Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Darkstalkers

Franchise »

One of Capcom's most popular franchises, Darkstalkers is a 2D fighting series based on fantasy and myth from Capcom's glory days. Darkstalkers introduced several ideas used in later Capcom fighting games.

Darkstalkers 4 - Your Thoughts?

• 53 results
    Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Linkyshinks

I really hope this is next on the agenda for Capcom.

Yoshinori Ono was recently asked about a new Vampire game when showing SF4 at a Capcom event in Japan. During the event, Ono said something along the lines of it being a huge undertaking using the current SF4 engine to make a game of Vampires kind. He feels that way because of the nature of the special moves and the morphing effects he thinks the graphics would require. I can see how there is some truth to what he says, it would be definitely be difficult to bring about some effects and animations in 3D.

The current engine would definitely have to be tweaked to bring about a game of this kind to a standard fans like me would expect. Even then there is a side of me that says, don't you f**king dare, because in my eyes much of Vampire's charm is born from it's fluid 2D animation.  

I think Samurai Shodown Sen (3D) looks bereft of all that made it awesome and feel the same could happen here if not done right. The 2.5D could of course look amazing if done right, but the project will likely require so much heavy work, work I cannot see happening anytime soon after SF4...

If it was made using Tatsunoko's engine however, it could come about a lot easier and quicker. On the evidence of Tatsunoko Vs Capcom, which is wonderfully polished graphically, I would be more than happy if the next game came to Wii. Morrigan looks awesome in the cell style and I can easily imagine the others looking equally awesome. 

Capcom may not be able to deliver Tatsunoko in the west on Wii, and they also may not be able to deliver SF4. (-even though Ono says they are looking into a reduced version of 4 on Wii). With that being the case I think Wii owners could possibly get this game. I think it would be really appreciated on Wii by the Japanese fans and also a choice few like me.

I really hope if and when it does arrive that Ono has nothing to do with the game. As much as I love SF4 there is still much about it that I will never be happy with.  Also, this is after all the same dude that made Fighting Jam....

So, what are your thoughts on what should happen next?. Also, who else has ot the love for this awesome series and why?. And not forgetting the customary question with any fighter, who's your favourite character?

Personally, I adore the Gothic Anime art and animation, which is standard, but even more so I find the game bold, very bold for a Capcom fighter. Certainly at the time of release. The move-sets and combos are insane in this series and it's all brought together cohesively with colourful characters that I find charming. 

Vampire Chronic Love
    Vampire Chronic Love

No Caption Provided

Eelcire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Eelcire

Great collection! Reminds me of my DOA collection. I had the Darkstalkers Graphic File on pre-order from Borders for a full year before I finally had it in my hands, but it was still worth it. Contemplating on picking up the Japanese version as well from the not-so-local asian market I occasionally shop at.

No hesitation on the tribute book coming out though:

Darkstalkers Tribute book pre-order page. Looks to be shipping by August 31th.
    http://udonentertainment.com/darkstalkerstribute/

Also, if you're not a member already, you can show your support at  http://www.capcom-unity.com
    Unofficial Darkstalkers Thread

Great animated GIFs too, my favorite two characters! :D

For your viewing pleasure, the art used for the cover!

Darkstalkers Tribute Cover by Jo Chen
    Darkstalkers Tribute Cover by Jo Chen

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By Diamond

If they do it, I really hope they give it the attention it deserves, high production values and nice animation, like with SF4.  I really don't like the stiff, lifeless look of TvC, and I wouldn't want a sloppy 2DHD presentation offloaded to Udon (Western Udon) or similar group.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Linkyshinks

Thanks. Since this post I have actually now got Darkstalkers 3 on PS1, as well as another copy of Vampire Hunter on Saturn :). It was cheap and in great condition, I could not pass on it. I have a policy now of getting every copy I see, I am hording them, seriously :D    All I need now is the PS2 collection that's available in Japan.

Thanks for the link!. I will put a order in at my local Manga store on the weekend.

I need to start a new account on Unity, but I am on Shoryuken as GoukiMaster where it is discussed.

