Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Days Gone

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Apr 26, 2019

An open-world survival action game from Sony's Bend studio.

On Sale: Worth it

Junkerman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

I initially avoided this game at launch due to the reviews but it my opinion its the second best exclusive after God of War this gen for PS4.

From what I can tell they put a lot of work post release on patching the game to fix bugs and adding some requested features; so if you were interested in the game and were on the fence about getting it I'd recommend checking it out. Picked up mine for less then 30 bucks Canadian and its more then worth it at that price point.

I've enjoyed the Story and exploring the environment. I wouldn't say it really innovates anything in the open world but its a lot more engaging then others I've tried playing.

TLDR; This is the first Open World game that's held my attention to the end this generation.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

There were a lot of low key supporters for Days Gone. Unfortunately, it seems like a lot of press gave up on it before release so it came and went.

Been tempted to try it myself but it seems like a real time commitment.

ThePanzini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By ThePanzini

Days Gone is the most 6/10 game I've ever played, mostly let down by its boring structure and predictable story.

Its shining moment or USP are the giant hordes which the game takes too long to show off and most are optional and easily avoided, its such a wasted opportunity which the game should have been built around.

NeverGameOver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#4  Edited By NeverGameOver

I enjoyed it and would say it's worth it for the horde mechanics. I ended up platinuming it. The story was pretty dull though.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Played through it before any big patches came along and hadn't gone back. It's a decent game for sure. I think the visuals are beautiful and I enjoyed going through that Oregon setting. To me, it's the worst of the best PS4 exclusive, but that doesn't mean bad.

Avatar image for deactivated-6321b685abb02
    deactivated-6321b685abb02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@junkerman: I noticed Days Gone and AC Odyssey on sale and only pulled the trigger on AC. Now I'm thinking I'll probably grab this before the sale ends so thanks for the recommendation.

It always looked pretty good to me, not reinventing the wheel but solid (I'd say the same for Odyssey tbf) and £20 (iirc) seems like a great price.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.