Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dead or Alive 5

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Sep 25, 2012

Dead or Alive 5 is the seventh entry in the Dead or Alive fighting game franchise, introducing a new visual style, new game mechanics, and highly interactive stages.

Want them swimsuit costumes? Give Gamestop $80.

• 68 results
    musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#1  Edited By musubi

http://www.gamestop.com/xbox-360/games/dead-or-alive-5-gamestop-exclusive-collectors-edition/103035

So as with Ninja Gaiden 3 gamestop has apareently bizarrely secured a gamestop exclusive Limited Edition.

As listed on the site it includes:

Dead Or Alive 5 GameStop Exclusive Collector's Edition

• Premium Embossed Steel Case Packing
    • Dead Or Alive 5 game
    • Exclusive Hardcover Art Book
    • Premium Swimsuit Costumes for the full cast of playable female characters in the game
    • Official Game Soundtrack CD
    • Dead Or Alive 5 "I'm a Fighter" Poster

So uh.... guess I'm getting it from Gamestop. >_>;;

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By JJOR64

I'm still going to wait and see if this game is good or not. Not sure if the new Team Ninja will deliver on there first fighter. Their first action game was ass.

psykhophear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 142

#3  Edited By psykhophear

@JJOR64 said:

I'm still going to wait and see if this game is good or not. Not sure if the new Team Ninja will deliver on there first fighter. Their first action game was ass.

Agreed.

coakroach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By coakroach

Gross.

korwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By korwin

Oh noes, gamestop locked away the boobs! This may be the most gross of all pre-order content ransoms yet.

bed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 24

#6  Edited By bed

this is probably the most disgusting thing to come out of Dead or Alive 5 so far. at least for me, anyway. i'm sure lots of people will enjoy this.

MikeGosot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By MikeGosot
    @AjayRaz said:

this is probably the most disgusting thing to come out of Dead or Alive 5 so far. at least for me, anyway. i'm sure lots of people will enjoy this.

At least it's not the most disgusting thing on the entire franchise.
    Master_Funk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By Master_Funk

Pay more money to see virtual boobs that move like the guy who designed them has never seen real boobs before ?

SIgn my the fuck up !

bed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 24

#9  Edited By bed

@MikeGosot said:

@AjayRaz said:

At least it's not the most disgusting thing on the entire franchise.

at least.

NMC2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#10  Edited By NMC2008

*sigh*

Here we go. -_- I can feel a storm coming, a shitstorm made of shit. Don't disappoint disappointing me folks.

jonnyboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#11  Edited By jonnyboy

Let's not forget the Saboteur. Before EA realised it needed to shoehorn in multiplayer into it's game to justify an online pass, they only permitted the purchasers of new copies to see topless prostitutes, plus access to extra brothels.

Probably the most offensive thing to happen in video games in recent memory. Not the fact that that we were dealing with exposed boobs, rather the fact that EA considered their customers, and by extension most loyal customers, utter perverts.

Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12  Edited By Oldirtybearon

@jonnyboy said:

Let's not forget the Saboteur. Before EA realised it needed to shoehorn in multiplayer into it's game to justify an online pass, they only permitted the purchasers of new copies to see topless prostitutes, plus access to extra brothels.

Probably the most offensive thing to happen in video games in recent memory. Not the fact that that we were dealing with exposed boobs, rather the fact that EA considered their customers, and by extension most loyal customers, utter perverts.

having played the Saboteur (and it's clear you haven't), I can tell you that the Midnight Show online pass amounted to the following:

• More hideouts to hide from Nazis while they were hunting you

that's it. The whole "But zee hookers! Zey are tupless!" thing was a huge blow up over nothing. Yes the prostitutes/burlesque dancers were topless in the Midnight Show online pass, but the game never drew attention to it, ever. They treated their audience like adults, which is something you apparently can't do. They were always meant to be topless, but this was the end of 2008 and nobody was quite sure how the ESRB would react to tits in a major release just yet. Hence, Midnight Show.

And just for the record, it's okay to look at breasts. It's especially okay if they're fake video game breasts. You're not a pervert for liking boobs. You're normal. Utterly. Fucking. Normal.

WarlordPayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By WarlordPayne

@jonnyboy said:

EA's most loyal customers would have been buying the game new, so it wouldn't have mattered to them one way or the other.

