Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dead Rising 2: Case Zero

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released Aug 31, 2010

The downloadable prologue to Dead Rising 2 (exclusive to the Xbox 360) gives players a taste of the new "Combo Weapon" mechanic, as Chuck Greene must escape the zombie-infested rural town of Still Creek while preventing his daughter from succumbing to the zombie plague.

Infinite Time Glitch

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

#1  Edited By alistercat

I have a feeling that a lot of people are going to want to try this, so I'm posting it here to give people the chance to just mess around in 1 game for as long as they want without restarting it. I take no credit for this glitch, and as of this post I have not tried it but other people have and it seems to work. Here is the procedure:

Source:  http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/989132-dead-rising-2-case-zero/56224076

1. Start game go to ambulance and retrieve Zombrex
    2. Waist time around till it tells you to give Katey Zombrex and give it to her.
    3. Once that's all set run back and get the bike and take it to the front of the safe house. BUT NOT CLOSE WHERE IT TRIGGERS THE BIKE CUT-SCENE!!!!!!
    4. Sit outside and wait till you have 1min left before the military arrives then quickly take the bike and bring it inside. Let the cut-scene play then the glitch is active.
    5. leave the safe room and it should say the military has arrived but nothing will happen 

If this method doesn't work look for a variant in the thread. Basically the method seems to be that you give Katey her Zombrex but do not return the bike to the garage when it gives you the cart. You have to wait until the last minute to do it. I don't believe survivors will spawn, or anything. The OP gives a fair warning about what you can and can't do.

Just do not return to the garage until at least 12:00 am 9/13 or your game will end. After this time , you should be able to return to the garage whenever you want.I always save outside the garage anyway. Also, when you save your game, it will say FAILED.

Here is a video showing the glitch: (please note that in this instance there are no zombies in the infinite time glitch, which can happen sometimes)

Let me know if this glitch works for you guys. I'm about to go and try it myself.
    jfsimard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By jfsimard

" 2. Waist time around till it tells you to give Katey Zombrex and give it to her.    " 

Tell me, how does one "waist" time? Cause I only know how to "waste" time myself.

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By alistercat
    @jfsimard:  Hey... don't blame me for the bad spelling and grammar in the original post. :p 
    RVonE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By RVonE

I'm going to try this sometime this weekend.
    fentonalpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By fentonalpha

As it turns out Dead Rising minus the Zombies = not much fun.

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By alistercat
    @fentonalpha said:
    " As it turns out Dead Rising minus the Zombies = not much fun. "
    You can do the glitch and keep the zombies.
    matti00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By matti00

Do you reckon you can do this and still save the survivors? That'd make getting the achievement a lot easier.

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By alistercat
    @matti00:  No, because in order to trigger the survivors you have to bring the bike back. The glitch works by bringing the bike back at the last minute, and breaking the game so the survivors never spawn.
    matti00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By matti00

Ah, that does make sense. I'll still try this, but I guess I'm gonna have to get the achievements the old fashioned, self-punishing way.

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By alistercat

OK, I just tried the glitch and it works. When you deliver the bike and exit it should be 8:59 and when you exit it says the military has arrived, you must escape but you are outside with no objectives. Time to explore!

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By alistercat

Hmmm. I figured more people would be interested in this. Just a quick update, I've been playing for over a day past the actual events of Case Zero and no negative effects so far. Katey and the bike have gone, no objectives, no survivors, no shed key but everything else is fine. Just killing zombies. Finding every weapon I possibly can and using it, grinding for money (to get the $100,000 achievement). I can even go back to the gas station now since it's been over 12 hours so the world gets refreshed (including all the slot machines) and can build boomsticks and chainsaw paddles until I get bored.

misterpope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#12  Edited By misterpope
    @AlisterCat said:
    " Hmmm. I figured more people would be interested in this. Just a quick update, I've been playing for over a day past the actual events of Case Zero and no negative effects so far. Katey and the bike have gone, no objectives, no survivors, no shed key but everything else is fine. Just killing zombies. Finding every weapon I possibly can and using it, grinding for money (to get the $100,000 achievement). I can even go back to the gas station now since it's been over 12 hours so the world gets refreshed (including all the slot machines) and can build boomsticks and chainsaw paddles until I get bored. "
    That sounds awesome.  

This is kinda really interesting. With such an emphasis on time and managing what you do and when, if you somehow were able to break the constraints of time in some way, that could set up some cool gameplay and story elements. Just a thought 

But the glitch seems sweet. Gonna go try it.
    alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By alistercat
    @misterpope: I think it was a mistake of them to not just include a sandbox mode. Removing timed events for narrative though... I think it would remove any sense of immediacy and tension. At least this time the timing is more justified, as Katey needs her Zombrex.
    Yanngc33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 5

#14  Edited By Yanngc33
    @jfsimard:
    oh yeah, waist time my favorite ;)
    alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By alistercat

Another update - Don't save and load in the gas station otherwise all the zombies will in fact disappear. Just save elsewhere if you must.

misterpope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16  Edited By misterpope
    @AlisterCat said: Oh the game definitely needs that time mechanic, and a sandbox mode would definitely be cool. I just think that if, by doing something in the story that removed the time stipulations for story reasons, there could be some really cool stuff that played around with that. The contrast with the urgency of the time stuff and then having a section of the game be care-free all based off a story event... that would be awesomely open-world.
    project343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#17  Edited By project343
    @jfsimard said:

" " 2. Waist time around till it tells you to give Katey Zombrex and give it to her.    "  Tell me, how does one "waist" time? Cause I only know how to "waste" time myself. "

Sounds terribly fattening.
    Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#18  Edited By Shadow

The town doesn't seem big enough for this to be entertaining at all, unless you just want to kill zombies forever

WhytePanther

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By WhytePanther

Yeah, not much point to this one.  It's more than easy enough to get the 1000 kills achievement without it, and if you can't rescue survivors, there's not much else to do.  I sorta doubt that I'd want to spend any more than the hour or two the game takes farting around before everything got boring.  About the only thing I'd wonder about is does the clock keep going, and does the sun come up in the morning?

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By alistercat
    @WhytePanther:  Yes and yes. No, it doesn't have a use but some people must want to just kill zombies without objectives. I did it for a bit.
    FunExplosions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#21  Edited By FunExplosions

Can you save afterward?

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By alistercat
    @FunExplosions:  You can save. If you save in the gas station though zombies will stop spawning. You can go back to the gas station after 12 but dont save.
    RichardLOlson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#24  Edited By RichardLOlson

This is awesome, I can't wait to try this out.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.