Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Sep 22, 2011

A quasi-sequel to From Software's action-RPG Demon's Souls, set in a new universe while retaining most of the basic gameplay and the high level of challenge. It features a less-linear world, a new checkpoint system in the form of bonfires, and the unique Humanity system.

White Sign Waiting

jtman54179

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By jtman54179

So I wanted to start getting more Humanity as I lost about 4 early on in game and hadn't seen anymore until yesterday. I finally picked one up randomly and used it to turn human. Now I'm waiting by Tartarus' entrance with my summon sign for someone to invite me. But its been about 15 minutes so far. Should I go some place else? Is there more demand for summoning later on?

NekuCTR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By NekuCTR

I'm not advocating not helping people online, but there are better ways to grind humanity. Namely the sewers, there is a bonfire next to a ton of rats that drop humanity about 5% of the time. Later in Sens castle you can get a ring that boosts your drop rate from 100 with 0 humanity to 300 with 0. meaning you get a 15% drop rate with well over 8 rats. You almost have to get one every run.

jtman54179

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By jtman54179

Haven't reached the sewers yet. Been really anxious about not screwing up so I pretty much stopped past the boar. Guess Ill wait a bit more then man up and move forward.

NekuCTR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By NekuCTR

The sewers are a ways off, I would suggest getting at least 2 humanity by the time you get to the church-y place. This is so that you can kindle that bonfire, the most important one in the game in my opinion. besides that humanity isn't rally necessary.

Avatar image for superwristbands
    SuperWristBands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By SuperWristBands

I'm just trying to help people with the Ornstein boss fight atm because it was a brick wall I smashed my head against for so long... no one is seeing my sign though. Not a huge fan of the way online works this time around.

Avatar image for lordxavierbritish
    LordXavierBritish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By LordXavierBritish

Online is fucked with the new lobby system, everyone has been complaining about not being able to be summoned or invade other players worlds because of how the new p2p system works.

I have both a soul sign down outside S&O and the Cat Ring on and I'm lucky to get a match in either after 15 minutes of waiting.

ImperiousRix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By ImperiousRix

I was wondering about summoning, myself. I've put my Soul Sign down at the entrance of the Bell Gargoyle boss fight hoping to help some duders out, but I can't go too far away from it before the damn sign disappears. How far CAN I go before it'll fade away? Because whilst I don't mind waiting for a few minutes to see if somebody pops by, I thought the point was that I could put the sign down and go on questing and be summoned later...

Floppypants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#8  Edited By Floppypants
    @ImperiousRix said:

I was wondering about summoning, myself. I've put my Soul Sign down at the entrance of the Bell Gargoyle boss fight hoping to help some duders out, but I can't go too far away from it before the damn sign disappears. How far CAN I go before it'll fade away? Because whilst I don't mind waiting for a few minutes to see if somebody pops by, I thought the point was that I could put the sign down and go on questing and be summoned later...

You have to stay in the same zone as your sign.  If you drop your sign in the Undead Parish, you can't leave the Undead Parish.  It's lame and it makes people sit around twiddling their thumbs. 

@SuperWristBands said:

I'm just trying to help people with the Ornstein boss fight atm because it was a brick wall I smashed my head against for so long... no one is seeing my sign though. Not a huge fan of the way online works this time around.

I wasted a lot of time trying to help people with Ornstein and Smough myself.  I had an invader kill me the first time I went Human for help with this boss fight, and I had two hosts killed by invaders.  I only made it to the boss once with a host, and in that fight my co-op buddies were terrible at the fight and died quickly.  After an absurd amount of practice, I finally killed the two solo, Ornstein second.
    SuperWristBands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By SuperWristBands

@Floppypants said:

After an absurd amount of practice, I finally killed the two solo, Ornstein second.

I spent a dumb amount of time trying to beat this guy and eventually Megazord Ornstein glitched through a window and after about 5 minutes of nothing, he died. I help people because I wish I could have had some help. No signs would ever show up when I went human and that NPC only helps for the first part, and even then, he isn't much use.

Floppypants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Floppypants
    @SuperWristBands: I only managed to kill Megazord Ornstein with my longbow.  By positioning myself in the right position behind a broken pillar, I could shoot him with my bow while his lightning bolts hit the pillar.  It was cheese, but that's how you beat Dark Souls.
    SuperWristBands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By SuperWristBands

@Floppypants said:

@SuperWristBands: I only managed to kill Megazord Ornstein with my longbow. By positioning myself in the right position behind a broken pillar, I could shoot him with my bow while his lightning bolts hit the pillar. It was cheese, but that's how you beat Dark Souls.

God damn it. I didn't even think to use a bow. Maybe that is what I will do when I try a different character. What arrows did you use?

Itwastuesday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By Itwastuesday

You're waiting to be summoned. What do YOU do to fight back the black phantoms of boredom? Due to my particular media setup, I unfortunately cannot access the internet while the game is up, I can't get game audio while I'm using my computer and if I get summoned I will be totally unaware. I usually feather the LB button just ever so slightly so that my guy constantly raises and lowers my shield as fast as possible, while running around in circles!

McShank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By McShank

You cannot summon for the first boss as you do not get the sign till after it. You also must be within 10% of their level to be summoned in, so you cannot be level 66 like me and hope to be summoned for quelaag unless someone is extremely dedicated to farming. Hell, its hard for me to get my sign summoned in sens fortress as i hit that place in my 60's..

Floppypants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Floppypants
    @SuperWristBands: I just used Standard Arrows with +10 Longbow.
    Mars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Mars

I've only put one summons sign down and I was summoned within seconds. I didn't even have time to move out of the area.

Avatar image for superfluousmoniker
    SuperfluousMoniker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

I have had no problems being summoned into other people's games whenever I've tried, but summoning people into mine has been hit or miss.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.