Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Darksiders II

Game » consists of 30 releases. Released Aug 14, 2012

Players return to the post-Apocalypse in the sequel to 2010's Darksiders, this time as former protagonist War's fellow Horseman of the Apocalypse, Death, the pale rider, who seeks to resurrect Humanity to clear his brother's good name.

PC Impressions

• 187 results
    Avatar image for deactivated-57beb9d651361
    deactivated-57beb9d651361

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

@SamStrife said:

@JoeyRavn: @Tennmuerti: Spotflux would help you guys out a lot.

Don't Steam ban your account if they think you're up to shenanigans?

Ie. If you unlock the game early in the EU, won't they ban you?

Secondly, how do I unlock it early? Because I am a risktaker.

JoeyRavn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#102  Edited By JoeyRavn

Some people surely take their PC gaming seriously. I love my PC, but I wouldn't ever reach the levels of rage this guy has:

Buddy, I'm so disappointed now I can't even take a second look at it... just seeing that thing on my Steam account sends waves of hatred and betrayal into my heart... all those weeks of heralding support for the game and spending over $100 into it... all for this... i really love to be on fire for the game and then be able to tell the whole world on release day how great it is and to be able to do a quick combo video so other people can be convinced to buy it too... but now, I feel I need a therapist to help with my emotional scars...
    Man, I even took a MONTH off work for this bullshit!!!
    If VG really wants to make amends for this and keep our faith, they should:
    1. Release unlock key for all versions across the board around the world
    2. Work on a patch for the major issues listed in the problems threads ASAP.

From the THQ Darksiders II forums, I might add. I don't think this guy is being sarcastic or anything. Taking a month off from work to play a game? O... K...

Edit: This one's great too.

I think most of the problems are because of Steam. Anyone got a retail version that's having problems? lol Wait, that's right, no one has a retail version yet because they got shipped out late.

VSync not working with AMD cards? Not many graphic options to chose from? Mouse and keyboard not very easy to use in combat? Blame Steam.

maginnovision

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#103  Edited By maginnovision

@Drakoji: I said mainly been playing consoles. I also said that because it's true. Since practice makes perfect it is what it is, I don't practice, I don't get good at it.

Zurv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#104  Edited By Zurv

shadows are super painful.

game is really fun :)

if you wanna see the game at 2560x1600... http://youtu.be/mZ6eAd5M35g

yes, it is slow at the start but gets moving after the first hour. GET IT! (and play it with the 360 controller)

AssInAss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By AssInAss

Sad to hear it's just a console port. Oh well.

Caliginous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#106  Edited By Caliginous

@mosdl: Good to know. Downloading it tonight! Thanks!

fetchfox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By fetchfox

@Artemesia: Oh, why not? Was hoping to do that as well.

kishinfoulux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By kishinfoulux

Have there been many issues or glitches? Was reading something about that earlier.

Avatar image for captain_clayman
    captain_clayman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By captain_clayman

still looks better than xbox version.

Cataphract1014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#110  Edited By Cataphract1014

Stopping and staring at the textures makes them look bad, but I think the game looks great in motion with 60+ FPS the whole time. My only real beef is that there is not FOV setting. I like playing at 85 FOV and this game is probably the standard 60 or 70 FOV of console games. Makes my eyes hurt a bit.

mosdl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#111  Edited By mosdl

@captain_clayman said:

still looks better than xbox version.

More importantly it has a better framerate :)

Driadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#112  Edited By Driadon

Man, after putting in a few more hours, I really have to hand it to their technical team. While most of the general assets are lower res, the shaders in this game are top fucking notch; everything really pops in an amazing way.

MrOldboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By MrOldboy

I just installed this after much anticipation anddddddd...WTF!. I get VSYNC on a $50 PC game released in 2012. Is this a joke? The version to get huh. I guess its technically better than the console versions, but my PC cost twice as much to build, I want to fucking use it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Plus not even an INI file that apparently the devs said would be in the final game. Man why do we take this kind of shit so regularly?

