Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dead Rising

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Aug 08, 2006

Freelance photojournalist Frank West struggles to survive a zombie outbreak after being trapped inside the Willamette Parkview Mall. Frank has seventy-two hours to get the scoop of his life while dispatching the undead hordes with anything he can grab.

7 Day Survivor: Hardest Achievement Ever?

Fisk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Fisk
    'Cause Personally I think it is. Maybe, you could make an argument in a game like DoA Xtreme 2, where one of them requires you collect all the swimsuits. But that one isn't about skill so much as endless mindless repeat of saving/reloading. This one is right here is the real deal. For me, here's how it happened.

Mind you I put aside my whole weekend just to get this bastard. And in the end, I was stuck on the roof in the Mall park counting off the hours I had left until I starved to death. It was going to happen either exactly before, or exactly after midnight. So, taking the gamble, I went to the only place left with food. Down in the underground, back in the meat slaughter room. I'd purposely designed my run to avoid psycho's and that place in general, but it all came down to me getting in there or dying in the attempt. Carlito was right on me, and I dived for the meathouse door. I zoned away just in time, because had I been even a second late his exploding bombs would have killed me.

Point is I had guides, maps, times of spawn points, the mega buster and mini chain saws, maxed levels... just pages of information about 7 Day Survivor broken down day by day... and even than it came down to luck. If the zombies had been standing in different places back there I would have been forced to take a longer route to avoid them, and good ol' Carl would have killed me. Ultimately it was a good thing I went for it because as it turned out I would have died just before midnight on day 6. After than I cleared it out it and ate the food it was waited until he starved. Bittersweet moment. I don't know how people can crack 10 days in this mode. Epic skills required for that kind of thing.

Anyway, here's a vid of a guy getting 7 Day on youtube. I laughed pretty hard, because I knew exactly where that guy was coming from.
    clubsandwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By clubsandwich

Yes, it's really fucking hard, my first attempt, the game froze on day 4: 23: 50 something, I was really fucking pissed...

Guiltyspark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3  Edited By Guiltyspark

some of the hexic achievements are mindblowing

Dolphin_Butter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 21

#4  Edited By Dolphin_Butter

Frank the Pimp is much harder in my opinion.

clubsandwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By clubsandwich
    Sleepy_Insomniac said:
    "Frank the Pimp is much harder in my opinion.
    "
    I thought that one was fairly after finishing the game 2 times so you know when and where hostages will be.
    Fisk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Fisk
    Hexic is an excellent choice. The hardest in that one was extremely difficult, but fair. I mean, Unlocking those were possible if you got good enough to constantly see all the best moves. I can't be sure (and don't know how to find out), but I'm willing to bet fewer people have 200/200 in that than 1000/1000 in Dead Rising.

But as for Frank the Pimp was harder? I'm not saying Pimp was easy by any means, don't get me wrong. But I've got to defend 7 Day as more difficult of the two. I know the AI was terrible, collecting them up a pain, and directing them constantly a chore, but at least you could save beforehand. You could get guides to describe how to best go about it. That's an option you could choose. But in this one If you messed up big you were in a kind of trouble that is fairly difficult to come back from. A set back that could mean a dozen hours of gameplay.
    DSHIZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By DSHIZ

mine froze day 4 at 11:55 pm. 5 mintue before i got 5 days and the laser sword

10MP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By 10MP

this achievment is easy its just who wants to leave that exspensive tv and xbox that you own on for 14 hours?

SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9  Edited By SmugDarkLoser

yea. 
    70% of people aren't willing to do it.
    30% get red rings (i joke)

( i have it though- blaster > sword)

Avatar image for origina1penguin
    Origina1Penguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By Origina1Penguin

My 360 froze when I tried it.  I haven't tried again yet.

clubsandwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By clubsandwich
    SmugDarkLoser said:
    ( i have it though- blaster > sword)"
    In terms of durability and effectiveness, yes the buster is so much better than the sword although I have more fun with the sword although it doesn't lasts long. :(
    dvorak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By dvorak

I have the achievement and I still consider it my greatest gaming moment ever. I made it to 4 and a half days, 5 and a half, 6 and about 20 hours, and one more time I made it to 6 and 22 hours. I was just going to shut the game off forever, but at that point I knew I could do it since I knew where everything was. Hoarded all that wine oj like a champ, and got a whopping 8 days and some hours. Totally cathartic moment. I had no idea that I would ever do something so ridiculous in a game.

Demyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Demyx

I wouldn't even try. Don't have the patience nor the time.

Mega Congrats to everyone else.

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#14  Edited By kush

I don't think it's the hardest achievement, but it one of the most tedious. It's not hard at all...especially when you know where the 3 Books for boosting the energy gotten from eating. Then it basically becomes a sit and wait achievement. Sit, wait...eat...wait...go get more food...repeat.

Soap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 29

#15  Edited By Soap

This achievement does seem like it's designed to make your system red ring lol.

My friend is actually trying it right now, I told him if he was successful and then did it for me as well I'd give him £20 lol

Avatar image for radical_little_girl
    Radical_little_Girl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How do you start the achievement? Finish the game and a special game type unlocks? Or what?

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By HandsomeDead

I got to somewhere on Day 3, then I entered somewhere not expecting a boss and for destroyed. Haven't even considered trying it again.

Prime20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Prime20
    Demyx said:
    "I wouldn't even try. Don't have the patience nor the time.

Mega Congrats to everyone else."
    Same here, plus i didnt want to risk my Xbox on one achievement.
    I did how ever try the Genocide achievmeent and after 3 and a half hours of driving a car back and forth through the service areas i had to stop before i went bat shit insane.
    clubsandwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By clubsandwich
    Radical_little_Girl said:
    "How do you start the achievement? Finish the game and a special game type unlocks? Or what?"
    I believe you get infinity mode after you get the real ending.
    Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
    deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

The sword doesn't last long, eh?  Are there any books available which boost its durability? 

Also, I think some of the Guitar Hero achievements are a bit harder. 

Demyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Demyx
    Prime20 said:
    "Demyx said:
    "I wouldn't even try. Don't have the patience nor the time.

Mega Congrats to everyone else."
    Same here, plus i didnt want to risk my Xbox on one achievement.
    I did how ever try the Genocide achievmeent and after 3 and a half hours of driving a car back and forth through the service areas i had to stop before i went bat shit insane."
    achievements (and trophies) don't usually appeal to me. I just want to play the game and finish it. If the game has extra unlockable content, then i'll try and get it, but achievements and trophies don't really do it for me.
    Prime20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Prime20
    Sir_Ragnarok said:
    "The sword doesn't last long, eh?  Are there any books available which boost its durability? 

Also, I think some of the Guitar Hero achievements are a bit harder. "
    Its been a while so bear with me, but i am pretty sure that by the amusement park in the book store where you find the Japanese survivors theres a book on Serial Killer or something to that effect that boosts the durability of blades, there's 2 or 3 more books that you can pair  that will make it strong as hell. I remember somehting about 3 books and the mini chansaw getting me through a whole game with only a few breaking.
    Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
    deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Prime20 said:
    "Sir_Ragnarok said:
    "The sword doesn't last long, eh?  Are there any books available which boost its durability? 

Also, I think some of the Guitar Hero achievements are a bit harder. "
    Its been a while so bear with me, but i am pretty sure that by the amusement park in the book store where you find the Japanese survivors theres a book on Serial Killer or something to that effect that boosts the durability of blades, there's 2 or 3 more books that you can pair  that will make it strong as hell. I remember somehting about 3 books and the mini chansaw getting me through a whole game with only a few breaking."
    Yeah, I use those when I'm playing the game normally.  Mini-Chainsaws FTW.
    Prime20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Prime20

hell yeah man, bit the taste out of that crazy Vietnam vet in seconds.

