Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dead Island

Game » consists of 24 releases. Released Sep 06, 2011

After a zombie virus sweeps across a beautiful island resort, survivors must fight their way to freedom while trying to find out exactly what went down in this open-world first-person action game.

DLC Finally Out!! Anyone still playing?

david3cm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By david3cm

So the DLC for Dead Island, Bloodbath Arena, is FINALLY out after being announced before the games release. But I am wondering, does anyone actually care at this point. I had a ton of fun with this game when it came out, even with all the super frustrating parts that came along with it. But after playing through the first chapter multiple times, after already beating it trying to get all the achievements I found myself unable to play anymore of the story to grind out the get to level 50 achievement, so I was patiently waiting for new content to hit the level cap with. But after delaying this so many times, and a bunch of new amazing games coming out, do any of you giant bombers actually care, or is this collecting dust on the marketplace as everyone is slaying dragons and strapping it on. Also, no trailer for the DLC? That seems to be a rarity this day and age.

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Ravenlight

@david3cm said:

does anyone actually care at this point.

I'm wondering the same thing. Dead Island seemed like a flash-in-the-pan. I stopped hearing anyone talk about it around the time the GB crew did their infamous truck TNT.

Avatar image for deactivated-65f0b21bb6a1a
    deactivated-65f0b21bb6a1a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I'm going to give it a go but I havent touched it since all the multiplayer issues, so if its still the same I wont be playing long.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#4  Edited By Hizang

I really loved Dead Island, one of the best games of the year. But I've moved on from Dead Island now, besides isn't it just arena combat?

david3cm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By david3cm

@Hizang: It's not just arena combat, it's bloodbath arena combat. Im guessing they are pretty much the same thing though.

INV2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By INV2

@david3cm:

...I can most certainly sympathize with you...it was quite a grind to get that last achievement for level 50. But I did it.

Sigh....I feel like I should make some sort of effort to snag the new achievements to claim my righteously-earned S-Rank, but yeah, not sure if I can take Dead Island arena combat.

EDIT

Got the DLC and the achievements. It was NOT worth the ten bucks.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.