Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

DC Universe Online

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Jan 11, 2011

An MMO for the PC and consoles that allows you to fight for and alongside the forces of good or evil from the DC Comics Universe.

In Lex We Trust

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 15

#1  Edited By cornbredx

Saw this on IGN. Hope it's ok if I post it here. Not sure whats coming but I suspect this alludes to something. Anyway, even if you don't like DCUO the videos for it are pretty fun to watch so may still be of interest. Was originaly posted on IGN on Feburary 1 I believe. Enjoy!

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By The_Laughing_Man

Did anyone really think luthor was really trying to help anyone but himself? 

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By cornbredx
    @The_Laughing_Man: I didn't. 
    What concerned me in the video was Batman helping him. I know why he is, but it's a shame he was so easily duped. 
    I am interested to see how this whole thing pans out.
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @CornBREDX said:
    " @The_Laughing_Man: I didn't.  What concerned me in the video was Batman helping him. I know why he is, but it's a shame he was so easily duped.  I am interested to see how this whole thing pans out. "
    What surprised me was batman using a gun (laser firing thing) And when batman says" I will find you" He means that shit. even know I do not play the game I love the CG shit that came with this game and I have that opening CG for the game saved on my laptop. 
    dapperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By dapperman

its fitting that batman is the last man in that world.... he's a cockroach.... and we haven't seen the end of him

The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @johnnysasaki said:
    " its fitting that batman is the last man in that world.... he's a cockroach.... and we haven't seen the end of him "
    Hes not the last man in the world. That trailer did not say that Fracture died. He was shocked.  
    phantomzxro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By phantomzxro

Yeah i watch it at ign it was pretty sweet but you know batman will be back. He always has a back up plan!
    cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By cornbredx
    @The_Laughing_Man:  Ya, the CG videos for this game are superb. I was hoping even if people that don't like the game see it they can at least appreciate how cool these videos are.

@johnnysasaki:
    He's not really the last man. He's there to finish collecting the Exobytes with future Lex. Future Lex brought one of his newly made meta students to test out his abilities provided by the Exobytes. In typical Lex Luthor fashion him bringing him was only meant to see how well it worked, and as you see in the video when hes done with his rats he gets rid of them. 

I'm interested to see what he is planning, though, as I believe at the end there he is meeting up with his present self. I don't know if this is already handled in game (I haven't comepleted any raids yet) but I know Lex is going to do something with those Exobytes, and it won't be good for the hero side when he does.

All speculation of course =)
    BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By BraveToaster

Batman looks bad. 

:(

The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @CornBREDX said:

" @The_Laughing_Man:  Ya, the CG videos for this game are superb. I was hoping even if people that don't like the game see it they can at least appreciate how cool these videos are.

@johnnysasaki: He's not really the last man. He's there to finish collecting the Exobytes with future Lex. Future Lex brought one of his newly made meta students to test out his abilities provided by the Exobytes. In typical Lex Luthor fashion him bringing him was only meant to see how well it worked, and as you see in the video when hes done with his rats he gets rid of them.   I'm interested to see what he is planning, though, as I believe at the end there he is meeting up with his present self. I don't know if this is already handled in game (I haven't comepleted any raids yet) but I know Lex is going to do something with those Exobytes, and it won't be good for the hero side when he does.  All speculation of course =) "

Course if you think about it. Doesnt this trailer contradict the opening one? Cause..it looks like in that one batman is killed.  

That or this confirms all the other super heros where killed in that battle cept for the tree at the portal. And we are seeing hte after effect of the rocket on batman (Robo arm and all) 
    cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By cornbredx
    @Axxol:  I have been re-thinking this in my head, and I think that's future batman- who got blown up in the first video and lassoed but didn't actually get killed. This would explain why he looks that way and also help to figure out how Lex got the idea to use the Exobytes in the past to create a super villain army.

I'm not sure if Fracture is dead though. Being shocked doesn't imply dead so he could still be there too.

Time travel can be tricky sometimes, haha
    cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By cornbredx
    @The_Laughing_Man:  Ya, it's so hard to tell. Batman was the most vague ending of all the heroes in the original so I suspect that's why they are saying he survived.

Fractures "death" is also vague, so it's possible he's still alive too.
    BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By BraveToaster
    @CornBREDX said:
    " @Axxol:  I have been re-thinking this in my head, and I think that's future batman- who got blown up in the first video and lassoed but didn't actually get killed. This would explain why he looks that way and also help to figure out how Lex got the idea to use the Exobytes in the past to create a super villain army.  I'm not sure if Fracture is dead though. Being shocked doesn't imply dead so he could still be there too.  Time travel can be tricky sometimes, haha "
    Yeah, I figured that was future Batman who was blown up blah blah blah. But still, it kind of sucks to see him like that. Kind of reminds me of Freddy Kruger.
    cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By cornbredx
    @Axxol: Ya, sadly that happens when you get blown up. 

Good news though is that can be changed since Luthor went into the past to warn them. Although, being that he is Lex Luthor bad things can still come of it. At least present day batman doesnt look like that. I guess we can take solace in that much =)

An ya, I feel dumb about it but at first I didn't realize the video was from the future perspective. Took me a minute to realize that haha
    Strangely, though, most my comments still apply =P
    BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By BraveToaster
    @CornBREDX said:

" @Axxol: Ya, sadly that happens when you get blown up.     

No offense, but: 

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By cornbredx
    @Axxol: Touche' haha

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.