Great animated GIFs too, my favorite two characters! :D

Same here! Lei Lei is actually my favourite, despite my avatar that suggests otherwise. I adore her level music in Savior, and I think her sprite animation is awesome. I love her voice work also. In my eyes she is one of the greatest Capcom characters ever devised. I would love to see her in her own game or see her make cameo in other fioghting games. I would be estatic if she turned up in the US version of Tatsunoko.

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Diamond
    Staff said:
    Has been deleted..
    If there are people at Capcom Japan willing to actually make new HD sprites, I'd be OK with that.  I'm kind of disappointed how KOF12 has turned out visually, and with most of my favorite KOF characters being left out.  If they can it right, that'd be fine.  If they could represent the animations and details properly in 3D like SF4 more or less does, that'd be even better IMO.  I just don't want to end up with funky looking art or cheap stiff animations or anything like that.
    Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Linkyshinks

I am unhappy about some of my faves missing also, still, I do think it looks great

I would be OK with it if there was no hint of appealing to the West more, by altering the classic style of characters, like they have done with most of the characters in SF4. I love the distinctly Japanese Gothic Anime style, if that was diluted I would be heart broken. That's my only real fear. I imagine it is for most of the fans of this series.

Eelcire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Eelcire

I'd have to agree about the style, be it in 2D sprites or 3D; please leave the original darker style for Darkstalkers in place. I do have faith in Capcom though, after the great job they did with Street Fighter IV (just keep bad DLC out of the game; buying costumes, pffftt!). If they do go with sprites though, I'd like to see a little more depth to them through lighting and shading. Think that would look pretty cool.

I'd love to get more Darkstalker games, but it is becoming increasingly difficult to find game shops that sell games from older systems (I have more fun trying to hunt down games in shops). So are you also collecting any games that feature the Darkstalker characters as well? I have been having a heluva time trying to get a legitamate Super Puzzle Fighter for GBA; think I'll just have to eBay it. I've purchased 3 copies so far from game shops, and all 3 have been bootlegs :(

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Linkyshinks
    Eelcire said:
    I'd have to agree about the style, be it in 2D sprites or 3D; please leave the original darker style ... [more]

Well I have Gunbird 2 on Dreamcast, it features Morrigan. I also have Super Puzzle fighter 2 Turbo on Saturn, that includes Morrigan also, but interestingly also includes Lei Lei's twin, Mei Ling. It's also got Felicia, Donovan, and little Anita, his fan ( little girl from the background in Savior).

I need the GBA game also.

Eelcire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Eelcire

Have you played HD Remix on XBLA or PSN? The did a nice job with rebalancing the character drop patterns, but took the quick and easy route of upscaling the characters. It wouldn't have been so bad if the whole game was upscaled, but everything was redrawn except for the characters; this made them stand out even more (and not in a good way). Still though, it's Super Puzzle Figher and still has all the secret characters (Anita, Mei Ling, Devilot, Dan, Akuma). I'd also like to find Pocket Fighter at some point.

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 31

#10  Edited By AgentJ

Lol, I JUST picked up Chaos tower for teh PSP. havent poped it in yet

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Linkyshinks
    Eelcire said:
    Have you played HD Remix on XBLA or PSN? The did a nice job with rebalancing the character drop patterns, ... [more]

Of course. I dislike the effect that it creates also..I have Pocket Fighter PS. I have a ton of great fighters, I do collect them. You should be able to pick up a copy on Amazon.com/UK

AgentJ
    said:
    Lol, I JUST picked up Chaos tower for teh PSP. havent poped it in yet [more]

You should really get a stick on thumb pad if you don't already have one, it's pretty lame without. They can be got for cheap on ebay.

MikeFightNight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#12  Edited By MikeFightNight
    Hell yeah The Vampire games (Darkstalkers) are one of my favourite fighting franchises.  The look, the moves, the characters, the music, the vibe, I love it all.  I also own Vampire Chronicle for the DC and it's one of the reasons my DC stays hooked up to my T.V (That and all the other 2-d sprite based fighting games I own for it;) 

I was thinking the other day that Capcom should do something new with the series, or at least make an HD version of Vampire Chronicle for PSN and LIVE.  But I would really like to see a entirely new Darkstalkers game.  I actually really enjoyed Street Fighter 4. I agree it's not without it's faults Linkyshinks, but I really did enjoy the direction it went in.  However the Darkstalkers franchise is a considerably different game in style and game play, even though they both share alot of similarities on the surface. 

