Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dead or Alive 6

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Mar 01, 2019

Dead or Alive returns for its sixth main entry in the franchise with several new features and mechanics.

Dead or Alive 6 is happening.

BoOzak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

It's about damn time too. It's apparently coming early 2019 on a new engine, which is also overdue for Team Ninja. (Looks great!)

(I know mods are on trailer duty, but i'm actually excited about this one so I thought i'd post it)

PerfidiousSinn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 3

Just confirming here publicly that I'll be the best Dead or Alive 6 player

monetarydread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Awesome. DOA2 on the Dreamcast is still my favourite fighting game and I have put almost as much time high-score chasing in the series survival mode as I have spent playing Geometry Wars.

BrunoTheThird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By BrunoTheThird

All I want is that Bon Jovi song of the same name by a J-rock band in the trailer. Is that too much to ask?!

nutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

DOA is a huge guilty pleasure for me...I do wish they’d focus less on the cheeseball T&A stuff. Love the team play, interactive stages, and reversal system, though.

hmoney001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"I'm a fighter."

ESREVER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

So excited for this! A bunch of us in the GB FGC discord are pretty stoked for this reveal and will probably be mashing some DOA5 in anticipation for this release.

Helena looking excellent as always.

Anyway, come mash fighting games with us! https://discord.gg/ZBhA7zA

VeggiesBro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nutter: In the associated IGN article they are on the record saying no jiggly boobs, and less sexualized females. I am super excited for this as it is really the only fighting game series I enjoy.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

But will it have schoolgirls and bikinis DLC?

Namoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

I'm done. Wrap it up. This E3 is already a win for me and it hasn't even started yet. If I had to make a list of my most wanted announcements, this makes top 3 easy. I'm so fucking excited.

liquiddragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

Crazily restrained trailer.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ba16609964d9
    deactivated-5ba16609964d9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

Obvious boob jokes aside the Dead or Alive games are solid fighting games. I got the sense that 5 was going to be the end of the franchise so this gives me hope we will someday get Virtua Fighter 6.

bybeach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I've always thought the red haired lady was purty.

nutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@veggiesbro: Cool. I don’t mind a little skin. Every fighter has it. Most people in combat sports aren’t wearing full track suits. But there was always this pervy quality to DOA that was groan-inducing.

Taking that down a few notches is for the best.

VeggiesBro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nutter: Yeah it is absolutely a good direction. Like you said they are just a bit too pervy, so this is a great step forward. Though I’m sure there will be the dlc with skimpy outfits too.

shiftymagician

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Glad to hear another one of these is being developed and with hopefully more focus on the fighting than the TnA. E3 is already looking good this year for me :D

nutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@veggiesbro: Yeah, you know the bikini packs make them some money...

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So since Team Ninja is trying not to be so lewd with this one, I guess the odds of a Senran Kagura crossover are slimmer than they were last time.

JunkerWoland

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@facelessvixen: There's always DoAX. The SK girls already have their swimsuits!

Talking about the game, much as I really dig fighters, I'm no FCG or eSports person. I want the legit sexy in my DoA, and I'm not liking the messaging that's currently circulating about the game. We'll see, of course.

BoOzak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Theres some new gameplay footage in this interview with IGN. I didnt really learn much (it was a bad interview) but it seems like they replaced the Power Blow mechanic with the Critical Rush attack which will use the break guage (below the health bar) which seems to fill up as you land attacks and recieve them. It will also be executed using one button for all characters, similar to an X-Ray attack (from MK) by the looks of it. I'm fine with this change. I've never been a fan of attacks you can only use after taking damage.

The story mode is also going to be less confusing apparently, (not everything will be happening at the "-SAME TIME-" if I had to guess) and there are no plans for a Switch version.

KittenTactics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm super excited, Dead or Alive is the only non-NetherRealm fighting series that I play and enjoy regularly. Dead or Alive may be known as the titty fighter, but I genuinely find the gameplay way faster and more fluid than any other series out there, it's a fighting system that was built specifically for me. I've honestly never minded the cheese factor, but what tipped the scales into true creepy town for me was the addition of Marie Rose and Honoka. They looked like children, and I was never comfortable that they sexualized those characters and just had the excuse of "they're 18, we promise". I hope they aren't in the game, they didn't even add a fun gameplay wrinkle like the Virtua Fighter characters and Mai did.

breq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Having their cake and (trying to) eat it too!

