Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dead Rising 2

Game » consists of 18 releases. Released Sep 02, 2010

Dead Rising 2 is a third-person action-adventure survival horror game that takes place five years after the end of the original Dead Rising, moving its zombie apocalypse setting into the glamorous Fortune City.

Case Zero Save Transfer Questions

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By napalm

Okay, I plan on doing a final playthrough of Case Zero before I crack open Dead Rising 2, and I have a few questions about transferring save games:

1. Does the save I transfer have to be a completed game, or can it be any save regardless if it's completed or not?

2. Does saving the survivors in Still Creek have any bearing on Dead Rising 2, or the save game that I'll transfer? If there are stat, or story reasons that recognize the people I saved in Case Zero, I'd rather do that before I transfer a save.

3. Are there any other perks to loading in a save game from Case Zero, besides transferring PP, levels, combo cards/scratch cards?

Afroman269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By Afroman269

1. I don't know since I finished the content. Which isn't hard to do. 

2. Nothing story wise or anything to do with survivors in Case Zero affect the main story in DR 2. 

3. No other perks besides what is transferred from Case Zero.

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By napalm
    @Afroman269: I forgot to ask, but what about the Zombrex vials? I bought two Zombrex vials to complete the $100,000 achievement, so that'd be sweet if I could transfer those vials in.
    alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

#4  Edited By alistercat

You can transfer any save, it doesn't really matter since it's just transferring your level and cards. To answer your last question it does also carry across the clothing you collected in Case Zero, none of which are available in Dead Rising 2 so if you don't import you can't wear them. Overall it really doesn't matter.

Afroman269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By Afroman269
    @Napalm: Can't say since I think I used up mine. I highly doubt it carries over.
    Naughton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By Naughton
    @Napalm: I doubt the Zombrex would carry over, since in Case Zero they're an 8 hour formula, and in Dead Rising 2 it's 24-hour strength. 
    Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#7  Edited By Yummylee
    @AlisterCat said:
    " You can transfer any save, it doesn't really matter since it's just transferring your level and cards. To answer your last question it does also carry across the clothing you collected in Case Zero, none of which are available in Dead Rising 2 so if you don't import you can't wear them. Overall it really doesn't matter. "
    Minus the Plaid Suit, but that's easily my least favourite costume from Case Zero. I miss my Hunting Jacket T.T
    napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By napalm

The money also doesn't transfer. I hoped it did. I figured a cool forty-five thousand would come in handy.

zidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By zidd
    @Napalm: What I got was 5 levels worth of XP and $2,000 from my case zero save.
    alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By alistercat
    @Abyssfull said:
    " @AlisterCat said:
    " You can transfer any save, it doesn't really matter since it's just transferring your level and cards. To answer your last question it does also carry across the clothing you collected in Case Zero, none of which are available in Dead Rising 2 so if you don't import you can't wear them. Overall it really doesn't matter. "
    Minus the Plaid Suit, but that's easily my least favourite costume from Case Zero. I miss my Hunting Jacket T.T "
    That's true,. I forgot but that thing is hideous. They missed the most obvious though, Chuck's default clothes from Case Zero.
    GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

#11  Edited By GunstarRed
    @Napalm:
    the money does, I started with level 5 and 80000.
    Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Yummylee
    @AlisterCat said:
    " @Abyssfull said:
    " @AlisterCat said:
    Minus the Plaid Suit, but that's easily my least favourite costume from Case Zero. I miss my Hunting Jacket T.T "
    That's true,. I forgot but that thing is hideous. They missed the most obvious though, Chuck's default clothes from Case Zero. "
    Good point. So it doesn't transfer even from a Case Zero save file?
    alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By alistercat
    @Abyssfull:  Nope. I liked that the most, except maybe the bowling shirt. Seems like they plan to release DLC costumes though. After all the pre-order stuff who knows what they'll release.
    applet0n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By applet0n
    @Napalm: I just transferred my save file over, so I'll answer your questions as best I can. 

1. Yes you can transfer any of them, it said I could transfer my unfinished game save if I so wanted. 
    2. No, it doesn't take that into account. 
    3. You get your level, you get money (Only up to $2000 though), your cards and the clothes from Case Zero (They can be found in the shower room of the safe house). 

Hope that clears things up mate.
    chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#15  Edited By chaser324  Moderator
    @Abyssfull: 
    I'm pretty sure the plaid suit is still in Dead Rising 2, so there's not really any point in it transferring over.
    Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Yummylee
    @Chaser324 said:
    " @Abyssfull:  I'm pretty sure the plaid suit is still in Dead Rising 2, so there's not really any point in it transferring over. "
    I know it is. That's what I said before; it's the only outfit from Case Zero that can be found in DR2. I was talking about Chuck's default Case Zero costume.
    napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By napalm

Thanks for the replies guys. I just started my first playthrough last night with a transferred Case Zero file. I wish they would have transferred the money over. It would be nice to start with a large amount than two thousand.

@marioncobretti said:

" @Napalm: the money does, I started with level 5 and 80000. "

I'm pretty sure it doesn't. I have $45,500 from the save I transferred, and it didn't give me that back.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.