EA was calling its least loyal customers perverts, assuming that bare breasts(which were nearly naked even without the dlc thing) would be enough to get them to switch from used to new.

Also, I'm kind of shocked that they only have swimsuits for the females. I mean, I know that the series has always been about tits but I always assumed that they made suits for the guys, too, because why wouldn't you?

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
    MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#14  Edited By MariachiMacabre

@Oldirtybearon said:

@jonnyboy said:

having played the Saboteur (and it's clear you haven't), I can tell you that the Midnight Show online pass amounted to the following:

that's it. The whole "But zee hookers! Zey are tupless!" thing was a huge blow up over nothing. Yes the prostitutes/burlesque dancers were topless in the Midnight Show online pass, but the game never drew attention to it, ever. They treated their audience like adults, which is something you apparently can't do. They were always meant to be topless, but this was the end of 2008 and nobody was quite sure how the ESRB would react to tits in a major release just yet. Hence, Midnight Show.

And just for the record, it's okay to look at breasts. It's especially okay if they're fake video game breasts. You're not a pervert for liking boobs. You're normal. Utterly. Fucking. Normal.

Oh thank god! I was always so ashamed to come out and say I was sexually attracted to women. But...I've now come to realize that I'm not a freak. Thank you, sir. Thank you.

Also, I agree with you. I don't give a shit if there's nudity in a brothel in an M-rated game. As long as it's treated with respect and not just "HO SHIT DUDE LOOK AT DEM TITTIEZ!"
    fox01313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#15  Edited By fox01313

Considering how much the DOA series has been with the beach volleyball games, something like swimsuit alternate costumes seems rather silly to me. As flimsy as the DOA beach volleyball games were, this was their whole purpose, with this DOA game the swimsuit costumes just feels like it's DLC thrown in at the last minute to get sales but guessing now that it's not going to be worth it.

Strife777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Strife777

I'll take two please!

(Not really, I don't care about the DoA series)

Also, they should put swimsuits for every character, male included, would probably look less exploitative.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By musubi

@Oldirtybearon said:

@jonnyboy said:

Agreed. The Sabetour stuff was fine. I mean... for gods sake it was a strip club. It fit the locale and it was the one and ONLY locale in the game where the nudity was present. And like 90% of your time you were never even near the brothel unless you were picking up a mission from one of the like two contacts that you ever had to meet there. There was almost zero reason to go back otherwise. That was much ado about nothing.

Alkaiser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Alkaiser

Is anyone really surprised by this? DOA pretty much exists as Cheesecake: The Game. Also there may be fighting.

_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By _Zombie_

Lolno.

Lunar_Aura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Lunar_Aura

As long as it's just costumes and not entire characters then it's passable.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By musubi

@Lunar_Aura: They've already said there is not going to be any character DLC. Roster is complete when the game ships.

Slurpelve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Slurpelve

Ohh yes, Love me some boob physics!

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#23  Edited By Hailinel

@JJOR64 said:

This isn't their first. The developed DOA: Dimensions.

Toxeia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#24  Edited By Toxeia

I've made it a stance to not purchase any games that have specific-store bonuses. Also, fuck Gamestop. Also, I don't have any current-gen consoles so that's more of a coincidence than a stance, but that bit about Gamestop, totally applicable.

AngelN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By AngelN7

Whatever man I still want the game (yes there's fighting) looks really fun from what I've seen, don't care about exclusive costumes there's a ton already in the game and I still cannot belive that's the acutal cover.

Doctorchimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Doctorchimp

So what are they going to put in to make you grind those bullshit trials now?

Getz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Getz

They'll probably just sell them individually for 3 bucks a piece eventually. Save your money man, seriously. You could buy like, 6 whiskey sours instead.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By musubi

I just hope they have the rediculous amount of costumes that were in Dead or Alive 2 Ultimate each characters had tons of stuff. It was great. I'm really excited to see what kind of costumes they give Ryu. I end up playing Ryu way more than anyone else because well... its fucking Ryu and I'm a huge Ninja Gaiden fan. Izuna Drop all day son!

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By musubi

So here are pictures of two of the said costumes....