Sucks some fat ass that gamers cant demand refunds on mis-advertised and sometimes faulty non working games. From reading some posts on the official forums it seems like the devs or publisher just straight up lied to the community about a feature (graphical settings via ini file) Shouldn't that be grounds for a refund? I hope THQ at least gives preorders the season pass as a peace offering.

@SamStrife: I'll try to see if these settings make it look better. So far seems like a 1080p version of the 360 version, without the framerate issues of course

indieslaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By indieslaw

I'm getting a little delay anytime something has to pop up... a dialog box, a menu, a tooltip, anything like that. Once it hung coming back from the options menu. But in game, it mostly looks good.

Even

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By Even

@mosdl said:

First real annoyance - as you can see from the above screenshot, the loot icons and other parts of the UI aren't very high res (this is at 1920x1200) and show up pixelated. Still, loooooooot!

Seconded! I brought up the inventory screen at 1920 and went "Ugh!" I want to see my awesome loot, but everything is all blurry. The rest of the game is purdy, so it's not a big deal.

JoeyRavn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By JoeyRavn

@MrOldboy said:

I just installed this after much anticipation anddddddd...WTF!. I get VSYNC on a $50 PC game released in 2012. Is this a joke? The version to get huh. I guess its technically better than the console versions, but my PC cost twice as much to build, I want to fucking use it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Plus not even an INI file that apparently the devs said would be in the final game. Man why do we take this kind of shit so regularly?

Sucks some fat ass that gamers cant demand refunds on mis-advertised and sometimes faulty non working games. From reading some posts on the official forums it seems like the devs or publisher just straight up lied to the community about a feature (graphical settings via ini file) Shouldn't that be grounds for a refund? I hope THQ at least gives preorders the season pass as a peace offering.

I don't understand what you mean that you "get VSYNC on a $50 PC game released in 2012". What does "to get VSYNC" mean?

Apart from that, come on, don't act so entitled. No one in his right mind would expect Darksiders II (or any console port) to "fucking use" his top-notch PC. I understand the sentiment, though. We pay more for our hardware, so we expect to get more in return. But I think that in this case you're looking for retribution in the wrong place. The game is functional as it is right now, despite the bugs and the lack of PC-specific options. Getting up in arms and asking for a refund is completely nuts, dude. Asking for the whole Season Pass as compensation is even worse. But if it makes you feel better, go ahead and do it. More power to you if you manage to get your money back.

You answered yourself: why do we take this kind of shit regularly? Because we keep buying their games. Any developer can and will promise anything to get you to buy their game. The only way to make sure not to fall for their lies is to wait a couple of days after the game's been released to buy the game. That way you'll know what to expect and you can make a more educated decision on your purchase.

emem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#117  Edited By emem
    @JoeyRavn said: 

I don't understand what you mean that you "get VSYNC on a $50 PC game released in 2012". What does "to get VSYNC" mean?

I hope it's not contagious.
    altairre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By altairre

Apart from a few technical issues Darksiders II is freaking amazing. So far my second favorite game of the year just behind Mass Effect 3.

MrOldboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By MrOldboy

@JoeyRavn: By get Vsync, I was being sarcastic as its the only graphical option you get in the game other than gamma and resolution.

For $50, we should feel entitled. Entitled to a product that is produced for sale.

The devs promised a feature that is not in the game, that is the same as ordering a burger with bacon and not getting the bacon. Wouldn't you be a little pissed and ask the restaurant to give you the bacon you ordered or will be charged for? You expected the bacon like customers of THQ expected to change the graphical settings, even if they had to go through an ini file. That's on a $7 burger, this is a $50 digital video game where purchasers have no rights for a refund or any legitimate customer service.

