Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dead Rising

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Aug 08, 2006

Freelance photojournalist Frank West struggles to survive a zombie outbreak after being trapped inside the Willamette Parkview Mall. Frank has seventy-two hours to get the scoop of his life while dispatching the undead hordes with anything he can grab.

Dead rising for PC - Do you want it?

DeadlyPain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By DeadlyPain

YESSSSSSS lol

i was wondering how many of you PC fanboys....or "casual gamers" xD so want this game on pc?

i was SERIOUSLY annoyed to know its coming out on Wii and yet no mention for it on PC 
    its "apparently" in the making <<<< if thats true they better be adding more stuff, as porting doesn't take this bloody long!
    a bigger mall with more things to cause chaos would be nice - and hopefully no loading screens

if it doesn't come out on PC - will you be piss off with capcom? - i will be, a Stern letter from a true english gent would crumble anyone! xD lmao
    Saitenmar, you online! (he calls himself a true english gent) - get too it and write that letter dear boy, LOL!
    keyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By keyhunter

If it has points on the PC I will get it.

DeadlyPain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By DeadlyPain
    keyhunter said:
    "If it has points on the PC I will get it."
    achievement points?
    alot of PC games have that now, even spore has um so i would think so.....
    Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By Black_Rose

Definitely a better idea than the Wii version

DeadlyPain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By DeadlyPain
    sheisty_shogun said:
    "I just want a Dead Rising sequel - with co-op."
    a sequal is planned - and if anything it'll have co-op
    Demilich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By Demilich

I like how developers are just now realizing that we want co-op since the N64 days.

OGCartman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#8  Edited By OGCartman

Hell yah i do!
    I love it on my 360

keyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By keyhunter

Not stupid achievements. I mean like GAMES FOR WINDOWS LIVE points. Shit that ties into my gamer profile. Not steam achievements or made up non microsoft bullshit.

DeadlyPain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By DeadlyPain
    keyhunter said:
    "Not stupid achievements. I mean like GAMES FOR WINDOWS LIVE points. Shit that ties into my gamer profile. Not steam achievements or made up non microsoft bullshit."
    Your PC gamer profile is basically your x360 profile......Games for windows live is linked with Xbox live - Cross platform multiplayer
    i use my x360 account for games for windows live - they both use Achievement points!

If that not what you mean, Then explain it propperly will you?
    Big_Brother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#11  Edited By Big_Brother

Looks cool, and I haven't played a good zombie game in a long time.

DeadlyPain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By DeadlyPain
    Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Linkyshinks

I would definitely want it.

They could make some welcome improvements to the engine on PC. They could push out even more NPC's, in a new mode.

Ashibaka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Ashibaka

Well, it wouldn't hurt. Still it's been like three years since it's release, and I really don't see it happening at this point.

Avatar image for deactivated-57b1d7d14d4a5
    deactivated-57b1d7d14d4a5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

I wanted DR to come out for PC until I actually tried it out for 360. Man, that game is complete shit. They took the perfect ideal zombie game and shat all over it.

Ghostin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#16  Edited By Ghostin

The only way I'd go for this is if it was updated and optimised for PCs and not a shoddy port.

mracoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#17  Edited By mracoon

I rather just have Dead Rising 2 now. Also I'm not the biggest fan of PC ports from Capcom as they did one for RE4 and it was terrible.

Gizmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Gizmo

Sheesh, can you imagine the mod capabilities?

Just add a co-op mode and use Darth Brushes Dawn of The Dead map and voila, realistic Dawn of the Dead with potential for objectives and missions.

DeadlyPain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By DeadlyPain

heres why i think they havn't release Dead rising for PC - Multiplayer

Capcom knows this game will be huge on PC because of modders so capcom has actually got a very good game that they know will sell and mod well when it's released, So, instead of releasing it early (and the fact it clashed with Lost planet :P) they more then likely scraped the idea of a PC port - why?
    Think about it, Making "Dead Rising 2" will be far more profitable for capcom, it'll more then likely see a PC release.
    This means that capcom themselfs have the ability to make Dead Rising 2 to have multiplayer from the word go more then likely so both x360 and PC version BOTH have multiplayer instead of leaving out x360 gamers etc

i personaly think as well that capcom did originally plan to release it on PC but because of not just multiplayer but the potentual for new maps, they scrapped the idea and started work on what will now be Dead Rising 2.

IF capcom do make a dead rising 2 and Fail to either release it at the same time X360 get there copy or within 6months after the x360 release, they will lose out a potentual buyers....me for one(and more then likely a shit load of PC users), because i'm/we are gonna be VERY dissapointed with capcom yet again leaving out PC gamers.

