Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Darkstalkers

Franchise »

One of Capcom's most popular franchises, Darkstalkers is a 2D fighting series based on fantasy and myth from Capcom's glory days. Darkstalkers introduced several ideas used in later Capcom fighting games.

Darkstalkers 4 - Your Thoughts?

• 53 results
    Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 12

#51  Edited By Rhaknar

capcom is talking a lot more openly about the success of SF4 and how its fighting division is coming back, it wouldn't surprise me if a new Darkstalkers game was coming. Let's be honest, besides Street Fighter, Darkstalkers and the VS games are the most successful fighting franchises they have, and there was already a new VS game (although not the one most fans want of course).

As long as it uses the SF4 style graphics and animations, which would make even more sense for the over the top Darkstalkers, i'm in. It's funny, 2 years ago I never thought I wouldn't want a pure 2D street fighter or darkstalkers game, but after SF4, I really can't go back (and yes ive seen blazblue and kof12... I much prefer SF4 style)

FUN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By FUN

The biggest problem I have with another Vampire game is the inevitable legion of non-fans that the series has.  You know, people on Capcom-Unity like "omg if u maek darkstalkers 4 Morigon's Darkness Illusion like in TvC or MvC IT"S TOO HARD!!" and people who just "really" want to play it and dictate what "has to be done" to make them like it from what they've seen/heard about the game.  And of course, the people just picking it up from the Vs series.

As for 3D, I'd be good with a more detailed TvC or MvC 3 style of 3D, but I'd prefer HD sprites.  Also, considering the problems with the ESRB that the dev team behind MvC 3 is having trouble advertising the Darkstalkers characters, I just hope because it's its own game that they won't take away the charm that would go for an M Rating today for a T rating. 

TechHits

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 12

#53  Edited By TechHits

It's crazy to see how old this thread is, and that Capcom is still talking about possibly making a new Darkstalkers game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.