We cant go and ask THQ to give us the ini file they promised directly like the bacon, all we can hope is to bitch on the official forums and hope they add one in. That is my complaint, there is no such thing as a refund on digital video game purchases. Only in extreme cases has this happened.

On the official forums there is a post by a community manager apologizing saying they "HOPE" to fix the issues in a patch. HOPE? Not put in the feature that you promised would be in the game?

There is a limit to the "dont be so entitled" argument, on disc DLC you knew about before purchasing the game, Mass Effect 3's ending (game content, not missing features) When a game is missing something you expected, as in it was explicitly spelled out as so, or is broken at launch (Diablo 3), why shouldn't we feel entitled to the product we expected? We handed over a fairly large sum of money for these PRODUCTS, why not expect the PRODUCT we were told would be so?

p.s. The Vsync option, the only major one we got in the game doesn't even work for a lot of users, myself included. Vertical tearing up the ass over here.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#120  Edited By Seppli

So, technical issues and bugs aside, most seem to love the game. Can't wait for it to unlock on Steam in an hour and a half. Albeit it will be a short playsession - I want to bake in the sun and soak in the water and read a good book - tomorrow's going to sport nigh flawless weather. Guess there are way worse incentives to play less though.

Carpe Diem

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#121  Edited By BeachThunder

@emem said:

@JoeyRavn said:

I hope it's not contagious.

I thought only girls could get Vsync :o

indieslaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By indieslaw

@Seppli said:

So, technical issues and bugs aside, most seem to love the game. Can't wait for it to unlock on Steam in an hour and a half. Albeit it will be a short playsession - I want to bake in the sun and soak in the water and read a good book - tomorrow's going to sport nigh flawless weather. Guess there are way worse incentives to play less though.

Carpe Diem

Seppli has given us all an object lesson in priorities. #Like.

JoeyRavn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By JoeyRavn

@MrOldboy: First of all, enable VSync through your GPU's control panel (CCC for AMD, Control Panel for NVIDIA). That should fix all the tearing and overheating in most cases. You should have it on for all games by default, though. There's little point in playing without VSync if your GPU is capable of maxing the games you play.

That said... I get where you're coming from, but I still feel people are making a mountain out of a molehill. Your analogy of the burger with bacon is not appropriate for this case: when you order a burger with bacon, the bacon is a feature that "makes" the burger. It's not a cheeseburger, it's not a veggie burger: it's a burger with bacon. Without the bacon, the burger would be incomplete. That's not the case of Darksiders II. The game is fully operational without that ini file. You can play the game to completion without it, the game is not "broken". These visual options don't make the game. If you want to keep your hamburger analogy, the ini file would be ketchup. You can add ketchup to a burger to give it more taste, make it more appealing, but it doesn't "make or break" the burger itself. Or are you telling me that you can't play a game on PC unless it has SSAO and Direct X 11 features? I totally understand that we, as PC players, may want to get the best out of our more-expensive hardware... but I also have to admit that the game works fine in the state it was shipped (bugs aside, I mean). It doesn't have "advance" PC features? Well, tough luck.

Developers keep making promises all the time. Again, the only way to stop them from breaking the promises they made is to stop buying their games. Some people have gotten a refund from Steam for this game, so if you feel so strongly about the lack of graphic options, I encourage you to ask for your money back. I, for one, can't wait for my game to get unlocked next week :)

@Seppli said:

Carpe Diem

An hour an a half? Where are you that it unlocks on the 17th? I'm in Europe and I'll have to wait until the 20th or 21st :(

Also, I think you meant "YOLO", right?

altairre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By altairre

Small hint for everyone playing through it (on normal): Try to do the optional bosses as early as possible for it is more challenging and fun if you go into those fights slightly underleveled (I did the fallen king dude at lvl 13 and that fight was a blast).

MrOldboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By MrOldboy

@JoeyRavn: To many PC gamers, not being able to change graphical settings is exactly like how you described the bacon burger. The game feels incomplete without it, especially since the community expected it to be there. The PC version as it is now feels very incomplete. It feels like the console versions. That is not why PC gamers keep playing and supported PC versions of games.