.....thats what i think anyway....
    SpecTackle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By SpecTackle

Fuck yes I want it on PC. Helloooo awesome mods.

mracoon said:

"I rather just have Dead Rising 2 now. Also I'm not the biggest fan of PC ports from Capcom as they did one for RE4 and it was terrible."
    Did you not play or even hear about the DMC4 PC port? It was fucking amazing, it was still DMC4 but they did a wonderful job porting it.
    Pibo47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Pibo47
    sheisty_shogun said:
    Im in the same boat with you my friend.
    daniel_beck_90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By daniel_beck_90

The game's control scheme is created with console controller in mind so a port is not really reasonable . (remeber RE4's PC port  ?!!! yuk !! )

sheisty_shogun
    said:

Me too
    SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By SmugDarkLoser

How about a sequel for the 360? 
    A pc port is pointless. A Ps3 port would be better.
    Because honestly, what kind of gamer only has a pc?

Hdfisise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Hdfisise
    SmugDarkLoser said:
    "How about a sequel for the 360? 
    A pc port is pointless. A Ps3 port would be better.
    Because honestly, what kind of gamer only has a pc?"

A PC gamer? Not everyone wants a 360.

On topic: I would only buy dead rising on the PC if it had coop as it was a mediocre game IMO.

RichardLOlson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

#25  Edited By RichardLOlson
    Dead Rising for the PC sounds good....but everything looks good on paper.  Its coming out for the Wii and I might snag it up, but thats just for the mere fact that there won't be any time limits in the game.  You can run around and kill zombies all u want, without having to worry about bein on a time limit.  Thats one of the things I didn't like about the 360 version.  And plus the fact that on Wii version, there will be more guns and pretty much based off of gun play instead of enviroment play.  I seem the balance of the two was good on the 360 version.  But I'll have to wait till the Wii version to come out to give my opinion between the two.

Untill then.....I'll be slaying the zombies the old fasion way....HAIL ALL MIGHTY CHAINSAW!!!!
    DeadlyPain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By DeadlyPain
    RichardLOlson said:
    "Dead Rising for the PC sounds good....but everything looks good on paper.  Its coming out for the Wii and I might snag it up, but thats just for the mere fact that there won't be any time limits in the game.  You can run around and kill zombies all u want, without having to worry about bein on a time limit.  Thats one of the things I didn't like about the 360 version.  And plus the fact that on Wii version, there will be more guns and pretty much based off of gun play instead of enviroment play.  I seem the balance of the two was good on the 360 version.  But I'll have to wait till the Wii version to come out to give my opinion between the two.

Untill then.....I'll be slaying the zombies the old fasion way....HAIL ALL MIGHTY CHAINSAW!!!!
    "
    im deffo gonna be getting the wii version, just the fact theres no time limit and RE4 style aiming won me over, there'll only be like 10zombies on screen at a time, but still it'll be fun nonetheless :D
    c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By c1337us
    DeadlyPain said:
    "sheisty_shogun said:
    a sequal is planned - and if anything it'll have co-op"

I hope so, this is one intance where I think co-op would improve the game for me significantly.
    Zripwud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#28  Edited By Zripwud

Uuh, it'd be so cool. Love that game.

Rapture

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Rapture

fuck yeah

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Linkyshinks
    mracoon said:
    "I rather just have Dead Rising 2 now. Also I'm not the biggest fan of PC ports from Capcom as they did one for RE4 and it was terrible."

DMC4 PC was the best version. Featuring far better graphics than the console version with it's unlocked FPS and crazy resolutions. If they do the same here with extra content that fans will appreciate, it should be pretty darn good.

coaxmetal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By coaxmetal
    daniel_beck_90 said:
    "The game's control scheme is created with console controller in mind so a port is not really reasonable . (remeber RE4's PC port  ?!!! yuk !! )
    Some games surprising well to KB/Mouse controlls but that is beside the point, since the lack of compatibility with kb/m has not stopped many ports, most more or less expect the player to have a controller anyway, and a lot of them are optimized for 360 controllers, which work on PC's (they are USB, and the drivers are either built into windows or downloadble in an automatic update).

I personally prefer when an effort is made to provide good PC controls for games (like the new PoP - the kb/m work great for that) but I do own a 360 controllers for games on which that woks better.

keyhunter said:
    "Not stupid achievements. I mean like GAMES FOR WINDOWS LIVE points. Shit that ties into my gamer profile. Not steam achievements or made up non microsoft bullshit."
    I could be wrong, but I am pretty sure that steam had achievments before Microsoft did. ANd there is nothing about achievement points from microsoft as opposed to anywhere else that makes it any more "real". Honestly, achievements are neat, but I play games for the game,not to get achievements. Its fun, its not a competetion or a way to rate yourself.

