Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

DC Universe Online

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Jan 11, 2011

An MMO for the PC and consoles that allows you to fight for and alongside the forces of good or evil from the DC Comics Universe.

Free upgrade to CR 100!

The_Ruiner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

In honor of their 6th anniversary, DCUO is offering a free upgrade to any players that log on between now and Jan. 31st 2017. Essentially players have the chance to boost one (or two if you're a subscriber) of their playable characters up to Combat Rating 100. Complete with appropriate gear, skill points and feats. If you're new to the game it's probably a bad idea to skip basically 90% of the single player content. But if you've played through it already and just want to boost up an alt, it's very convenient.

Avatar image for colonel_pockets
    Colonel_Pockets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 46

I haven't played this game. Is it worth getting into? Keep in mind I haven't played a MMO before.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

I actually thought they shut this game down.

GalacticPunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Thanks for the heads-up. I played through the main stories and maxed the experience levels of a hero and villain years ago. I paid like $5 so my villain was a Yellow Lantern, but could never see the missions of that DLC because of the Combat Rating requirements. Repeating daily grinds for CR gear drove me off pretty quickly.

@colonel_pockets: Never played any MMO? Who knows if this one would click for you?

I'd say since so many MMO's are currently running and so many of them are free, pick whichever setting or intellectual property most appeals to you and dip your toes in.

Zelyre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Zelyre

@colonel_pockets: It's free, short of the bandwidth it takes to get it. It's ok, I guess. I thought the character creator was incredibly limited, but if you've never played City of Heroes/Villains, or Champions Online the creator is probably all right. Personally, I'd be really reluctant to put any real amount of money into it because...

@mike said:

I actually thought they shut this game down.

Being under the Daybreak umbrella, I'm sure it'll soon join other Daybreak titles like:

Everquest Next, Everquest Landmark, Legends of Norrath, Bullet Run, Magic the Gathering: Tactics, Fortune League, Star Wars Clone Wars, Free Realms, Pirates of the Burning Sea, Vanguard, Matrix Online, Everquest Adventures, Planetside, and Star Wars Galaxies.

And depending on how their licensing is, if Justice League explodes and is super awesome and that license fee changes, I really wouldn't have faith in Daybreak keeping the DC license.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.