Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dead Island: Definitive Collection

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released May 31, 2016

Dead Island and Dead Island: Riptide remastered into one collection. Also includes the all new Dead Island Retro Revenge.

Pretty impressed with the new Dead Island remaster

Avatar image for deactivated-5a00c029ab7c1
    deactivated-5a00c029ab7c1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Well I have to say buying the original Dead Island years ago the game has major issues that Techland never fixed on PC trying to get through it was a hassle but I still somewhat enjoyed it.I was interested when I heard they where remastering it my hope was now I can play the game without issues.Well I'm glad to say playing this game so far has been fun as hell with no issues and I'm actually impressed with the graphics upgrade they did and the combat in this game is still really satisfy. This really makes me want a Dead Island 2 although it sounds like it's going through development hell. Anyways anyone else like this game? I know the bugs ruined it for alot of people the first time around but now without the issues so far this game has been a blast to play here's some screenshots this game really does look nice.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    KillEm_Dafoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

I did like the original Dead Island a fair bit, and from what I've seen, they've done an admiral job with this remaster. It looks quite nice. But at the same time, I'm not sure why anyone would play this when Dying Light exists.

Avatar image for adequatelyprepared
    AdequatelyPrepared

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I...wow, that last screenshot actually looks really good.

darkvare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

i watched some videos of graphics comparasions and the difference is quite noticeable but one thing that stuck with me is that sinamoy looks older lol

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Glad that they didn't half ass it. I loved the original games, so it looks like I'll be double dipping at some point.

newmoneytrash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#6  Edited By newmoneytrash

it's awesome that this is only $3 if you own the original on steam

i was interested in this, but really only liked the first area of the first game but such a low buy in made it an easy decision

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@onekillwonder_ said:

I did like the original Dead Island a fair bit, and from what I've seen, they've done an admiral job with this remaster. It looks quite nice. But at the same time, I'm not sure why anyone would play this when Dying Light exists.

True. I could take advantage of the 'loyalty discount', but I didn't really play much of the first game and in turn would just be spending money for the sake of it. Plus I got my fill of the whole zombie thing with Resident Evil, Fallout, Zombieland, Shaun of the Dead, Lollipop Chainsaw, Highschool of the Dead, and other things with "zombie", "dead", "living dead" and "of the dead" in the name that I'm forgetting at the moment.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So the pc version is just bug fixes??? Fuck that! I never got into it long enough to encounter any bugs though, it seemed fine but it's in the backlog of no return.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

It looks pretty nice but then comes the realization that you actually have to play Dead Island.

villainy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So the pc version is just bug fixes??? Fuck that!

Where did you get that from?

onarum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really liked this stupid game, the characters are generic, the voice acting is ridiculous and the story is dumb, but that combat is sooo good (if you play it with analog combat of course), just managing big crowds of baddies was fantastic, you slice a dude's arm off, turn around quickly and kick another one, only to barely dodge an attack from a third one, then you chop the head off of the one you had previously and literally disarmed, makes you feel like a bad ass.

I know this opinion is highly unpopular but dying light's combat, to me, was a huge immense downgrade.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.