Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dead Rising

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Aug 08, 2006

Freelance photojournalist Frank West struggles to survive a zombie outbreak after being trapped inside the Willamette Parkview Mall. Frank has seventy-two hours to get the scoop of his life while dispatching the undead hordes with anything he can grab.

Are you supposed to restart the game several times?

FuzzyLogic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By FuzzyLogic

Last time I tried this, it ended up in general discussion, so hopefully this works. 

Am I missing something here, or are you expected to die and restart the game a few times before finishing all the way through? I played this game shortly after it shipped and it seemed impossible to make it through the game starting at level 1. I put it on my gamefly queue to give it another shot and I'd like to know how everyone else played through it. Is it expected that a successful 3-day survival only happens after you start with a few levels under your belt?  

nail1080

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By nail1080
    @FuzzyLogic said:
    " Last time I tried this it ended up in general discussion, so hopefully this works. Am I missing something here, or are you expected to die and restart the game a few times before finishing all the way through? I played this game shortly after it shipped and it seemed impossible to make it through the game starting at level 1. I put it on my gamefly queue to give it another shot and I'd like to know how everyone else played through it. Is it expected that a successful 3-day survival only happens after you start with a few levels under your belt?      "
    here's a tip, get the 53000 kills achievement first (look up a guide on teh interwebz to get to the car park). That will boost your level really high and hopefully you will have a better understanding of the lay out of the mall. Now sit back and enjoy killing zombies and cleaing the story mode with your awesome level 50 powers!
    BrokenCage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By BrokenCage

I don't know if you're expected to, but I did it. Most of the people I know that finished the game did it also. To add to Nail1080's comment, print out a copy of the Mall Map, and write down where specific weapon-types and save points are. Also, you can use Adam's saws with three books (Engineering, Entertainment, and Criminal Biography) to make them last the entire game.
    FuzzyLogic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By FuzzyLogic

@nail1080 said:

here's a tip, get the 53000 kills achievement first (look up a guide on teh interwebz to get to the car park). That will boost your level really high and hopefully you will have a better understanding of the lay out of the mall. Now sit back and enjoy killing zombies and cleaing the story mode with your awesome level 50 powers! "

How long does that take? Because grinding a bunch before a game gets fun does not sound very appealing.

BrokenCage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By BrokenCage
    @FuzzyLogic said:
    "

@nail1080 said:

here's a tip, get the 53000 kills achievement first (look up a guide on teh interwebz to get to the car park). That will boost your level really high and hopefully you will have a better understanding of the lay out of the mall. Now sit back and enjoy killing zombies and cleaing the story mode with your awesome level 50 powers! "

How long does that take? Because grinding a bunch before a game gets fun does not sound very appealing.

"

About as long as it'd take you to finish the game. To put it in perspective, I completed the entire game, obtained the true ending, and still didn't break 10,000 zombies killed. The achievement isn't a requirement, get to around level 12, combine Adam's saws with the three books mentioned before, and you'll do alright. Edit: I mean get to level 12 before making a serious attempt at finishing the game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.