"Hey we toned down the front facing anime tiddies for western folk, but boy-oh-boy are you gonna love our deluge of dlc costumes!"

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By NTM

I used to like DOA quite a bit, well that goes for fighting games in general, but I don't play fighting games much anymore and it's not really a genre I buy now. That said, I hope it turns out great. This really just makes me want a new, good Ninja Gaiden game.

Avatar image for deactivated-60dda8699e35a
    deactivated-60dda8699e35a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kittentactics said:

I'm super excited, Dead or Alive is the only non-NetherRealm fighting series that I play and enjoy regularly. Dead or Alive may be known as the titty fighter, but I genuinely find the gameplay way faster and more fluid than any other series out there, it's a fighting system that was built specifically for me. I've honestly never minded the cheese factor, but what tipped the scales into true creepy town for me was the addition of Marie Rose and Honoka. They looked like children, and I was never comfortable that they sexualized those characters and just had the excuse of "they're 18, we promise". I hope they aren't in the game, they didn't even add a fun gameplay wrinkle like the Virtua Fighter characters and Mai did.

Honoka and Marie Rose are without a doubt the worst thing to happen to DoA. The games have always been a bit heavy on the sexualization of female characters, and that's cool and all, I love me some sexy women, but with the introduction of those two horrible characters, the series took a huge nose-dive into just becoming a perverted mess. Somehow they became the entire face of the franchise despite being fucking DLC characters.

BoOzak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By BoOzak

@random45: Honoka was especially egregious because she was just a random assortment of other peoples moves that didnt flow well together (i'm sure there are law reasons for this, but it's very convenient/lazy) combined with the most standard high school girl character design you could get.

@ntm said:

I used to like DOA quite a bit, well that goes for fighting games in general, but I don't play fighting games much anymore and it's not really a genre I buy now. That said, I hope it turns out great. This really just makes me want a new, good Ninja Gaiden game.

Yeah i'd really like a new Ninja Gaiden. I liked Nioh but i'm quite burnt out on souls style games. I remember the director of Nioh saying that game was a gateway to a new Ninja Gaiden but I wonder if the success of Nioh and the decline of popularity of more standard action games will effect that.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By NTM

@boozak: Did you mean Nioh in the second sentence as opposed to Nier? Just curious. I'm not really burnt out on Souls-Borne games, and I really liked Nioh, but I would hope if a new Ninja Gaiden came out, it didn't come out like a Souls game since Ninja Gaiden has always been a challenging game but fast-paced, while Nioh and Souls aren't necessarily. Also, maybe you meant Nioh instead of Nier, but I do want to finish Nier at some point too! I was wondering if I should start over on hard. I'd do it when/if I get a PS4 Pro though.

BoOzak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ntm: Yeah, I did mean Nioh, already edited it ;p

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@facelessvixen: There's always DoAX. The SK girls already have their swimsuits!

I honestly thought you were talking about Dead or Alive 10 for a second since I forget that the Xtreme "games" are a thing .

Avatar image for atheistpreacher
    AtheistPreacher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm holding out until Gen Fu is confirmed. :-P

...but no, seriously though. I know he's one of the least popular characters, but he also happens to be my favorite. If they finally decide to drop him I'll stick with DOA5. Either way I don't see paying full price for it.

BoOzak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By BoOzak

I think someone got lost on their way to the Youtube comments section.

Anyway, I found this video that goes into the details about what they're actually adding/chaging and i'm not sure i'm a fan.

Loading Video...

It seems that you can do a Critical Rush whenever and it's the Break Blow and Break Hold that use the special meter.

The Break Hold can counter any strike regardless of whether it's high/med/low and The Break Blow can go be used while being attacked but can be blocked and still uses meter.

It just seems like an easy way to eliminate the guess work, which is fine I guess, it's not going to win you the match unless you also know how to fight but it just seems like a cheap attack akin to the combo breakers in MK.

I'm still hyped for the game though. I hope theres still crazy stage interactions, they still havent shown any of that aside from the crowds pushing you a bit.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.