I also agree that if the SF IV engine were used it would have to be tweaked quite a bit to take into account all the spectacular special moves and animations you can perform in the games.  However maybe a new sprite based game like in the way of the new KOF would be more appropriate.  Either way, I do think Capcom would have to take a huge chance with the game in order to make it relevant again in the mass market like they did with SF IV.  Sure some people didn't like it others loved it, but everyone knew about it. 

--Side Note--
    If they do make a remake all I can ask Capcom is, please, please...don't use the same people you got to score SF IV....pleaseee.lol

Anyway Lei Lei 4 Life.
    Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Linkyshinks
    @MikeFightNight said:
    "
    Hell yeah The Vampire games (Darkstalkers) are one of my favourite fighting franchises.  The look, the moves, the characters, the music, the vibe, I love it all.  I also own Vampire Chronicle for the DC and it's one of the reasons my DC stays hooked up to my T.V (That and all the other 2-d sprite based fighting games I own for it;) 

I was thinking the other day that Capcom should do something new with the series, or at least make an HD version of Vampire Chronicle for PSN and LIVE.  But I would really like to see a entirely new Darkstalkers game.  I actually really enjoyed Street Fighter 4. I agree it's not without it's faults Linkyshinks, but I really did enjoy the direction it went in.  However the Darkstalkers franchise is a considerably different game in style and game play, even though they both share alot of similarities on the surface. 

I also agree that if the SF IV engine were used it would have to be tweaked quite a bit to take into account all the spectacular special moves and animations you can perform in the games.  However maybe a new sprite based game like in the way of the new KOF would be more appropriate.  Either way, I do think Capcom would have to take a huge chance with the game in order to make it relevant again in the mass market like they did with SF IV.  Sure some people didn't like it others loved it, but everyone knew about it. 

--Side Note--
    If they do make a remake all I can ask Capcom is, please, please...don't use the same people you got to score SF IV....pleaseee.lol

Anyway Lei Lei 4 Life.
    "

Thanks for you input.

I would love to see a HD version of Chronicles or Savior, I  would also love to see Capcom use hand drawn sprite animation, because here I think it could be used to great effect.

It was particularly the morphing involved that concerned Ono. I don't  think the technology will be an issue, I'm sure it can be done with good design. Animation would have to be a significant step up over Street Fighter 4, because the extravagant nature of the characters design and combos I think.

God yes. if Street Fighter 4's audio team were put to work on a new game, I wouldn't be happy at all.... I would like to see any new games audio inspired by some of the remixes fans have created.

MikeFightNight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#14  Edited By MikeFightNight

Yeah someone should start an Online petition (which I know are kind of useless but do raise attention certainley since Capcom seems to listen to their fans) to get an HD version of Vampire Chronicle for PSN and XBL.  It's the least they could do for now, without making Darkstalkers 4.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Linkyshinks
    @MikeFightNight said:
    " Yeah someone should start an Online petition (which I know are kind of useless but do raise attention certainley since Capcom seems to listen to their fans) to get an HD version of Vampire Chronicle for PSN and XBL.  It's the least they could do for now, without making Darkstalkers 4. "

Capcom-unity would be a better place to strike up interest in a new game I think.

Eelcire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Eelcire

Another game to pick to support the Darkstalkers characters is Cross Edge, which features Morrigan, Felicia, Demitri, Lilith, and Jedah. While not a fighter, it is an SRPG which is another good genre (for me at least). Cross Edge is released on PS3 right now, but is also being ported to the Xbox 360 as Cross Edge Dash; no word though on which regions the 360 game will be released.

Also, Marvel vs Capom 2 end of July for XBLA, PSN date TBA! I swear, Darkstalkers characters are appearing in so many different games except for an actual new Darkstalkers game!

@Linkyshinks, did you manage to get a tribute book ordered yet?

Godwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Godwind

Don't forget to pick up Cannon Spike as well.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Linkyshinks

300 English Pounds. It looks alright but I am not willing to pay that much on a statue unless it's perfect...I don't really like the face that much. If I ever see a Lei Lei, I would be more likely to get that.

No Caption Provided

Eelcire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Eelcire

Hey all! Stopped by a hobby shop near my job and stumbled across a couple of Darkstalkers goodies! Got the Japanese Vampire Hunter: Animated Series soundtrack (still sealed!) and the 1999 Viz release of Nightwarriors: Darkstalkers' Revenge graphic novel. 

Edit: Just read up on the OST, and it appears that it is a bootleg :(
    I seem to have bad luck with getting bootleg versions of old capcom stuff. I've purchased 2 copies of Super Puzzle Fighter II for GBA that were both bootleg as well.    

Vampire.Hunter.Animated.Series.OST

Night.Warriors.Darkstalkers'.Revenge .The.Graphic.Novel

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Linkyshinks
    @Eelcire said:
    "

Hey all! Stopped by a hobby shop near my job and stumbled across a couple of Darkstalkers goodies! Got the Japanese Vampire Hunter: Animated Series soundtrack (still sealed!) and the 1999 Viz release of Nightwarriors: Darkstalkers' Revenge graphic novel. 

Edit: Just read up on the OST, and it appears that it is a bootleg :(
    I seem to have bad luck with getting bootleg versions of old capcom stuff. I've purchased 2 copies of Super Puzzle Fighter II for GBA that were both bootleg as well.    

"

I have the one volume of the graphic novel also. Shame about the OST, I did think it odd because I've never seen that cover before. I hope you didn't pay too much for it. It's still cool to have though, I wouldn't get pissed. 

I bought this figurine today:

No Caption Provided
    Eelcire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Eelcire
    @Linkyshinks: 
    Nice Demitri; he's certainly proud of himself  ; )  I'd love to get a Hsien-Ko figurine at some point (and Ayane from DOA). Soundtrack I got wasn't that expensive so no big deal; and it's still neat to have. Just waiting on the Tribute Album now, supposed to be shipping by today.
    ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By ryanwho

Bring back Q Bee.
    Also yes, this game has to come back, because Blazblue is clearly gunning for the crown of "craziest character lineup" and DS can't sit by and let that happen.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Linkyshinks
    @Eelcire said:

" @Linkyshinks:  Nice Demitri; he's certainly proud of himself  ; )  I'd love to get a Hsien-Ko figurine at some point (and Ayane from DOA). Soundtrack I got wasn't that expensive so no big deal; and it's still neat to have. Just waiting on the Tribute Album now, supposed to be shipping by today. "

Yeah, I'm looking forward to getting it also. Still no sign of it though...  

It's about time I got this one, I keep forgetting and putting it off. Out of all that I've seen this is the best in terms of pose and all round quality.

No Caption Provided
    Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Linkyshinks
    @ryanwho said:
    " Bring back Q Bee. Also yes, this game has to come back, because Blazblue is clearly gunning for the crown of "craziest character lineup" and DS can't sit by and let that happen. "
    True, I thought the very same when I saw Blaz making an impact. Maybe Capcom have been watching the progress of that game. I hope they have because I really want something new and excitingly different after SF4.
    Eelcire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Eelcire
    @Linkyshinks: 
    Oh wow! That is a great pose and looks really nice. Any information on who makes it?
    Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Linkyshinks
    @Eelcire:  

A company called Ensky (small toy manufacturer) made it. It's still available despite it's 2007 release. You should expect to pay around the $50 mark. 

It features a removable hat also: 

Get one dude, you would be crazy not to.   

I'm still waiting on my Tribute book...I know it's available on the net, the thing is I've put a deposit down at my local Manga store, so I have little choice but to wait. They told me today it would come within the next few days..so here's hoping. 

I went into my local indy store today to get a new RAM cart  (worn out), and I ended up coming out with this  :)

Sealed copy in perfect condition

Got yet another copy of Hunter too. It was cheap. 

dbz1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#27  Edited By dbz1995
    @Linkyshinks: Wait...your avatar is B.B.Hood! I just noticed.
    Eelcire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Eelcire
    @Linkyshinks: Damn, that is nice looking and tempting to get. Looking on amazon.com it'd be around $43 so not too bad. Were you able to order the special hardcover edition of the tribute book from the manga store? Nice collection of games you have there as well. Amazing that they're still around sealed.