I cranked everything up via nvidia control panel. Not sure if there is much effect in game yet. Vsync works as my fps are now locked at 60, but there is still some tearing when moving the camera fast.

SSAO, directx 11, no I dont need those for the game to feel complete.

What I need though are AA options, an FOV setting for those who get motion sick or eyes hurt, changing the resolution without having to close and restart the entire game, you cant even change the res before you start the game. I had to run around for a minute, decide WTF this looks like ass. Go to the settings, see nothing, change to 1920x1080. What, I have to restart the whole game. Ughh These aren't "advanced" features, they are standard on nearly every PC release, there are exceptions, but those feel similar to this. Although in this case it was expected to be there.

How can we stop buying the games, when we dont know what features they left out until you buy the game? I wish I knew ahead of time there would be no way to tweak the settings, as well as the other issues people are having which I've yet to have. A customer shouldn't have to dig through forums to find out that they left out a key feature for PC gamers. I preordered the game so I was already in before I found out it was missing.

But, when its said and done, you're right. The game functions, at least as well as the console versions from what I've played. So THQ/Vigil really has nothing more to give us. But from a customer perspective, that sucks. Really sucks. We support these devs and a publisher nearly on its death bed with our money and get half assed efforts.

From the people I've spoken to they all are leaning towards piracy. Mainly because the rest of world (ROW) release is a week after the NA one. THQ is just shooting themselves in the foot by releasing a half-assed PC version day-and-date with the console versions and the delayed ROW release. Sleeping Dogs however seems to be getting a strong following on PC.

P.S. The game is great, I honestly love what the final game turned out to be. But I wish I could tweak the settings and max out my machine like I do with every other PC game I buy.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am certain that this is purely down to my being dim-witted, but how on earth do you actually exit to desktop?

The in-game 'quit' button takes me back to the splash screen, and from there the only option is to press start (which takes me straight to the load previous save menu).

Granted, I only played it for about 10 minutes this morning (and even then only to past the opening cut-scene), but I was forced to alt-tab out and close it via taskbar.

JoeyRavn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By JoeyRavn

@MrOldboy: Yeah, I get you mean. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have all my PC games with a plethora of options to tweak the game's graphics and performance to my liking... But I also know when to expect that. Sadly, we live in a world where consoles come first and developers seldom walk the extra mile needed to give PC players all those options. I've come to lower my expectations about console ports: if having the recommended hardware I can play it at 60FPS at 1920x1080, then I'm satisfied. If they have extra options to tweak, better yet, but I try to be realistic and moderate my expecatations. That being said, if something like The Witcher 2 or Civilization V didn't have PC-specific options being PC-developed games... that would be a reason for outcry.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#128  Edited By Tennmuerti

@altairre said:

Small hint for everyone playing through it (on normal): Try to do the optional bosses as early as possible for it is more challenging and fun if you go into those fights slightly underleveled (I did the fallen king dude at lvl 13 and that fight was a blast).

13? nice dude

I was 15 when I killed him, it was a fun fight

his mace is like lvl 20 andhas a chance to freeze dudes in place, too bad i use the secondary weapon just as a stat stick.

@GetEveryone: It's only because you don't have a proper save yet, if you are just past the opening cinematic. When you load that save slot again the game will asume you have not started yet and play that cinematic again.

Once you actually start playing the Quit option will dump you to a menu with a quit to desktop option. It's probably because that menu uses your save to showcase Death standing in the area you are currently in.

altairre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By altairre

@Tennmuerti said:

@altairre said:

13? nice dude

his mace is like lvl 20 andhas a chance to freeze dudes in place, too bad i use the secondary weapon just as a stat stick.

