Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dead Cells

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released May 10, 2017

Dead Cells is a metroidvania style rogue-lite set in an ever-changing castle.

Shield usage

sweetz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Disclaimer: I am a mid-30s gamer of low to middling skill/reflexes at best.

Shields seem terrible me, is there something I'm missing? I know you can parry with a well timed button press, but any time I try to use them, I just end up taking way more damage than if I focus on simply dodging and quickly killing the enemies with other weapons.

Rejizzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Personally I've found more use for offensive based shields like the spiked shield. You do a parry with that thing and it sends the enemy into next week! The "After Parry next attack deals %300 damage" is also a favorite buff of mine to use with broadswords or heavy crossbows. Then there's the perk where you regain health every time you parry.

Basically what I'm saying is, the utility of shields usually come more from the perks and buffs you get than their base function.

cmblasko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In the same boat, tried shield a few times but just didn't seem useful.

SethMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Some of the later game shields, like one you can get the blueprint for at the Clock Tower, are pretty great. Still, having said that, I just am not good enough an managing my character, the bad dudes, and my own desire to freak out and panic well enough to ever use them past basically, level 2 or 3.

JonRambo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ahh, that makes sense. I tried the starting shield and thought it was terrible compared to the bow. So when I get in farther I never picked up the other shields over other things. I may unlock some more of the shield blueprints I have and try them out.

ATastySlurpee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I havent tried a shield yet. I mostly go with range builds. I need to try one

Benzur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Having played the earlier beta builds, I never found an incentive to use the shields. You basically are just putting yourself at risk instead of dodging out of the way. The shields always felt clunky to me, but maybe the latest release of the game has resolved some of those issues. I'd have to dig back in.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.