Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Darksiders

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Jan 05, 2010

Developed by Vigil Games, Darksiders puts players in control of War, one of the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse, as he attempts to find out who caused a premature Apocalypse while battling both Angels and Demons on a dead Earth.

Darksiders

Blademrk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By Blademrk

Just recently completed Darksiders on the 360, found it to be a really enjoyable game which reminded me a lot of "The Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver" & "Legend of Zelda".  

Voice acting was pretty good with War being voiced by the guy that voices Gaara in the english dub of Naruto / Cpt. Ukitake in Bleach and Mark Hamil voicing his joker-esque companion "The Watcher".  

The world feels post apocalyptic (being mostly empty) and this can cause problems if you're trying to get all weapons leveled up for one of the achievements (although you do get more weapon XP when playing the hardest difficulty).

Blademrk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Blademrk

Just recently completed Darksiders on the 360, found it to be a really enjoyable game which reminded me a lot of "The Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver" & "Legend of Zelda".  

Voice acting was pretty good with War being voiced by the guy that voices Gaara in the english dub of Naruto / Cpt. Ukitake in Bleach and Mark Hamil voicing his joker-esque companion "The Watcher".  

The world feels post apocalyptic (being mostly empty) and this can cause problems if you're trying to get all weapons leveled up for one of the achievements (although you do get more weapon XP when playing the hardest difficulty).

Eaxis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Eaxis

Did the game freeze while you played?
    PillClinton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By PillClinton

Darksiders is a completely unimaginative, trite, and cliche game, but it's also extremely competent and pretty darned fun, so I agree with you and also like it.

shirogane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By shirogane
    @100_Hertz said:
    "Darksiders is a completely unimaginative, trite, and cliche game, but it's also extremely competent and pretty darned fun, so I agree with you and also like it. "

I wouldn't say unimaginative, but the others, yes. 
    That said, these are the very reason why it's so damn fun and good. Although there are things that are stopping it from being absolutely awesome. 

Also, who else's mind got blown that there's a PC version?
    Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#5  Edited By Rhaknar

i loved darksiders and recently i find it hilarious that 3D dot heroes is getting high praise for being a zelda clone... apparently, if you take elements from zelda in a completely different universe its bad, but if you shamelessly copy it, its good :P

btw don't get your pitchforks out, I actually want 3d dot heroes bad, have it pre ordered, I just find both situations funny

Blademrk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Blademrk
    @Eaxis said:
    " Did the game freeze while you played? "
    No, it didn't freeze but it did suffer from a touch of slowdown in a few places.
    ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ryanwho

Not sure why I never made the correlation before but yeah, totally a Legacy of Kain vibe. The good and the bad.

Ultimadark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By Ultimadark
    @Blademrk said:
       Voice acting was pretty good with War being voiced by the guy that voices Gaara in the english dub of Naruto / Cpt. Ukitake in Bleach
    I thought that the voice acting was generally pretty bad, with War being the worst of them all.
    TheFreeMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By TheFreeMan

Darksiders was awesome even though it was really derivative and it's currently tied with Mass Effect 2 for my GOTY so far. I loved just about everything about the damn game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.