Yeah, I wish the secondary weapons were more useful. I attack with them to get a little more variety from the combat but bosses are scythe only. I found the lair of the fallen king when I first entered the dead kingdom and wanted to see if I could even get to him at my level and was suprised that I was able to beat him. To be fair, the posessed scythes I currently use are slightly overpowered (lvl 10 but still better than anything I find now at lvl 15) and since I also put all my skillpoints into the rage skill I fucked him up pretty bad. Only died once because I'm like Vinny and never use anything (might need it later, so I died with five potions in my inventory).

This game is so much fun and I think I'm going to need a little more time than Jeff's 22 hours since I did every sidequest and explored the shit out of the areas I've been in so far. I still wish I could upgrade that scythe the flaming bat boss drops because it's cool looking but the stats are just too bad.

mosdl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By mosdl

@altairre said:

@Tennmuerti said:

@altairre said:

13? nice dude

Yeah, I wish the secondary weapons were more useful. I attack with them to get a little more variety from the combat but bosses are scythe only. I found the lair of the fallen king when I first entered the dead kingdom and wanted to see if I could even get to him at my level and was suprised that I was able to beat him. To be fair, the posessed scythes I currently use are slightly overpowered (lvl 10 but still better than anything I find now at lvl 15) and since I also put all my skillpoints into the rage skill I fucked him up pretty bad. Only died once because I'm like Vinny and never use anything (might need it later, so I died with five potions in my inventory).

This game is so much fun and I think I'm going to need a little more time than Jeff's 22 hours since I did every sidequest and explored the shit out of the areas I've been in so far. I still wish I could upgrade that scythe the flaming bat boss drops because it's cool looking but the stats are just too bad.

I find the secondary weapons to work great on bosses.

Avatar image for farbelowaverage
    Farbelowaverage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By Farbelowaverage

Reading the comments here and hearing Jeff's comments about the Secondary weapons make me feel like a bit of an outsider: I use the slow secondary weapons as much, if not more than my scythes. Slow weapons will net you 1.5k charged hits really early in the game, a couple goes with that turns most minibosses into paste.

Also, while it seems like such a simple idea *after* having seen it, I was really impressed by the main menu being rendered off of the save file, and the immediate pop-in after selecting "Continue Game." Makes me hope some other developers steal that idea. I know that the menu's a fake out, because you're loading when you choose the save file in the previous screen; but it just feels so damn snappy when you click the button, and it looks fantastic.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#132  Edited By Tennmuerti

@mosdl: Oh i'm not saying they are useless, they are quite good (i used them a lot during the first half of the game), but as a min maxer myself it's far more efficient to just use them as a stat stick to boost your basic Scythes, i was rolling in possessed gear during the game, must have had 30+ pieces so always had possesed scythes to do massive dmg and health leach and secondary for stats mainly. Especially after you get the spinning air move like War had in the first game, it just destroys big enemies much faster then secondary weapons ever could. (i'm playng a crit heavy Harbinger)

@Farbelowaverage: Nah, I used heavy weapons for a long time they are great, hate the fast secondary weapons see no point to them when you can just use scythes.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By BeachThunder

So far, the game's crashed on me 4 times; any one else getting crashes?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Tennmuerti said:

@GetEveryone: It's only because you don't have a proper save yet, if you are just past the opening cinematic. When you load that save slot again the game will asume you have not started yet and play that cinematic again.

Once you actually start playing the Quit option will dump you to a menu with a quit to desktop option. It's probably because that menu uses your save to showcase Death standing in the area you are currently in.

Yeah, I got home and had a brief go. Obviously hadn't even saved by the point I'd originally quit at.

Weirded me out, though. I'd heard things about it being an iffy port, but I was like "No quit button? Really?".

monetarydread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By monetarydread

@GetEveryone said:

@Tennmuerti said:

Yeah, I got home and had a brief go. Obviously hadn't even saved by the point I'd originally quit at.

Weirded me out, though. I'd heard things about it being an iffy port, but I was like "No quit button? Really?".

