Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

DC Universe Online

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Jan 11, 2011

An MMO for the PC and consoles that allows you to fight for and alongside the forces of good or evil from the DC Comics Universe.

connection problems

McGriddle550

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By McGriddle550

Is anybody else have trouble connecting to the game? Like not even being able to get to the main menu.

MAST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By MAST

Yea, it just keeps timing out for me. Somethings wrong with the servers probably.

LadyShayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By LadyShayne

Same here. At first I was able to create a character until a few minutes in it would just drop me out and ask if I wanted to go with PVE or PVP before making me watch the intro cinematic again. I had to skip that cinematic more times than I care to mention, and now I can't even get that. Man, I never thought they would manage to make me miss that intro...

project343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#4  Edited By project343
    Avatar image for deactivated-61abb009b221e
    deactivated-61abb009b221e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

Yeah. They simply weren't ready for this. I don't recall them having stress testing before F2P launches, and since they're currently using "Mega Servers" to take the entire load of newcomers, something was bound to go wrong.

devilzrule27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By devilzrule27

PS3 server has been down almost all day. Oh well. They've gotten a boatload of new players. I think they said they got 120,000 new users just on the PC side and from playing the PS3 version yesterday there are definitely a ton of new users there too.

If you go to their website they have a server status icon.

McGriddle550

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By McGriddle550

im just glad to know its not just me

amomjc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8  Edited By amomjc

I cannot seem to finish making a character, it always boots me back to the "Select PVP/PVE" server and then makes me skip both of it's intros again. Kind of annoying because I was looking forward to giving this game a try and at the moment, it is really making a free game not worth a peek.

DougQuaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By DougQuaid

How do you get to the character select screen? I'm trying to get back into the game but the only option I have is it make a new character.

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
    WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By WinterSnowblind

I'm having a bit of fun playing this while waiting for the bigger releases to hit.. but yeah, it's barely working at this point. It's a shame they've been so unprepared, I imagine a lot of the new users are going to have lost interest by the time it's all sorted out.

devilzrule27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By devilzrule27

@WinterSnowblind: That is probably why they choose to hold off their TV advertising until later in the month. They said that they are planning a big TV and internet campaign so that should help get even more people into the game.

That said outside of the server going down I've had no issues, performance wise, with the game. No freezing, no long waits, no real bugs at all. Guess I've been lucky in that respect.

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
    WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By WinterSnowblind

@devilzrule27: I think it depends when you play. I'm in the UK and have had no problem during the day when I'm off work or late at night.. but right now it's laggy as hell, if you can even get on.

ComradeKhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By ComradeKhan

Yeah, is this still a problem for everyone? because I have yet to play the game or even see the main menu due to connection issues.

Euey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#14  Edited By Euey

Managed to start up & play about 4 hours worth yesterday evening but have been unable to get back in this morning.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.