makes NPCs friendly again but it's hella expensive.

You're not far in and probably better off starting a new game. Be really careful with the NPCs, you can even hit them when you're in the menus, purchasing stuff from them. I often turn around now "behind the menus" when I'm buying stuff.

@MrKlorox said:

...had to kill him.

...the same: you don't have to kill him. Just run away and get ready to farm a crapload of souls to buy absolution.

Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#13  Edited By Shadow

I hit him the other day and had to go grind out 80,000 souls for absolution. Killing him is another way to go I suppose...good luck getting weapons now...seriously

CptBedlam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By CptBedlam

@Shadow said:

I hit him the other day and had to go grind out 80,000 souls for absolution. Killing him is another way to go I suppose...good luck getting weapons now...seriously

Where did you grind and how long did it take you?

I hit the Undead Merchant and it would cost me 62000 souls to become friends again. Thinking about not doing it because the stuff he sold is not that important anymore now.

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#15  Edited By cornbredx

@CptBedlam: That blacksmith is the one that can change weapons to Divine and sells that special key for the Blackroot Garden or whatever its called. If you don't need either of those then I suppose you don't need him, though.

Edit: Misread you post haha- never mind =P

AlKusanagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#16  Edited By AlKusanagi

Was he the only one that could take weapons from +5 to +6? I don't think I've come across another blacksmith that does that either.

spazmaster666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#17  Edited By spazmaster666

He's also the only one who can upgrade normal weapons to +10 or +15 as well as Raw weapons to +5 (and since you need normal weapons +10 in order to upgrade them to unique weapons with boss souls later on in the game, you lose that option as well, unless you plan on doing a bunch of unascending). There are three other blacksmiths in the game (including a magical "blacksmith" in New Londo Ruins). And what he sells is the Crest of Artorias which basically opens up a shortcut. However, it's a shortcut that I think I used about once in the entire game so it's not a big deal IMO.

Nadril

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#18  Edited By Nadril
    @N7 said:

Those things seem to be everywhere after a while by the way. So he's not a unique mob. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.