Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dead Space 2

Game » consists of 18 releases. Released Jan 25, 2011

Dead Space 2 is the sequel to the 2008 surprise hit Dead Space. The no-longer-silent Isaac Clarke finds himself trapped on a city-sized space station called the Sprawl, which has been overtaken by another Necromorph infestation.

Dead Space: Aftermath

StingerMK2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By StingerMK2

just noticed this is on netflix, iv still not played Dead Space 2 yet (despite owning it for nearly a year now, I know, I know). anyway, i was sort of hoping watching this might get me in the mood to play the game, but does it spoil DS2? im not really bothered if its not very good, because Downfall wasn't too good, but i still sort of enjoyed it. im just bothered about if its going to spoil story elements for the game, thanks

RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By RE_Player1

It doesn't spoil anything but I wouldn't recommend it. Even as a huge Dead Space fan it Is really bad. If you want to get into the Dead Space mood read the book, I thought it was well done.

Alphazero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 10

#3  Edited By Alphazero

Believe it or not, but playing Dead Space Ignition (the XBLA/PSN mini-game motion comic) actually helped me get in the Dead Space 2 mood and gave some good back story to the start of DS2. 

The mini-games in Ignition themselves are pretty simple, occasionally annoying, but I liked it overall. I think I'm one of the few.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By NTM

I liked Downfall. I've seen it two or three times actually, it's surprising considering no matter how big or small they do games to film it often always fails. Aftermath was really no exception, it wasn't good. I think Aftermath and Ignition are the two worst parts of the Dead Space universe even if some of the stuff are likable. If Aftermath had been consistent by only using the animations and not 3D crap, I would have probably liked it more.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By Justin258

Why not just take that free time and play Dead Space 2? It's a great game.

amir90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By amir90

It's a bad movie, changes style all the time, one of them is abmyssal. 3d

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.