Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dead Rising

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Aug 08, 2006

Freelance photojournalist Frank West struggles to survive a zombie outbreak after being trapped inside the Willamette Parkview Mall. Frank has seventy-two hours to get the scoop of his life while dispatching the undead hordes with anything he can grab.

Last boss and infite frustration *semi-spoiler*

eminenssi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By eminenssi

Hey yo, 

For the third time, I've started a fresh frank, of whom's leveling I still do enjoy enormously. But once again, I'm hitting a brick wall; I really hate to whine about a game's difficulty, especially as I see DR as one of the toughest yet most rewarding games of this gen, but the last boss of this game is something that just manages to make me controller-crush angry and unable to beat him. The goshdarn MFer just doesn't cut you slack at all, not a single aspect you've been practicing throughout the game rewards you at all, the last boss is his own chapter all by himself, AND preceeded by a dreadfully dullifying pre-battle (the tank) on top of. 

I know this is just pure hate venting, but I really do need to get it out and hopefully hear from fellow sufferers as I'm unable to pierce the last layer of one of the most delightfully original and fun games on 360. Basically I've for the third time let go of hope of finishing this game, just for the fact that if I push myself any further and fail, I will start breaking controllers and reasonably close-by situated objects.  

How on goddamn earth is one prepared for the unrelenting assholismistically unbearable shitfest that mr. general has cooking for unsuspecting comedy horror survivor?! Is there anyone who found a pattern? And don't come telling me about 5-6 somersault hits which beat him, because in the midway of his healtbar he starts blocking the aforementioned stationary attack, which itself is a small miracle of timely execution, SEEING YOU HAVEN'T USED THE ATTACK ONCE THROUGHOUT THE repeated playthroughs of the game! 

*ahem* 

Anyhoo, happy to receive fellow sufferers' lamentations and pro-gamers' tips to this situation. Despite the endgame shit, Dead Rising is one of the best original games released for 360, especially for its' imaginative atmosphere and constant feeling of urgency, but goddamn isn't that endboss a g'damn b*tch MF'er.

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
    deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I remember beating him by the seat of my pants, but that was like four years ago and I haven't gone back to try and beat him since.

If you have Frank's disembowel move, I think that's reasonably good against the final boss, but don't quote me. Maybe hit up Youtube for some visual guides, if there are any.

Calitar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By Calitar
    Make_Me_Mad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By Make_Me_Mad

He wasn't so bad.  Then again, I spent most of my time playing the game taking zombies down with my assortment of bare handed skills, so I didn't have any problems pulling them off.  If you can get him to go from one part of the tank to the other, he'll be temporarily unable to block, though, so using that helps a lot.

Icadae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By Icadae

Well it doesn't look like you downed him yet, so I'll throw in my 2 cents: Wait until he charges, jump/run (not dodge) when you see him telegraph the attack, then once he's at the end of his charge path use a jump-kick attack against him. Add, rinse & repeat. That was the only way I was able to take him down on level 28 or so, and yeah he's a real mofo. 

Good luck with it.

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By HandsomeDead

I just remember spamming the Zangief hurricane attack on him.

Avatar image for outofbounds9000
    OutOfBounds9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 13

#7  Edited By OutOfBounds9000

Well,i think hes pretty easy.

Undeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 18

#8  Edited By Undeadpool
    @Catfish666: Forgive me if I get certain details wrong, it's been a LONG time, but you're fighting him atop a tank, correct? What you need to do is jump up onto the turret. He'll climb up after you, but he's not invulnerable during his climb animation. Hit him as much as you can, but don't take too long, cause before he gets up there fully, you need to hop back down, wait for him to follow you, and then repeat. It's tedious as hell and takes a LONG time, but it DOES work. 
    Good luck, and good zombie murderin'.
    SpudBug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By SpudBug

I just finished this game in overtime mode and killed him first try.. sorry?

All I did was run around and make him whiff his attacks then gave him the double lariat. it did like half damage if both swings hit. Only had to hit him about 3 times and he died. It was easy.

Click left stick+X, win. I was almost level 40 though. Had tons of life and probably did a lot more damage than a lower level character.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.