Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

DC Universe Online

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Jan 11, 2011

An MMO for the PC and consoles that allows you to fight for and alongside the forces of good or evil from the DC Comics Universe.

DLC (paid ?! ) announced for DCUO

Nasos100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Nasos100

I just stumbled on an article in gamespot saying that SOE is releasing a DLC for DCUO for the price of 10 bucks. The DLC will include some new missions along with green lantern like powers for new characters.  
    While the green lantern powers thing sounds great and all, am i the only one here that is surprised by the fact that the game has a subscription AND asks money for core DLC?  
    WoW does something like that but its always for vanity stuff that most people dont care about ( mostly pets ) so i guess this is a first for this game. Also who is still playing this?

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6323256/dc-universe-online-lighting-green-lantern-dlc

strainedeyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By strainedeyes

Yeah fuck that. I enjoyed my free month, but stopped liking the game once I started paying for it. Their monthly updates have been very lackluster, and charging for the first additional powers is a huge bummer.

If the 10 extra dollars fixed the countless glitches I'd be more interested.

donchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By donchipotle

I'm down.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By toowalrus

It's like a WoW expansion, if it got kicked in the balls!

Nocall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Nocall

So I guess this expansion is free if (and only if) you are an active subscriber on September 6th. 

That seems kinda dumb. Not the free part, the "only to active subscribers" part. I can see this enticing a small amount of people to sub/resub to get it for free (not me, I love the game but only played for the free month because of the bugs/interface, so I won't buy anything without knowing about its actual functionality), but what about people who've never subbed before? They're going to have to buy the base game AND this...glorified content patch. That's not very appealing. This seems like a solution that only appeases current subscribers and won't draw in any new ones. 

Isn't that the idea? More subscribers = more money? Who thought this was a good idea. Just make the whole thing free for everyone (I don't want to bring up wow content patches, but, you know, I just did) whether current or former or brand new subscribers.

Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By Jeffsekai

I don;t think these companys understand how MMO's work.

Nocall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Nocall
    @Jeffsekai: Agreed. You'd think SOE would have figured things out by now--they've been doing MMOs for, what? 10+ years? But it seems everytime I hear about SOE doing something, it's always negative.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.