Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

David Hayter

Person » credited in 27 games

David Hayter is an actor, screenwriter, and voice actor best known for his role as Snake in the Metal Gear Solid games.

The end of a Hayter Snake era?

• 59 results
    Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

Poll The end of a Hayter Snake era? (80 votes)

Tired of it. 39%
    He's rich, bitch! 36%
    They want someone else. 25%

So Mr. Hayter posed an "informal" question to the twitterverse:

Informal Poll: How would you react if I didn't play Snake in the next Metal Gear?@HIDEO_KOJIMA_EN@Konami

Now, what does this mean?

1) Is he just tired of voicing Snake?

2) Does it just not pay enough for him to justify spending his time on it? His net worth is apparently 13 million which is not surprising if you know that he's the writer for several popular movies X-Men, X2, Scorpion, Watchmen (I guess that's a cult hit, right?) IS YOUR MIND BLOWN?

3) Konami wants someone else

NOTICE THIS IN THE TWEET? He linked Kojima and Konami to the twitter post. Is this because he wants to suggest something to them? Or is this because they asked him to throw a feeler out and wanted to see the responses.

• 
    salarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Hayters gonna hate or NO HAYTER = NO BUY

Am I using the internet right?

JZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By JZ

Hayter is snake like north is drake

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

No man, I need Hayter to voice Snake. I'm not tired of it one bit. Metal Gear is like this crazy drama that is sort of a comedy but you're not really sure and you need all those little pieces to fit together. A box scene, copious amounts of smoking, Johnny having diarrhea in a bathroom somewhere, and of course David Hayter being gravely as fuck.

Kerned

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

He's a screenwriter? Well maybe he's sick of reading all of the terrible, nonsensical dialogue they write for him in the MGS games.

Grixxel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I doubt it's because Kojima wants a change or Hayter wanting more money. His voice not being Snake's is going to be really fucking weird. I think we've reached the point that we need a good replacement for the characters (plural since it goes the same for big boss).

vilhelmnielsen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Kurt Russell should do the voice. Full Circle.

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

I don't imagine the poll really means anything, but if it is due to him ruining his voice imagine how fucked Quinton Flynn is gonna sound after Re-revengeance 2!

Rokkaku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

David has done a great job, and will forever be Snake for me. His dulcet tones have been entertaining me for over a decade, for if for whatever reason the end of his tenure as Snake has come, then so be it. Nothing can last for ever. Perhaps a new voice-actor will provide a chance to change-up Snake's character a bit, and to rejuvenate the MGS world around him. I loved 4, but that was the end of an era for me, and I'd love to see Kojima give the series a different feel. Whether he will...

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#59  Edited By Yummylee

I don't imagine the poll really means anything, but if it is due to him ruining his voice imagine how fucked Quinton Flynn is gonna sound after Re-revengeance 2!

Ha, Re-Revengeance would make for a superb subtitle for a Rising sequel.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.