I was pretty bummed that I wasn't able to buy the NightWarriors OVA DVDs from the local video rental place that has them. They're hard to come by and pretty spendy online.

Good to see you around too :)
    Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Linkyshinks
    @Eelcire:  

It is, It's a work of art, the sculpting style is so akin to original art work.  

I have no idea, I had no idea one existed till now, I just assumed it would be soft as most of the others have been.  I'm paying 25 English pounds for my copy, I would happily throw in another 5 an get a hardcover version if possible.  

To be perfectly honest, today I was in the right frame of mind to get my deposit back, and go get a copy online at Amazon UK. There it's cheaper at only19.99. 

It's amazing to find a sealed bundle copy in such awesome condition, I've been looking for ages with no luck, and just as fate would have it a copy pops up where I least expect it. I'm very thankful to whoever decided to part with it after taking care of it for so long. 

For collection purposes, you should aim to get them. Getting the cheaper VHS copies is a waste of time of course. Amazon UK may have cheaper copies of the DVD, it's worth a try anyway.

I had to rejoin Unity. I have added you.  I still need to get my initial blog up... It will be nice expressing my love for Vampire among people who care, lol :)
    Eelcire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Eelcire
    @Linkyshinks: Yeah, there is a limited hardcover edition available (the one that I got), however it is $79.95 US and only available through the Capcom Store now. That's why I'm a little slower on getting more stuff so quickly; spent a lot on the tribute book.

I'll be looking for you on Unity, and you'll find many Darkstalkers fans there :)
    Avatar image for emandudeguyperson
    Emandudeguyperson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 6

Yes, that would be QUITE awesome, I hope they keep it in 2D though.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Linkyshinks
    @Eelcire said:

" @Linkyshinks: Yeah, there is a limited hardcover edition available (the one that I got), however it is $79.95 US and only available through the Capcom Store now. That's why I'm a little slower on getting more stuff so quickly; spent a lot on the tribute book.

I'll be looking for you on Unity, and you'll find many Darkstalkers fans there :)
    "
    O' right, that makes sense..That's certainly pricey dude, I think I'll pass :) 

That thread over there makes me warm and happy inside, I will be sure to post in it very soon now. I feel I have a good argument in favour of a return to put across. 

All we need to do is to try an get a download release of Savior in HD, once that happens I'm pretty confident it will do the rest of work for us. To get to a point where that's a possibilty, it will take a lot of pestering. I am ready for that challenge :)   

I am confident that Capcom's other off-the-wall fighter, Tatsunoko Vs Capcom, will do very well on Wii when it launches in the West, I think it could pave the way for our beloved series to return if fans highlight certain truths on the thread in unison.     

At the very least, there's the possibility Capcom could release the PS2 collection on Wii with updated graphics, or release a disc based version of the Dreamcast version Chronicles on Wii.  
    Eelcire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Eelcire

Got my Darkstalkers Tribute book a couple of days ago, and just got around to taking a pic to post. Reading over on Capcom Unity it would appear that it was the best selling book on Amazon.jp on release; not to mention that Yoshinori Ono is interested in making a new Darkstalkers as well. Darkstalkers support continues to increase!

Darkstalkers Tribute
    Darkstalkers Tribute

Darkstalkers Graphic File
    Darkstalkers Graphic File
    AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 31

#34  Edited By AgentJ

i'm sure it will be great whenever it does come out. I've only played the PSP game, but it seems fun enough

GunnBjorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#35  Edited By GunnBjorn

I expect they rather put out a Super Streetfighter IV Turbo first, before this one. 
    And even if they'll announce that they going to make a new DS, it'll be a 2011/2012 release. 
    A depressing prospect...     
    Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Linkyshinks

Finally got my copy earlier today. I was given a money off voucher for the wait I endured. Very nice, some of the work is excellent, while others, a choice few, are sub standard imo. I really like one sculpture/figurine in particular. I feel inclined to do some work of my own. I would love to carve a model out of clay. 