Regardless, a PC version would be undoubtedly be on GFWL anyway.
    Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Linkyshinks

What is the deal with this version, is it for real or what?

Would HMV be taking pre orders on a game that could be non existent?.  The HMV date says the 27th of next month, that seems awfully close to a potential release of Street Fighter 4 on PC.  

I hope it is true, the more Capcom games that come to PC the better. I love the extra gloss that the PC versions have.

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#33  Edited By Snail

no.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Linkyshinks
    Colonel_Cool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Colonel_Cool

Dead Rising is an old game. If they don't want it to completely fail when they release it on PC, they need to A, have a well optimized port with some extra content and B, not a full $50 price. I think it would be a much better hit if they go in the $20-30 range, if they want people to buy a game that was out 2 years ago on consoles.

coaxmetal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By coaxmetal
    Linkyshinks said:
    DMC4 PC was the best version. Featuring far better graphics than the console version with it's unlocked FPS and crazy resolutions. If they do the same here with extra content that fans will appreciate, it should be pretty darn good.

I agree -- I am playing DMC4 for PC right now, and excepting the necessity of a controller (which is more or less expected, anyway) it is probably the best console-> pc port I have every played. The graphics are flawless (better than on consoles. I have it running at 1440x900 with all settings max, DX10, 2x2 SS + 4x MS AA (no jaggies at all, perfect AA), with vsync on, running at a perfect 60fps (from the vsync). It supports SLI perfectly, better than a lot of native PC games.

If a port of dead rising at all approaches that, it would be great.
    ingodwetrust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#37  Edited By ingodwetrust

I think number 2 has a good shot of coming to the PC considering how well Capcom has been supporting the PC platform,

c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By c1337us
    sheisty_shogun said:
    The sequel is planned and hopefully with the option of co-op and some improvement of some of the design choices from the first game. As for a PC port NO. Maybe if I didnt already buy and get disapointed by the Xbox original. Couldnt be bothered with the new Wii version either.
    HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#39  Edited By HitmanAgent47

I honestly want the game, nothing is more fun than killing zombies imo.

Catbus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Catbus
    mracoon said:
    That was Ubisoft, Capcom hadn't ported a game to PC themselves since RE3 (I believe). DMC3, RE4, and Onimusha 3 were all outsourced to Ubisoft for reasons unknown, hence the the crap quality of the ports (Capcom themselves are pissed about it to this day). Also, DMC4, DR, RE5, LP, etc. are all developed first and foremost on the PC and later ported to the consoles which is why DMC4 was so fantastic on PC, the issue is whether they publish it as such. DR PC probably got tied up in that lawsuit over the Dawn of the Dead thing.
    Jimbo7676

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Jimbo7676

Sure that would be nice. I'd probably buy it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e0e0ee2ea170
    deactivated-5e0e0ee2ea170

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

Dead Rising is one of them mediocre games that gets one of them cult followings on forums and for some reason everyone remembers it to be much better than it was. However when it came out I remember everyone complaining about how the save system ruins it and the bad storyline and how it follows a time limit. So no I don't want it on the PC but I want the much hopefully improved Dead Rising 2 or even better a Left 4 Dead Single player game from Valve which is as epic as HL2.

Catbus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Catbus
    PapaLazarou said:
    "Dead Rising is one of them mediocre games that gets one of them cult followings on forums and for some reason everyone remembers it to be much better than it was. However when it came out I remember everyone complaining about how the save system ruins it and the bad storyline and how it follows a time limit. So no I don't want it on the PC but I want the much hopefully improved Dead Rising 2 or even better a Left 4 Dead Single player game from Valve which is as epic as HL2."

Oh boy, I don't have the time to dissect this load of crap but any sane person would stop reading after "Dead Rising" and "mediocre" appeared in the same sentence.
    Snoopy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Snoopy

Yes.

Oriental_Jams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Oriental_Jams

If it fixes the save issue then definitely.

Avatar image for deactivated-57b1d7d14d4a5
    deactivated-57b1d7d14d4a5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Catbus said:
    "PapaLazarou said:
    "Dead Rising is one of them mediocre games that gets one of them cult followings on forums and for some reason everyone remembers it to be much better than it was. However when it came out I remember everyone complaining about how the save system ruins it and the bad storyline and how it follows a time limit. So no I don't want it on the PC but I want the much hopefully improved Dead Rising 2 or even better a Left 4 Dead Single player game from Valve which is as epic as HL2."

Oh boy, I don't have the time to dissect this load of crap but any sane person would stop reading after "Dead Rising" and "mediocre" appeared in the same sentence.
    "

Nah, Dead Rising was pretty shitty.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.