Tanuki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Tanuki

Ugh, more like the most ridiculous achievement ever.  The actual 7-day surviving thing is fine.  But not being able to save during it is just - no.  I'm not playing until day 5 just so my Xbox freezes.  Or pausing and leaving my Xbox on overnight so I can overheat the thing and try and go for the "The Red Ring" achievement.  I wanted to play this mode just for the fun of it, not the achievement.  But there is no way in Hell I'm going to sacrifice my Xbox because some idiot thought it'd be an awesome design choice to disable saving and force you to leave your Xbox on for what is it, 14-16 hours?  No thanks.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#26  Edited By jakob187

Can't say that I've played Dead Rising.  Never looked appealing to me.  However, given that this "achievement" is claimed to be fucking retarded difficult, then I think I will be picking this game up soon to accomplish the nearly-impossible.

Prime20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Prime20
    jakob187 said:
    "Can't say that I've played Dead Rising.  Never looked appealing to me.  However, given that this "achievement" is claimed to be fucking retarded difficult, then I think I will be picking this game up soon to accomplish the nearly-impossible."
    Trust me if you even remotley like zombies and sand box-esque games you'll love Dead Rising.
    the time limits will drive you crazy tho, but once you realize the game is about saving people and not spending hours killing zombies and you actually play the way intended it is a sweet game.
    Little bit of warning tho the survivors are mentally challenged and will run right into danger or get scared and freak out, untill you can pick up a book that will make them obey you with out question.
    SBYM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#28  Edited By SBYM

I tried Infinity Mode a grand total of one time. I got out onto the rooftop and saw Otis, this made me smile, as I was not expecting it. "Odd," I thought "wonder what he's doing out here." He then ran up to me with a frying pan and attacked me. I beat him to death with my bare hands and immediately turned the game off when a box appeared and exploded into a shower of random items.

PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By PureRok

The "hardest" achievement (that I'm still working on. Once I get the achievement, I'll basically be able to run through the last achievement for a 1000. My achievements for the game. ) for me is probably this one:

Dream Mode - all cleared (80 points)
    Save the game after clearing all Dream Mode scenarios.

From Warriors Orochi 2.

Mainly because of one Dream Mode required you to have a total of 2,720 proficiency between all of the characters. Each character maxes out at 50 proficiency. There are 94 characters. It takes five generals/lieutenants/captains (whatever) to get one level of proficiency, or it takes five hundred normal soldiers.

You get about five proficiency on the map Wu 4, and it takes roughly 1'45" to run through. So, at top efficiency, let's say it takes you 15 seconds to load the map up again and run again. That's two minutes for five proficiency (so, ten minutes to max out one character).

Let's do the math, there: 2720/(5/2) = 1088 minutes. That's a total of 18.133~ straight hours. However, in order to do that you have to have a skill called Almighty on your weapon, which takes anywhere from two to twenty minutes to get one of (you have to produce it through combining weapons.) depending on your luck.

It's not hard in the sense that you'll lose a lot, but in the sense that it takes a lot of time and grinding and reloading the same map over and over and over.

There's a similar achievement in Dynasty Warriors 6 (I think it's all characters to max level.).

RichardLOlson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#30  Edited By RichardLOlson

I sat there with a pizza and a bottle of jack and got the achievment.

ZmillA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By ZmillA

not even close. If you do it right you only have to be at your console every so often. It just takes time.

if you use 
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_048JBkFMgI&feature=related

that guys videos and/or this guide  

http://newcenstein.com/non-confrontational.html

there is no excuse for not getting it if you try and your console doesn't freeze

vunna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By vunna

I think that the Trials HD achievement Marathon is the toughest.  Just to throw that into the mix. 

Has anyone done it yet?
    MrSnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By MrSnow
    @Demyx said:
    " I wouldn't even try. Don't have the patience nor the time.Mega Congrats to everyone else. "
    rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#34  Edited By rjayb89

Planning to do this tomorrow.  =D

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.