Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Darksiders II

Game » consists of 30 releases. Released Aug 14, 2012

Players return to the post-Apocalypse in the sequel to 2010's Darksiders, this time as former protagonist War's fellow Horseman of the Apocalypse, Death, the pale rider, who seeks to resurrect Humanity to clear his brother's good name.

should I stop?

MrT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By MrT

<p>Is there any reason I should keep playing this. I played the first darksiders and really enojoyed it. I've got about 8 hours of play so far and I'm not liking darksiders 2. The story isn't interesting, the combat is to easy, the traversal and puzzles are to easy and clumsy.</p>

laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By laserbolts

I stopped about 7 hours in and I have never regretted it. Such a disappointment.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#3  Edited By Yummylee

Yes. It unfortunately only gets worse as it goes on -- or rather it temporarily becomes awesome but then just takes a shit on itself during the very end. Though if you're not enjoying any of the combat, traversal or even puzzles--like, the fundamentals of the entire game--then it's a no-brainer.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

If you don't like it, stop. Nothing wrong with that in my eyes. If you aren't enjoying yourself then is it really worth it? I only got 3 hours into Half-Life before I stopped

Winternet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

8 hours is enough Darksieders II for you to have an informed opinion and if you're not having fun then yeah you should stop.

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
    deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Yeah if you're not enjoying it now you probably won't like the rest of the game.

MrT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By MrT

I\m going to stop, good thing i got it for gerstmas and didn't waste my own cash.

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
    MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By MariachiMacabre

Yeah I stopped when it froze on me 2 hours before the end, kept me from playing until they patched it 4 weeks later (despite it being a WIDESPREAD issue that was well known by day 3) and then when I tried reloading my save it locked up on me again and I was told by support I'd have to restart my game. Nah. No thanks. I really wanted to love the game too and I did really enjoy the gameplay but man...between the story that felt pointless and the glitches, I just couldn't anymore.

Avatar image for deactivated-60481185a779c
    deactivated-60481185a779c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The story and mythology doesn't go anywhere particularly interesting either so if you're not having fun at this point there's no reason to continue especially given that the future of the series is in jeopardy. Not sure what pushed me to get through the whole game now that I think about it.

Solh0und

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Solh0und

Paid $10 for it and have yet to start playing it again.

PillClinton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By PillClinton

Yes, stop now. In fact, I wish I had learned that at around 8 hours instead of the 15 before I gave it up. Most disappointing game for me in a long-ass time. All I wanted was another Darksiders, not a watered-down quasi-RPG with dull platforming, an unnecessary loot treadmill, and way too much pointless dialogue. Gah!

stryker1121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By stryker1121

Eight hours is a good go if you don't like it. I liked the game enough to finish it, but the experience as a whole is bloated w/ many of the worst RPG elements. I liked the combat and puzzling well enough, and some of the art design is pretty great. But if you're not getting on with the game now, you likely never will.

MegaLombax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By MegaLombax

I myself have put in about 12-13 hours, and have stopped ever since. I keep telling myself that I need to finish it but have yet to do this. Its been 4-5 months now. Darksiders 2 is probably one of my biggest disappointments for me this gen. The first Darksiders was such an awesome game. It fulfilled my every expectation.

I just wanted more of that for Darksiders 2. I was happy with the inclusion of the RPG elements, the secondary weapons, a bigger environment, etc. I loved the combat in Darksiders 2. But the game just feels to stretched out, and the story isn't as interesting. I feel obligated to finish Darksiders 2, just because I loved the first one so much. Hopefully that happens sometime in the future.

gogosox82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By gogosox82

I'm about 8 hours in and the combat is good but not great but the story is what's killing it for me. Its sooo boring. I just keep hoping it gets better but something tells me, this is what it is. Kind of disappointing.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I used to think it's just GB community, but I guess I'm part of the minority all around the world, who thought that Darksiders 2 improved on all levels. Well, maybe not for the story, as there barely was any, but that sure wasn't all that great in the first game either. But to each with their own and so forth!

