Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Sep 22, 2011

A quasi-sequel to From Software's action-RPG Demon's Souls, set in a new universe while retaining most of the basic gameplay and the high level of challenge. It features a less-linear world, a new checkpoint system in the form of bonfires, and the unique Humanity system.

Whats the Point of the Princess Guard Covenant?

senorfuzzeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By senorfuzzeh

So I am deciding If I want to go into the blade of darkmoon covenant or the Princess Guard.

I Know that the darkmoon covenant is pretty much a group of assassins, but Whats the point of the princess guard? Do you even do anything in this one?

Also the way of the white doesn't seem too important either.

Any tips?

Avatar image for siroptimusprime
    SirOptimusPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By SirOptimusPrime

I think way of white and the princess guard are for tightening up group play? I think they both get grouped with other members of that covenant.

Oh, and you get access to two really powerful healing miracles I think. I really dunno if anything else is there.

Avatar image for superwristbands
    SuperWristBands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By SuperWristBands

Blade of the Darkmoon. Pretty sure Princess Guard and Way of the White don't do anything. Supposedly Way of the White and Princess Guard covenants let you find other people in the same covenant as you but I barely see anyone online so I have no idea. Also, you get a ring for joining the Princess Guard that increases miracle resonance.

wolf_blitzer85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By wolf_blitzer85

Way of the White helps keep you from being invaded, so it's a nice early game covenant.

Here are the effects of the Princess Guard taken from a Dark Souls wiki:

• Players inside this covenant are matched up much easier from other players in the same covenant during online play.
    • Players are able to use the miracles Soothing Sunlight and Bountiful Sunlight (as stated above) only if they are inside this covenant.

Looks like it just helps match making a bit more for co-op and such. There could be more to it though.

Here's the link if you want to see what the other covenants do.

Edit: Scroll down a bit on the page and on the right side there is a little chat box which is creating all those weird popping noises. You can turn off the sound for that, and then you have a fairly decent wiki to search around on.

senorfuzzeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By senorfuzzeh

@wolf_blitzer85: If I wanted better co-op I'd join the sunlight warriors... Then I can sparkle like That D-bag from twilight!

Alright, I guess I'll be joining the Way of the darkmoon.

To the catacombs, Robin!

Edit: It feels like the only Covenants that have any use are the evil or chaotic ones. Kind of wish they could have done more with the way of white and stuff.

psylah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By psylah

Boobs, bro.

Avatar image for the_hiro_abides
    the_hiro_abides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#7  Edited By the_hiro_abides

Amazing chest ahead

phonics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By phonics

Once you start thinking 'whats the point' Dark Souls becomes not very enjoyable. 80% of the covenants are totally useless

makari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#9  Edited By makari

The covenants are (mostly) glorified options for online play, allowing and catering for what people want from the online experience. One rewards you for helping others, one reduces the chances you'll get ganked, one allows you to more easily participate in player duels, one rewards you for ganking, etc. Participating in the covenants and following their tenants gets you rewarded, and participating in polar opposite activities gets you booted from their benefits. It's definitely an ingenious way of helping people and rewarding people for participating in the different facets of the online play without just simply making a set of options toggles.

McShank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By McShank

@Phonics said:

Once you start thinking 'whats the point' Dark Souls becomes not very enjoyable. 80% of the covenants are totally useless

each and every covenant has a purpose weither it be helping with co-op, pvp, or just helping in the game like shortcuts (chaos covenant). But none of them are useless as each has its own ups and downs for certain things, and most of them always have some item / spell to give.

phonics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#11  Edited By phonics

@McShank said:

@Phonics said:

each and every covenant has a purpose weither it be helping with co-op, pvp, or just helping in the game like shortcuts (chaos covenant). But none of them are useless as each has its own ups and downs for certain things, and most of them always have some item / spell to give.

Yeah some covenants give you a reward or two and then what. The game is easy as it is so I don't understand the appeal of co-op. Gravelord is 100% broken and does not work, Dragon Covenant is gimmicky and no one will touch your sign to duel you, Way of The White is just what, Princess Guard gives you acces to 2 useless miracles, Chaos Servant is nothing but donating humanity until you get all the spells. The only covenants worth a damn are Darkwraiths and Darkmoon since they actually work and improve your gameplay experience. Forest Covenant is stupid because you can just fight VS level 50 characters with your glitched max level.

Don't get me wrong I love the game and have put over 200 hours into it but the covenant system is not as awesome and deep than it might seem if someone just told you about it. Once you get each covenants rewards theres just no point to being anything but Darkwraith or Darkmoon.

senorfuzzeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By senorfuzzeh

@Phonics: Holy crap 200 hours? I think I've got like 50...

@The_Hiro_Abides: I laughed.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.