Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dead or Alive 6

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Mar 01, 2019

Dead or Alive returns for its sixth main entry in the franchise with several new features and mechanics.

A few questions about the demo

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By veektarius

So I'm not much of a competitive fighting game player, but I've been trying a little bit with SoulCalibur VI and now this. I have a couple question, first about connectivity and second about DOA mechanics

1) 9/10 matches are stuttery as hell, and in a timing based game like this, it's just more than I can handle. I assume that the problem is probably me rather than my opponents, but I have no problem playing shooters in most cases. Are online fighting games basically impossible to play without a wired connection? (the layout of my apartment makes this very difficult)

2) A lot of the time I'll get caught in my opponent's attack string for a significant period of time. I'll be holding block but at no point does my character try to block, even though it seems as though there was time. Is there a mechanic for reengaging your block, e.g. you have to release and press the block button again?

BoOzak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By BoOzak

1) Some matches can be a bit spotty but no more so than SoulCalibur 6, it's generally smoother than DOA5LR was. (for me)

2) You might be talking about the fatal stun mechanic, certain attacks can prevent you from blocking for a little while. The Break hold mechanic (backwards and special) can prevent this with a counter but it costs half your break guage.

If you're unsure about the systems the combo training and command training teaches you some of this stuff. I'm still learning things myself so apologies if some of the terminology is a bit off.

EDIT: I guess I should say i'm using Wi-Fi but my internet is pretty fast so maybe that counteracts it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.