Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Darkest Dungeon

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Jan 19, 2016

A dungeon crawler that seeks to weigh the psychological effects of delving into hellish monster abodes, not just the damage to HP. Team chemistry means more than just skill synergy.

What the most efficient, Death or Abandonment?

BirthWild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Should I be pushing my guys till they die in a dungeon or should I try my hardest to just keep them all alive the best I can? Like I know if I try to go for that last room I'll lose either all of them or 2 or 3, should I just leave the dungeon or should I just let them try and die.

What's the most efficient?

Ravelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I rarely run from battle, the only time I run is if I have high level dudes on the brink of dying. Other than that I usually keep fighting until the end, even when you finish with just one dude, you will get the money and loot and experience and the money you spend on provisions isn't wasted.

Ares42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Ares42

The most important part is getting the gold and loot, so unless you're running with people you've spent a lot of gold levelling up you might as well go as far as you can without completely wiping.

gaminghooligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

Go until you have one or two guys left and then abandon. Also if you complete a quest and aren't wrecked go ahead and explore the rest of the rooms. Gold and items are more valuable than men.

CakeTeleporter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

If the character is level one or two, even if you get the cost reduction upgrade upgrades, those characters may well represent up to 9000 gold in upgrades later on in the game the number of short apprentice missions are scarce and it's much easier to take on a medium apprenice mission or any warrens mission with at least everyone at level 1 especially given how bad vestals are at level 0..

Seikenfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I try to keep people alive. I don't know if that is the most efficient but it seems to be in the spirit of the game. I've lost 3 people so far and think Im around week 15 or something.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By BisonHero

@caketeleporter said:

If the character is level one or two, even if you get the cost reduction upgrade upgrades, those characters may well represent up to 9000 gold in upgrades later on in the game the number of short apprentice missions are scarce and it's much easier to take on a medium apprenice mission or any warrens mission with at least everyone at level 1 especially given how bad vestals are at level 0..

I don't understand what you're trying to say. Sorry if English isn't your first language or it was really late at night when you wrote your post.

• "If the character is level one or two", then what? What is the consequence or recommended course of action if they are in that level range? Your later sentences don't seem to be related to this initial phrase.
    • "even if you get the cost reduction upgrade upgrades, those characters may well represent up to 9000 gold in upgrades later on in the game". OK, yes, each character potentially takes thousands of gold to max out. That is a true fact. I don't know that I'd call it a tip related to what the OP is asking about.
    • "the number of short apprentice missions are scarce and it's much easier to take on a medium apprenice mission or any warrens mission with at least everyone at level 1 especially given how bad vestals are at level 0.." This is a super long sentence, though I guess you're saying that you don't recommend tackling medium length missions or any missions in the Warrens until your party is mostly level 1 instead of level 0? Yeah, that's probably good advice, though I don't think it really relates to what the OP is asking about. Also characters don't get that much better at level 1, they mostly just resist stress better. Vestals can be fine at level 0 as long as you immediately buy the ability upgrades for their healing spells so that their healing spells are more effective.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.