No Caption Provided
    Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Linkyshinks
    @Eelcire:  

I placed my orders on all three comics and paid up in front for postage, at a different store, no more waiting this time around. ;)
    Eelcire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Eelcire
    @Linkyshinks:
    Got myself something new the other day; still deciding on whether to keep her in the box or not.  Really good deal at Amazon too for only $18.88! You were right in that this is a good representation of Hsien-ko and it looks well made; I really like the pose as well. Thanks for pointing this figure out and the recommendation :)

Lei Lei Box Front
    Lei Lei Box Front

Lei-Lei Box Back
    Lei-Lei Box Back

Also got the Ninja Gaiden Ayane 1/6 scale PVC figure, but she doesn't belong in this forum ;)
    jNerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#39  Edited By jNerd

I'd like DarkStalkers 4 to be more like StreetFighter 4. I wouldn't mind a Turbo Super Dark Stalkers HD Remix  :D

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By ryanwho

Im only down if bullshit characters like Q Bee are still in.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Linkyshinks
    Q Bee's a top tier character used often in tournaments in Japan. I think it's safe to say she will be, she's much loved by the Japanese fans.

Sasquatch
    Zabel(Lord Raptor)
    Q-Bee
    Talbain

Mid

Lei Lei (Hsien-Ko)
    Demitri
    Aulbath (Rikuo)
    Felicia
    BB Hood(Bulleta)
    Bishamon
    Jedah

Bottom

Anakaris
    Lilith
    Morrigan
    Victor    
    ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By ryanwho

SHE'S A GIANT BEE.  

Blazblue aint got shit on the Darkstalkers. Classic crazy.

Eelcire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Eelcire
    @Linkyshinks: Wha? You mean there's older Darkstalkers comics I need to hunt down too? Nice finds there - I really like the B.B. Hood cover! I have all 6 of the newer comics ordered at the comic shop by me; I'll have to go through his manga comics collection to see what I can find. Owner also thinks he had a Morrigan wallscroll laying around someplace that he'll put aside for me if he finds it.

Saw your post at Capcom-unity as well and would have to agree. Really sucks when a game is changed for no reason other than to cater to the 'target audience'. If you're going to change things at least add the ability to have the option to experience the original version or the new version, either on the media or through DLC. I like UDON's art style myself, though from reading around it would appear that they're good at still work and not so good at animation? I bought SSFIITHDR but don't really play it nor paid much attention to the animation (not really a SF fan, bought that as well as SFIV to support Capcom fighters).

* Ayane is my favorite gaming character, so I wanted to have a nice figurine of her. There's also a new model I'm contimplating on getting - maybe if I get a good tax return. ;)
    Eelcire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Eelcire
    @Linkyshinks:
    What are the dates for the Darkstalkers comics that you picked up? Are they the same story as what was in Darkstalkers vol.1, Rise of the Dark Ones?

Wow, looking on amazon again and there's a color variant of the Hsien-ko figure I just bought! Almost want to get this one as well, but I just bought two figures, not to mention there are other ones I'd like to get.

luce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By luce

I thought it was an annoucement of darkstalkers 4 :(

CaptainObvious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#46  Edited By CaptainObvious
    @Linkyshinks: Are these comics actually good? Also, the new stuff is only a 3 issue miniseries.
    Eelcire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Eelcire
    @Linkyshinks:
    Actually, I was referring to the comics that you already have. What are the dates listed on these comics? Comic book shop by me has a lot of older manga when it was published here in comic format; thought I'd check through that next time I'm there.
    Eelcire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Eelcire
    @Linkyshinks:
    Something new! Got it off ebay, perfect condition too :) 

Vampire Chronicle for Matching Service
    Vampire Chronicle for Matching Service
    Eelcire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Eelcire
    @Linkyshinks:
    Nice to see you finally got your comics in. I like the B cover more as well, though once all 3 comics are out then the A cover will look pretty cool when put together with them. My poor Dreamcast only has the composite cables; one of these days though I may pick up some VGA cables. Haven't played the Saturn version myself, is it better sprite work, or more animations per character that make it look better?
    Geno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 3

#50  Edited By Geno

Morrigan? Sold.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.