Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dead Rising 2

Game » consists of 18 releases. Released Sep 02, 2010

Dead Rising 2 is a third-person action-adventure survival horror game that takes place five years after the end of the original Dead Rising, moving its zombie apocalypse setting into the glamorous Fortune City.

Can I Ignore Story Missions and Just Rescue Survivors?

Avatar image for everyones_a_critic
    Everyones_A_Critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

I just beat Overtime mode and now I want to get the "Rescue 50 Survivors" achievement, but to make it easier I'd like to just disregard the story missions (except maybe getting Katie Zombrex if that ends the game...?) and focus only on the side missions. Can I even do this? Thanks.

Snipzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2  Edited By Snipzor

Probably, I'm in the middle of that myself, and I don't think I screwed myself over by skipping the story missions. Are there any survivors you can only pick up with the story?

Pinworm45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By Pinworm45

Yes you can. It'll just fail and you can keep playing. At least for the story missions. I assume the game ends if you don't get zombrex, but if you're using a new game+ you should be able to afford to just buy it at a pawn shop anyway.

cire147258369

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By cire147258369

YEs but you wont get "the truth" but if ur just going for survives go ahead

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#5  Edited By chaser324  Moderator

So, can someone who has gotten the achievement confirm that you don't have to do any story missions. I'm curious if it will work since...

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#6  Edited By Yummylee
    @Chaser324 said:
    " So, can someone who has gotten the achievement confirm that you don't have to do any story missions. I'm curious if it will work since...

"
    It's not about whether the survivors are saved, story-wise. Just long as you actually manage to get 50 to the safe house. 

And yes you can still ignore the story completely, Zombrex included, though it can potentially be easier since going through the story with net you a few extra days time to deal with some of the last side missions.
    iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By iam3green

you can ignore zombrex. me and my friend missed katie we were pretty pissed since we were right at the entrance of the thing. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.