Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Darksiders

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Jan 05, 2010

Developed by Vigil Games, Darksiders puts players in control of War, one of the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse, as he attempts to find out who caused a premature Apocalypse while battling both Angels and Demons on a dead Earth.

Game won't launch?

Subjugation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Subjugation

So, like many of you I decided to partake in the THQ Humble Bundle since it is the perfect opportunity for me to grab some great games and put the money toward a good cause. I was especially excited to finally try out Darksiders since I've heard so many good things about. Now, imagine my dismay after downloading it and going to play it for the the first time and it doesn't run. I try again, same result. The game seems to "launch" but immediately tabs out (to the point where I never actually see anything) and trying to re-enter the program will just make it tab out again.

I'm hoping that perhaps one of you has had this issue in the past and knows how to fix it so I can finally try this game out.

icecoldsnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By icecoldsnake

First of all, if you ever post in a forum about an issue related to your computer ALWAYS list your specs. For Example:

Windows 7 Home Premium x64

Intel Core 2 Duo CPU E6750 @2.66Ghz

Asus P5E-VM HDMI mobo

6 gb Ram (2gb Patriot DDR2-6400, 4gb Ballistix DDR2-6400)

GeForce 9500 GT (1gb DDR2)

80gb Maxtor (Boot Device)

1tb Western Digital Caviar

Now, on to your problem. Try running the game as Admin. (Right-click game in Steam then go to Properties>Local Files>Browse Local Files. From there find Right-click DarksidersPC.exe and Run as Administrator)

Now I'm gonna piggy-back on this topic for a minute: Anyone know why my Darksiders keeps "not working" usually happens after I load.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.