Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dead Rising 2: Case Zero

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released Aug 31, 2010

The downloadable prologue to Dead Rising 2 (exclusive to the Xbox 360) gives players a taste of the new "Combo Weapon" mechanic, as Chuck Greene must escape the zombie-infested rural town of Still Creek while preventing his daughter from succumbing to the zombie plague.

Magazine Locations?

ElectricBeaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ElectricBeaver

Does anyone know how many magazines are in this DLC and where they are? 
    I only found 2: One that boosts health gained from snacks and the other made weapon combos 3 times more durable. 
    I think i found one of them in the department store.... can't remember where i picked up the other one.
    alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

#2  Edited By alistercat

There is a magazine in the barber shop that makes healing items (food) 50% more effective.
    There is a magazine in the general store that makes weapons used in construction (as in building work) last 3 times as long. Crowbars, sledgehammers, construction hat?, chainsaw (not chainsaw paddle), Wrench?, Mining Axe.

I thought the magazine was for combo weapons as well at first but I just misread it. It's only really useful for sledgehammers and chainsaws, as all the other construction weapons are useless. Also, correct me on any of these weapons as I haven't tried them all and might be missing some.

SteamPunkJin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By SteamPunkJin
    @AlisterCat said:

.  I thought the magazine was for combo weapons as well at first but I just misread it. It's only really useful for sledgehammers and chainsaws, as all the other construction weapons are useless. Also, correct me on any of these weapons as I haven't tried them all and might be missing some. "

That's what I thought too - and there's a way to check. When you're holding the book that boosts Weapons, if the weapon you're holding is under it's effect you'll see a small green book icon up in the circle just under your equipped weapon.
    ElectricBeaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By ElectricBeaver
    @AlisterCat:
    Sounds like the two that i found.... I thought there might be one that boosted PP after looking at the leaderboards.
    alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By alistercat
    @ElectricBeaver:  They are the two you found, I just thought it might be useful to list them in a clear and precise way for other people. There are no other magazines that I know of. I posted a thread about the infinite time glitch, maybe they are using that and then just going around grinding PP.
    OverLord00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By OverLord00

I didn't even find those on my playthrough, but getting to LVL 5 was super easy because I just got the paddlesaw everytime I left the safe house.  Paddlesaw=Win

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By alistercat
    @OverLord00:  It breaks too easily though. :(  I'm really hoping there is a book in the game that increases the endurance of combo weapons.
    SteamPunkJin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By SteamPunkJin
    @ElectricBeaver said:
    " @AlisterCat: Sounds like the two that i found.... I thought there might be one that boosted PP after looking at the leaderboards. "
    Pretty sure those leaderboards are from Boomsticking - once you have the combo card the strong attack gives you 2,500PP per kill.
    alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By alistercat
    @SteamPunkJin said:
    Pretty sure those leaderboards are from Boomsticking - once you have the combo card the strong attack gives you 2,500PP per kill. "
    Yeah... some people have nothing better to do. Top leaderboard position at the moment is 20 million. Wasting hours of their life for a leaderboard position. Still, boomsticking will be a good strategy for quick levelling in the game when it comes out.
    fahrenheit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By fahrenheit

I kinda think they will nerf boomsticking 

silversnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By silversnake
    @Fahrenheit said:
    " I kinda think they will nerf boomsticking  "
    It might be in Case Zero as a means to level quickly on later playthroughs (since you get that combo card at the end of your first one, more or less). But it could also just be that 2500PP isn't that much at later levels as well. :)
    Nekroskop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By Nekroskop

I think they'll limit the Boomstick to 500PP, but who knows how steep the experiencecurve becomes after level 5

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.