Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dead Island

Game » consists of 24 releases. Released Sep 06, 2011

After a zombie virus sweeps across a beautiful island resort, survivors must fight their way to freedom while trying to find out exactly what went down in this open-world first-person action game.

New Games+? Well... Not quiet...

nohthink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By nohthink

I finished the game and enjoyed every second of it. The last boss was dumb and it did get a little tedious at the end but I didn't think it hurt the game at all.

But!

When I tried to do the New Game+, I could not help myself but very disappointed by how the game handled it. The quest gives you the game same amount of experience points that it gave you during the first play through! I understand that once you finished the game, there is no point for you to actually do the quest again. But not giving you the same experience points(400 xp??!!) does not make sense to me. Enemies level up as you level up but in order to get out of the resort, you have to do the quests. I would argue that is definitely a mistake by the developers.

Also, when you tried to join other people's games, it does not sort out the game by someone who is similar level as you. There were numerous times that I joined a game by a host whose level was less than 5. Arrrgghhh!!! I wanna roll around with level 30 people!!(me being 35) Huge HUGE!!! miss opportunity!!

mfpantst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By mfpantst

Well, thanks for letting me know the new game+ is not muted!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.