Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dead Rising 2: Case Zero

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released Aug 31, 2010

The downloadable prologue to Dead Rising 2 (exclusive to the Xbox 360) gives players a taste of the new "Combo Weapon" mechanic, as Chuck Greene must escape the zombie-infested rural town of Still Creek while preventing his daughter from succumbing to the zombie plague.

Will this game serve my Dead Rising itch?

nick_verissimo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By nick_verissimo

I really want to play some dead rising, however, the first game did not quite grab me during my time with it.  I sold my copy of the first game, but I still would like to play a little bit of Dead Rising. Does Case Zero provide enough content to satisfy someone who just has a general interest in the game and no desire to get deep into what Dead Rising 1 and 2 hold.  I know it's only 5 bucks, but I just want to know if this will do enough to quench my thirst for tearing up zombies and finishing up somewhat meaningful tasks.

Yanngc33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Yanngc33

yes it will itch that scratch. It's a well done and has enough zombies to fill a 747 so I think you'll be good
    dtat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By dtat

That's a tough question. t depends on how much you like tearing up zombies. I played it and that made me want to buy Dead Rising 2. But after reading reviews and such, it seems that it in no way improves on the problems of the first one. In my case, it rekindled my love of zombie slaying, which led me to go back to Dead rising 1. THAT quenched my thirst. I suggest you go back to the first one. It's waaaaaaay cheaper at this point. My two cents.
    ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By ProfessorEss

Depends on how itchy you are.

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 27

#5  Edited By alistercat

It doesn't have the shear variety in weapons or grand scale but it is worth playing through.

phantomzxro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By phantomzxro

i think it does a fine job of getting that dead rising itch, I pretty much was in the same boat you were in. I played dead rising to the end and loved it but after that i found it hard to return.  So I have no big desire to buy dead rising 2 so i just picked up case zero which is like a hugh demo with a handful of missions and a hand full of people to save. Throw in some ahievements and you got yourself a micro size bit of dead rising fun.

landon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By landon

If anything, I think it makes the itch worse. There is just enough content to be satisfied, yet you will want to play DR2.

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By Sackmanjones
    @nick_verissimo: I'm not sure about that. I'm with you on the first one was awesome......for a period of time but I just got sick of it fast.  However I love Dead Rising 2 and I'm on my second playthrough right now.  You should maybe give it a rent (if there are anymore stores left to rent from) I am especially having fun just jumping into friends games to take down psycopaths and racking up some PP son!
    nick_verissimo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By nick_verissimo
    @Landon said:
    " If anything, I think it makes the itch worse. There is just enough content to be satisfied, yet you will want to play DR2. "
    Haha, ya that's what I'm sort of afraid.
    Bloodgraiv3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#10  Edited By Bloodgraiv3

Id say buy it either way, its only 5$. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.