Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Darksiders II

Game » consists of 30 releases. Released Aug 14, 2012

Players return to the post-Apocalypse in the sequel to 2010's Darksiders, this time as former protagonist War's fellow Horseman of the Apocalypse, Death, the pale rider, who seeks to resurrect Humanity to clear his brother's good name.

Not far, but does this game get better?

Avatar image for thehuntsmen5434
    thehuntsmen5434

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By thehuntsmen5434

I finally found time to play some Darksiders II after completing Dark Souls PC and I'm about 4-5 hours in. So far it's kind of boring. The combat is fun, but the enemies are few and far between, too easy, and you can be pretty cheap to defeat them if you want. All I have acquired is the makers key for the constructs which I assume is a puzzle element. Does the game pick up as you go? Right now the world feels kinda bland, and the loot system doesn't add a whole lot. I feel like there is so much potential just waiting to happen.

iGooner7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By iGooner7

Yes mate, it will be more fun ahead. The beginning is awful!

Puzzles all the same, enemies are easy, blah blah blah

Just continue and it will be more fun

Avatar image for thehuntsmen5434
    thehuntsmen5434

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3  Edited By thehuntsmen5434

@iGooner7 said:

Nice, I will push forward then. I loved the first one a lot, so i'll give the makers more faith.

iGooner7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By iGooner7

@thehuntsmen5434: Great. Do like how i did. Just ignore the fact that its boring and just play

spankingaddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 12

#5  Edited By spankingaddict

Yes , It gets better . But then it gets blah again later on . It's alright but disappointing .

PillClinton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By PillClinton

@iGooner7 said:

@thehuntsmen5434: Great. Do like how i did. Just ignore the fact that its boring and just play

Ha, I guess I just realized that's kinda how I'm playing it too.

I also agree with Patrick's sentiment on the Bombcast that the whole first world is boring as shit and too long and drawn out, but it picks up steam in the second world. They should've cut a good 1-2 hours from that first world. It started suffering from Castlevania: Lords of Shadow syndrome at some point.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#7  Edited By Yummylee

@PillClinton said:

@iGooner7 said:

I also agree with Patrick's sentiment on the Bombcast that the whole first world is boring as shit and too long and drawn out, but it picks up steam in the second world.

But then it all becomes boring as shit again because the Kingdom of the Dead is also too long and drawn out =( Definitely some pacing issues going on, because the 3rd and 4th 'worlds', if you can even call em that since they're each basically just one dungeon, are also far too short.

stryker1121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By stryker1121

@PillClinton said:

@iGooner7 said:

I also agree with Patrick's sentiment on the Bombcast that the whole first world is boring as shit and too long and drawn out, but it picks up steam in the second world. They should've cut a good 1-2 hours from that first world. It started suffering from Castlevania: Lords of Shadow syndrome at some point.

C:LoS is a good comparison to DS2. Like the latest Castlevania this game has some fat that could have used trimming. And like this Castlevania, the bloated nature of DS2 doesn't take away from what at it's core is a good, solid game.

Mind, there's a really boring bit much later on from where you're at that thankfully lasts only 30-40 mins (and feels like forever) but picks up nicely after that. Also, OP, play on apoc difficulty to ramp up the challenge.

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
    colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By colourful_hippie

@Yummylee said:

@PillClinton said:

@iGooner7 said:

I also agree with Patrick's sentiment on the Bombcast that the whole first world is boring as shit and too long and drawn out, but it picks up steam in the second world.

But then it all becomes boring as shit again because the Kingdom of the Dead is also too long and drawn out =( Definitely some pacing issues going on, because the 3rd and 4th 'worlds', if you can even call em that since they're each basically just one dungeon, are also far too short.

Looking back at that game I'm becoming more bummed out mainly because I was looking for more Darksiders 1. At least the combat in 2 is better.

PillClinton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By PillClinton

@Colourful_Hippie: Agreed. I actually stopped playing shortly after writing that comment up there, somewhere in the middle of the Kingdom of the Dead. Real bummer, as I really had high expectations, not to mention paid full price... :\ Maybe I'll dive back in at some point, but it's doubtful, and I never enjoy jumping back into the middle of a game after taking a long break.

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
    colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By colourful_hippie

@PillClinton: I was going to write off the game as being OK but then the ending happened. All that ending did was remind me how great the first game ended and that's it. Basically nothing big happens. Ugh, what a huge let down. I honestly have no idea what to expect in a future Darksiders game if there ever will be one.

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By mordukai

@iGooner7 said:

When? I've reach The Lord Of Bones and I'm still waiting for the game to kick in.

CheapPoison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By CheapPoison

It never gets amazing though.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.