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#16  Edited By Seppli

The pacing was a bit off because of the semi open world structure, which was not well executed and felt thusly empty and quite pointless, but I did like the game quite a lot. I'm of the school of thought, that says whatever you play, try to play it right, and through to the very end. I end up playing 90% of all games I start to their completion, at the very least to the credits screen.

However, I pretty much never S-Rank anything. That's taking it too far, everytime. Busywork.

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
    WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

If you're sick of it already, definitely stop. The puzzles don't get more interesting, there's at least one mind numbingly awful section coming up and the story is irrelevant filler. It's clear they wanted to turn this franchise into the Avengers and build up each character individually before doing a large co-op game with them all together, but it fell flat on its face due to the fact there's no plot advancement anywhere and the game structure just being incredibly shoddy.

To help War you have to go here, to get there, you must first get this, to get that, you need to go here and complete these, to complete those you need four.... and so on. It never feels like you achieve something or get stronger, you just pile more and more tasks onto the same boring goal.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#18  Edited By Tennmuerti

Even as someone who liked Darksiders 2, I can say if you are still not feeling it after 8 hours, stop.

The combat only gets easier, and the story really does not go anywhere noteworthy. Personally i stuck with it for 2 full playthroughts, because I liked Death as a character and am a sucker for upgrading my dude and beating the toughest challenges there were (which when you're well geared aren't all that).

BlatantNinja23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you're not enjoying it than just stop. You're wasting your most important resource..... your time.

CheapPoison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am going to echo the sentiment that you shouldn't continue. I loved Darksiders 1, but the second one fells short.

And I was so disappointed with the story, I was sure it was going to twist another way but it didn't. Look up the cutscenes if you are really interested what happens.

mtcantor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By mtcantor

It's ok. Let it go.

Barrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Do you prefer the undead style over the Norse and viking stuff? If so, maybe. If it doesn't really matter, then let it go.

cloudnineboya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By cloudnineboya

stop! it does not get any better. was totally disappointed with this, loved the thirst game

Boiglenoight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#24  Edited By Boiglenoight

Hah, I dropped into this forum to socialize with folks who also like Darksiders II. Come to find out this place is like the Cave of Hate on Degobah. I think I saw one other person who said they thought Darksiders 2 improved on all levels. To that guy, high five! I mean, it's open world, there's loot, the voice acting is great, the characters are as interesting if not more so than those in DS I, and the ghost ship--c'mon! With the two huge snakes? I haven't finished it, but I'm definitely past the 8 hour mark and eager to play more.

expensiveham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By expensiveham

I stopped 7 hours in. I liked what i played and will get back to it some day.

artelinarose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hah, I dropped into this forum to socialize with folks who also like Darksiders II. Come to find out this place is like the Cave of Hate on Degobah. I think I saw one other person who said they thought Darksiders 2 improved on all levels. To that guy, high five! I mean, it's open world, there's loot, the voice acting is great, the characters are as interesting if not more so than those in DS I, and the ghost ship--c'mon! With the two huge snakes? I haven't finished it, but I'm definitely past the 8 hour mark and eager to play more.

I really liked this game. .w. The first one never really grabbed me but the second one is absolutely fantastic. The combat is far more in depth and enjoyable, the platforming feels good, the voice acting is really well done(Michael Wincott /swoon), the general art direction is exciting and more interesting to look at than the EVERYTHING GOT BLOWED UP that Darksiders 1 had... I don't understand why people don't like this game.

StarFoxA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 12

I just made it to Earth, and I'm seriously burned out on the game. How much more do I need to push through to finish the game?

uberexplodey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#28  Edited By uberexplodey

@starfoxa: I believe there are two more dungeons after the Earth deal. The game drags it out, but not nearly as bad as it did with the Land of the Dead main quest.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.