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Dany

What a terrible pre-order bonus. If I were a straight man I would be ashamed to pre-order DOA5 to get my BIKINI COSTUMES

HiCZoK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By HiCZoK

80 fucking dollars ? WTF....

JTB123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 6

#32  Edited By JTB123

This really isn't that surprising, the DOA games have always had tons of costumes, and since the last one came out paying extra for that kind of stuff has become quite common. I bet there's still DLC costumes planned though, they always go crazy with this stuff, I just hope it's still a decent fighting game.

MideonNViscera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By MideonNViscera

You could just buy the game that revolves entirely around these girls in swimsuits for like $5 ya know.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By musubi

@HiCZoK: What? Thats a fairly common price for LE's. Seems like a pretty fair price for this.

Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Dany

@Demoskinos: For costumes as the pre-order incentive, no thanks. I mean, they are all cosmetic, at least when a fps has a pre order bonus of a GUN or armor, there are stats associated, this is just dumb.

HiCZoK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By HiCZoK

not at all. as Dany said. mostly cosmetic stuff for dumb-boobie-fighting game :nono:

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By musubi

@Dany: Its not a preorder bonus. Its a collectors edition and you get other items. And yeah, they are all cosmetic but who cares? People like cosmetic items look at TF2. Shit, I've paid $12 for a hat on there before myself. I get it you don't like this... thats fine. Me? I'm going to buy it because it seems well worth it to me.

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By penguindust

Meh, they aren't the jeweled swimsuits from DOAX so, I don't care. It you're gonna go smutty, go all the way.

LikeaSsur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By LikeaSsur

@Korwin said:

Oh noes, gamestop locked away the boobs! This may be the most gross of all pre-order content ransoms yet.

Catherine pre-order?

Anyways, this isn't Gamestop's fault, just to set the record straight. Team Ninja decided to let Gamestop have that deal, so put blame where blame is due.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By MikkaQ

A fire is burning in my loins!

Actually, damn that's probably just the clap.

XenoNick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#41  Edited By XenoNick

This is also available in the UK. Got my pre-order of shopto.net £54.99

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

#42  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

Converting that into pounds, it's only about £11 more for the limited edition version than it would be for the regular (assuming they're selling it for the standard £40). I think there's a fair argument that £40 being the standard price for a game isn't so great to begin with, but considering you're getting a CD, a poster, a fancy case, an art book, and the costumes, it doesn't seem that bad.

Mr_Skeleton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#43  Edited By Mr_Skeleton

I don't know what people thought this game wouldn't be exploitative towards women, I mean come on.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#44  Edited By monkeyking1969

@Oldirtybearon said:

@jonnyboy said:

Yup, the Midnight Show stuff was interesting for a few seconds...then I just went on to play the rest of a excellent game. Man, I really wish someone would pick up that property, someone like Rock-star could makes an excellent sequel. And, you right about breasts - it is VERY okay to look at breasts as long as you understand there is more to a person then their physical attributes.

Morrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Morrow

Appropriate towards the target audience I guess.

laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#46  Edited By laserbolts

Doesn't really bother me since I doubt I will be getting the game anyways. Loving the saboteur love in this thread though.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#47  Edited By JasonR86

It's good to know that the Dead or Alive team still hasn't learned anything. I wonder if the boobs will still move like they are full of water? I bet that'll be super-sexy in swimsuits.

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By AlexW00d

@Morrow said:

Appropriate towards the target audience I guess.

Exactly what I thought. That and the fact that this would just make most people who were already gonna buy it spend an extra 20 bucks.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#49  Edited By Hailinel

@JasonR86 said:

It's good to know that the Dead or Alive team still hasn't learned anything. I wonder if the boobs will still move like they are full of water? I bet that'll be super-sexy in swimsuits.

Honestly, I think most people would be shocked and disappointed if DOA breast physics suddenly started behaving in any way comparable to reality.

BaneFireLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By BaneFireLord

If I want to look at hot girls in bikinis, I only need to Ctrl-T over to Google Images and type in "hot girls in bikinis." It's free, and there are literally millions of such pictures. If I want videos with similar content, I can perform an identical YouTube search.  Why on earth someone would pay a $20 premium to see a bunch of virtual women, firmly stuck in the uncanny valley and probably aliased all to hell, fighting each other in swimsuits is utterly beyond me.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.