Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Sep 22, 2011

A quasi-sequel to From Software's action-RPG Demon's Souls, set in a new universe while retaining most of the basic gameplay and the high level of challenge. It features a less-linear world, a new checkpoint system in the form of bonfires, and the unique Humanity system.

Yet another beginner question

Avatar image for thehermaeusmora
    TheHermaeusMora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By TheHermaeusMora

when i started the game i went down the steps to fight the ghosts but kept dying so i dont have any of the first 4 transient curse stones you get while down there so am i screwed now for that area or can i get some somewhere else and if so where at but with as little spoilers as possible thanks

ahab88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By ahab88

At the Firelink shrine that you begin at, head up the stairs on the right side.

EmptyApartment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By EmptyApartment

Yeah you shouldn't be in that lower area with the ghosts until later on but you will eventually find a merchant that will sell transient curses...but like ahab said you want to go up the stairs on the right to begin and get to the Undead Berg, that is the 1st area you should try and progress through.

TheHermaeusMora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By TheHermaeusMora

ive been through all that area ive even beaten the gargolye but is there somewhere to get more ranisient curse stones cuz i cant get past those ghosts until i have those curse stones

ahab88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By ahab88

I just killed the Gargoyles before work this morning, so I'll probably be in the same boat as you shortly.

EmptyApartment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By EmptyApartment

After going through the church and beating the gargoyles, you can head down to the sewers and make your way through that area. There is a merchant (female undead merchant) thats before you enter the church that sells the transient curses (4k souls). Like i said above tho, you can make your way through the sewers, then maybe blighttown (to eventually ring 2nd bell) or the forest area. I went through a lot of areas before I made my way down to the Londo Ruins (ghost area).

jozzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By jozzy

Aparently you can also kill the ghosts if you are cursed, but you'll be doing it at half health.

strainedeyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By strainedeyes

@TheHermaeusMora said:

ive been through all that area ive even beaten the gargolye but is there somewhere to get more ranisient curse stones cuz i cant get past those ghosts until i have those curse stones

The Ruins with the ghosts is still not really where you should be going after ringing the first bell. Head down to The Depths and then to Blight Town first.

TheHermaeusMora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By TheHermaeusMora

@EmptyApartment: ok cool thanks, so since im not supposed to go that way for th second bell whee am i supposed to go? i hear a lot of people talking about some underground place and ive been there but when i go there it feels like im going throuh the area the wrong. is this the right way to go or am i goin in some rwndom direction? (i found a key and am now on the other side of the valley drakes which is very buggy with those blue dragons[dragons are buggy not thegame or arae]

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.