If you are ever stuck in a spot where you can't exit a game just remember the hotkey "Alt+F4." This automatically quits out of any program and brings you to the desktop. Unfortunately, after playing Resident Evil 4 on PC (the worst PC port in history) the "No quit button," is a reality that actually exists.

altairre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By altairre

Another thing that bums me out is that the guardian bossfight soundtrack is not part of the OST.

mrcraggle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By mrcraggle

Kind of weird how this does so little in its PC port yet Sleeping Dogs goes so far. I really liked the first DarkSiders but I think I'm more pumped for SD because of the extra care going into the PC version. Maybe THQs financial woes are to blame.

mosdl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By mosdl

@mrcraggle said:

Kind of weird how this does so little in its PC port yet Sleeping Dogs goes so far. I really liked the first DarkSiders but I think I'm more pumped for SD because of the extra care going into the PC version. Maybe THQs financial woes are to blame.

Seems to be what Vigil is saying happened (link)

MrOldboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By MrOldboy

So has there been any more developments on ways to improve the game visually?

I cranked up the settings on Nvidia control panel and did a hex edit to make the shadows a bit better (I honestly can barely tell the difference), posted on the official forums http://community.darksiders.com/go/thread/view/138731/29318841/(PC)_Found_a_way_to_improve_shadows_slightly_(takes_a_bit_of_fiddling_around)&post_num=2

There are things I am noticing that are really bothering me that cant be fixed with any graphical fixes or improvements.

The death avatar on the inventory screen looks really low res, I mean really low res (not sure if this is a bug or how it is for everyone)

Shadows are sooooo bad and the draw distance is disgusting. I cant stop looking at them pop in as the draw distance is maybe 3 meters from Death. There's also a weird line in where the shadows go from really low res to low res.

I really hope they fix the PC version to be what it has potential to be. But by then their loyal fans will have finished the game already since the game is still worth playing, but the lost potential hurts.

amir90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By amir90

After reading this thread, seems I just rather buy the console version.

I thought Darksiders 1 had a great pc version.

mosdl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By mosdl

@JoeyRavn said:

@MrOldboy: Yeah, I get you mean. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have all my PC games with a plethora of options to tweak the game's graphics and performance to my liking... But I also know when to expect that. Sadly, we live in a world where consoles come first and developers seldom walk the extra mile needed to give PC players all those options. I've come to lower my expectations about console ports: if having the recommended hardware I can play it at 60FPS at 1920x1080, then I'm satisfied. If they have extra options to tweak, better yet, but I try to be realistic and moderate my expecatations. That being said, if something like The Witcher 2 or Civilization V didn't have PC-specific options being PC-developed games... that would be a reason for outcry.

Witcher 2 doesn't have a FOV slider!

phrosnite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142  Edited By phrosnite

@amir90 said:

After reading this thread, seems I just rather buy the console version.

I thought Darksiders 1 had a great pc version.

Yeah, I don't know why people say D1 had bad port too. The only bad thing was that you didn't have any graphics options like low, medium, high textures and such. Everything else worked fine. Now D2 has tons of problems.

• Vsync doesn't work
    • you can't rebind all the keys
    • they put the keys in the inventory screen --> WTF?!!!
    • the camera is weird
    • Darksiders 1 looked sharper
    • only one save state
    • who the fuck needs too lean to jump to other beams and columns
    • wallrunning is too sticky and automated i.e. made for retards --> you can blame the retarded Ubisoft for that. No game will ever beat the games in the Sands of Time trilogy in terms of parcour
    • D1 had aiming x and y option, D2 doesn't
    • the shadows are awful
    • world map has no mouse click support
    • PC version doesn't have "hold button to insta equip armor or weapon"
    • to change the resolution you have to res the game WTF?! D1 had no such problems
    • when you remap a key the screen goes back to the first few keys LOL! it's so annyoing
    • you have to remap the movement keys for Death, Despair and Construct separately LOL!

