Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Darksiders

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Jan 05, 2010

Developed by Vigil Games, Darksiders puts players in control of War, one of the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse, as he attempts to find out who caused a premature Apocalypse while battling both Angels and Demons on a dead Earth.

Darksiders - Good games are hard to come by

rivalbro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By rivalbro

I don't know why I waited this long to grab Darksiders. I saw the reviews, people told me about it, but I just didn't get it. Well today I blindfolded myself and got it. Been playing it for 6 hours straight. It just never wants you to stop playing and just keeps on pulling you in. Many people have compared it to Zelda games, but to be frank, it's a completely different experience, as they said in Cracked.com, War will make mincemeat of Link, bar-be-que it, and feed it to Epona!

I hope the game delivers even after the beginning part as some games don't. These kind of quality game are hard to come by nowadays, I'm so glad that I finally got my hands on it!

rivalbro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By rivalbro

I don't know why I waited this long to grab Darksiders. I saw the reviews, people told me about it, but I just didn't get it. Well today I blindfolded myself and got it. Been playing it for 6 hours straight. It just never wants you to stop playing and just keeps on pulling you in. Many people have compared it to Zelda games, but to be frank, it's a completely different experience, as they said in Cracked.com, War will make mincemeat of Link, bar-be-que it, and feed it to Epona!

I hope the game delivers even after the beginning part as some games don't. These kind of quality game are hard to come by nowadays, I'm so glad that I finally got my hands on it!

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Diamond

I bought it sale a while back and I agree it's an excellent game.  To me, though, it's a lot like the recent 3D Zelda games.  With a little God of War and WoW mixed in for good measure.

Bloopa79Aus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Bloopa79Aus

from what I have played of the game it seems like Batman arkham asylam in the way that it slowly feeds you more things as you progress through the story to access new areas and stuff

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By AhmadMetallic

and i thought its just another lame ass hack'n'slash game 

i'll try it out !

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By ryanwho

I appreciate it more in hindsight. Yeah its just a mesh of superior games, but those superior games come out, what? Once every 4 years? I'd take that over another "hide behind the box and shoot" bit of bullshit.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#6  Edited By jakob187

Man, I really need to get this game again.  I thoroughly enjoyed it, and I'm sad that there wasn't anything shown for Darksiders 2 at E3.  Oh well. 

With that said, it's totally a Zelda experience with a slight DMC-styled combat system in place.  The game is smooth as hell, graphically incredible, and had a good story with a strong build-up on the mythos.  Plus, the ending was fully satisfying while still building up for a sequel.

TheFreeMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By TheFreeMan

Darksiders is maybe my GOTY so far. I fucking loved that game-it's 2010's Arkham Asylum, as far as I'm concerned.

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

#8  Edited By GunstarRed

The thing that struck me first is how beautiful the game looks. It has a great artstyle It tries its hardest to shy away from the usual post apocalyptic greys and blacks... it has so much colour and the designs of War and Ruin are awesome. 

But seriously...that game IS Zelda.... every single thing about that game is Zelda.... 

if Link had a gun!
    mazik765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By mazik765
    @rivalbro said:
    Many people have compared it to Zelda games, but to be frank, it's a completely different experience, as they said in Cracked.com, War will make mincemeat of Link, bar-be-que it, and feed it to Epona!
    I think saying certain comparisons can be made to Zelda is an understatement. They are straight-up ripped out of Zelda. Same with some features ripped from Panzer Dragoon and the combat strongly resembling that of the God of War series.

However that doesn't make it bad. It took the best elements straight out of those games and combined them effectively. I enjoyed this game a lot, and hope there is a Darksiders 2 in the works.
    habster3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By habster3
    @TheFreeMan said:
    "Darksiders is maybe my GOTY so far. I fucking loved that game-it's 2010's Arkham Asylum, as far as I'm concerned. "
    landon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11  Edited By landon

Good games aren't that hard to come by.

Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Marcsman

It's my next purchase.
    Alphazero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 10

#13  Edited By Alphazero
    @jakob187 said:

" Plus, the ending was fully satisfying while still building up for a sequel. "

At the very end 

Here's the whole ending. Spoilers galore, obviously.

I couldn't wait for the sequel.
    immike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By immike
    @rivalbro: The reason I like it is because it has a better combat system than Zelda (GoW style), better hint/help for puzzles (no obscure/ridiculous puzzles, and a decent premise that goes beyond saving a princess. As you may notice, I am not a Zelda fan. However, I am definitely a fan of this game and hope more people play it.
    toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By toowalrus

I loved this game, played through it in two sittings. Actually I didn't finish it, once it wanted me to run back and get all the sword pieces I sent it back to GameFly, but man it was awesome, and I saw... most of it.

ztiworoh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By ztiworoh

It's funny, I got this from GameFly last week, played it for awhile over the weekend and just couldn't get into it. I've never felt compelled to finish a Zelda game, so maybe I'm just not into this style of game play, but I just wasn't having much fun with this. The combat wasn't all that fun and I just felt like everything in the game was something I'd done better in other games. 

I made it through the first dungeon, beat Tiamat, got to the beginning of the next dungeon and then just decided that I didn't want to continue. I especially didn't like the combat challenges which just felt like padding for padding's sake. 

My other big problem was the aesthetic and art design - just too angsty for its own good. This is just a personal thing, but I'm really over growly, angry anti-heroes in my games.

Avatar image for deactivated-633355e1dd700
    deactivated-633355e1dd700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm impatiently awaiting the Steam release in September.

Zajtalan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Zajtalan
    @jakob187:  do you write reviews because you are good
    ATrevelan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#19  Edited By ATrevelan

Darksiders is like Zelda on steroids. And not just because of the chunky art style. I love everything about this game.

Chummy8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#20  Edited By Chummy8

I was getting a serious Soul Reaver vibe from the game.  I loved the game and I intend on replaying the game on the hardest difficulty for the S rank soon. 

wolf_blitzer85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#21  Edited By wolf_blitzer85

For sure. I played the demo and really enjoyed it. Unfortunately didn't have the money at the time, and I kind of forgot about it.  

I seriously can't wait until this game comes to Steam. 

zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#22  Edited By zombie2011

I've never played a Legend of Zelda game, so to me Darksiders was something fresh and new. Loved every minute i played it and the ending so sooooooo good.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.