Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Darksiders

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Jan 05, 2010

Developed by Vigil Games, Darksiders puts players in control of War, one of the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse, as he attempts to find out who caused a premature Apocalypse while battling both Angels and Demons on a dead Earth.

Darksiders

This topic is locked from further discussion.

skewedsyntax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

Edited By skewedsyntax

Darksiders is a very fun game but damn it is hard even on normal difficulty you really have to grind it out.

skewedsyntax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#1  Edited By skewedsyntax

Darksiders is a very fun game but damn it is hard even on normal difficulty you really have to grind it out.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#2  Edited By Yummylee

The first one?... Er, well no offence, but I found it to be relatively easy even when starting straight from the Apocalyptic difficulty.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#3  Edited By MooseyMcMan

Yeah, I don't know what's up with people (by which I mean this guy and Will Smith) thinking the game is so hard. I didn't play it on hard, but by the end of my recent re-playing I kinda wish I had.

neurotic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By neurotic

I started it today on Normal and it didn't seem too difficult. There are a couple of enemies who are a pain in the ass but are fairly easy to get around. Then again, I'm only at the part where you go after Tiamat so maybe it gets harder from there, I dunno.

mikey87144

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By mikey87144

I started on the hardest difficulty setting and thought it pretty easy.

49th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By 49th

I think I only died twice in Darksiders on normal, and those may have just been mission fails.

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Ravenlight

I've got to agree with the crowd on this one. I jumped straight into Apocalyptic difficulty and felt the game was a little too easy at times.

Getting decent at blocking and dodging goes a long way to making combat easier. Even if you can't take more than one hit, if nothing can hit you, you're golden. Don't underestimate the utility of the Fist and Scythe, too. They may not do as much damage as Chaoseater but they're amazing for crowd control.

MegaLombax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By MegaLombax

I played through the first game on Apocalyptic from the get go. It was pretty challenging at first but after getting used to the dodging system, it was okay. I think I only died a couple of times while fighting the first mini boss on the freeway.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#9  Edited By Yummylee

@Ravenlight said:

I've got to agree with the crowd on this one. I jumped straight into Apocalyptic difficulty and felt the game was a little too easy at times.

Getting decent at blocking and dodging goes a long way to making combat easier. Even if you can't take more than one hit, if nothing can hit you, you're golden. Don't underestimate the utility of the Fist and Scythe, too. They may not do as much damage as Chaoseater but they're amazing for crowd control.

The scythe is an absolute monster! Once you get yourself some of the later level upgrades, you can easily cleave through a crowd just by using that RB+Y 360 degree sweep attack a few times.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By natetodamax

I thought it was very easy on Apocalyptic difficulty.

Hunkulese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Hunkulese

The only part I found even remotely difficult was Tiamat due to the crappy aiming and the fact you only have two skulls. I don't think I ever died to another boss.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#12  Edited By Justin258

Yeah, the game is mostly easy for me. There are a handful of difficulty spikes but none of them are that bad.

alternate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#13  Edited By alternate

Assuming we are talking about the first one - the only hard bit was working out what specific tactic you were meant to use to kill the bosses - I remember that first boss (griever?) killing me many times before I worked out that you could only damage her with the bombs.

Not far in to the second one but I think it is going to be harder. Not having the block to fall back on, even basic enemies seem to be able to get a hit in if you are not paying attention.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.