This port is a total mess.

JoeyRavn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143  Edited By JoeyRavn

@mosdl said:

@JoeyRavn said:

Witcher 2 doesn't have a FOV slider!

No FoV slider? In this day and age! And that's why the game is total garbage!

BRB, gotta start an online petition for a refund or the head of CD Projekt Red's CEO on a spike.

I'm being sarcastic, BTW :P

Sanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144  Edited By Sanity

Was on the fence after hearing about the issues on pc but being that i got the game for 40 bucks and i really want to check it out i picked it up. Waiting for steam to download it but i thought the game looked good in the quick look so i think i will be satisfied. Its a shame but we still get a lower price on pc and can run it at a higher res. With some luck maby the addition settings will get patched in but im betting i'll be done with the game by then.

amir90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145  Edited By amir90

@phrosnite: The only thing that stops me from buying the console version though, is the cost, PC version is cheaper.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#146  Edited By Justin258

@Maginnovision said:

@doobie: I can use both but for fast action stuff I'm not good enough with a 360 controller.

@phrosnite: There are alot of technical issues. I personally get the game freezing on clouds anytime I go to the menu. Never really used the lock on system. Like I said, I played darksiders well enough until I got to a boss that demanded something that wasn't good with mouse(switching from throwing bombs to shooting and aiming at the fire, the aim mode was something I hated), and I couldn't pull off with a controller.

You seem to be acting like that's the game's fault, though. No one expected this game to be made for an M+K.

EDIT: Shit, didn't realize the thread was so old.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147  Edited By BeachThunder

@believer258 said:

@Maginnovision said:

@doobie: I can use both but for fast action stuff I'm not good enough with a 360 controller.

@phrosnite: There are alot of technical issues. I personally get the game freezing on clouds anytime I go to the menu. Never really used the lock on system. Like I said, I played darksiders well enough until I got to a boss that demanded something that wasn't good with mouse(switching from throwing bombs to shooting and aiming at the fire, the aim mode was something I hated), and I couldn't pull off with a controller.

You seem to be acting like that's the game's fault, though. No one expected this game to be made for an M+K.

o_o this thread was created a few hours after the game was released...

Edit: Also, I don't understand this:

No Caption Provided
    phrosnite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148  Edited By phrosnite

@BeachThunder said:

@believer258 said:

@Maginnovision said:

o_o this thread was created a few hours after the game was released...

Edit: Also, I don't understand this:

No Caption Provided

I think he is high.

That sign is the scythe button... left mouse button. Action is E or whatever you remapped it.

Avatar image for insane_shadowblade85
    insane_shadowblade85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How high should my FPS be during the game? I have VSync enabled on my card and during the opening 3rd party stuff I'm getting over 2k fps. In the menu and title screen I'm getting around 200 - 400 fps and during gameplay I get around 100+ fps. However, whenever Death opens a door I get 60 fps. Not sure how that works O_o.

This is...this is normal, right? Nothing to worry about, right?

EDIT: Yeah, I disabled VSync on my card using Catalyst Control Center and my FPS is the same as when I turned it on. Still getting the exact same fps in all of the areas I typed down.

mosdl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150  Edited By mosdl

@insane_shadowblade85 said:

How high should my FPS be during the game? I have VSync enabled on my card and during the opening 3rd party stuff I'm getting over 2k fps. In the menu and title screen I'm getting around 200 - 400 fps and during gameplay I get around 100+ fps. However, whenever Death opens a door I get 60 fps. Not sure how that works O_o.

This is...this is normal, right? Nothing to worry about, right?

EDIT: Yeah, I disabled VSync on my card using Catalyst Control Center and my FPS is the same as when I turned it on. Still getting the exact same fps in all of the areas I typed down.

Vsync should limit it to 60. The nvidia control panel override works, not sure about amd/ati cards.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.