Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Daybreak Games

Company »

Daybreak Games, formerly known as Sony Online Entertainment, is best known for their popular MMOs such as EverQuest, DC Universe Online, and PlanetSide. In 2020, Daybreak Games split into three separate development studios while the publishing side remained known as Daybreak Games.

Daybreak desperately trying to rewrite history to avoid having assets frozen

MrWakka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By MrWakka

So, remember when SOE was bought by Columbus Nova and made into Daybreak Games? Well it seems the owner of Columbus Nova, a Russian company called Renova, has had its american assets frozen by the U.S. government.

Since then Daybreak has been trying to say they are not in fact owned by them, but a single individual and that their privacy policy and all the press releases stating Columbus Nova is their parent company have been a mistake they just never got around to correcting over the last three years.

They have been deleting the sections on their website mentioning Columbus Nova, and IPs traced to both Daybreak and Renova have been editing the wikipedia page to remove mention of the connection.

Source: Massively's Coverage

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

lol seriously? that's a hell of a "mistake" for a company to make. silly.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

Wow. That seems like the worst course of action you could take.

CupOfDoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Ah yes, the master plan of editing wikipedia because, when the US government wants to know anything they look at the current version of the wikipage and no where else. I mean, where else could that information possibly be found?

meteora3255

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By meteora3255

Something makes me think this will turn out alright for Columbus Nova, I just can't seem to put my finger on it. I wonder if this is it:

Renova also owns an American subsidiary called Columbus Nova Technology Partners, which is run by Andrew Intrater, Vekselberg’s U.S. citizen cousin. Intrater donated $250,000 to Donald Trump’s inauguration fund, as well as $35,000 to a joint fundraising committee for Trump’s reelection and the Republican National Committee.

imhungry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

@cupofdoom: They chose to overlook the best source for videogames information because they know the feds won't go to a website about giant bombs.

On topic, this is really stupid but also kind of a bummer. I can't say I've been a fan of anything they've done in recent years but there's a hell of a legacy in their portfolio.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.