Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dead Space 2

Game » consists of 18 releases. Released Jan 25, 2011

Dead Space 2 is the sequel to the 2008 surprise hit Dead Space. The no-longer-silent Isaac Clarke finds himself trapped on a city-sized space station called the Sprawl, which has been overtaken by another Necromorph infestation.

Does stasis ruin the multiplayer?

kingcopper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By kingcopper

Generally speaking i've been enjoying Dead Space 2's multiplayer, but stasis bothers me. Quite often I sneak up on a human player and start hitting them from behind only to have them turn around, stasis me, and kill me. This happens way too often and it's extremely frustrating. The ability to freeze an enemy player in place kind of strikes me as un balanced, and it's definitely not fun. What do necromorphs have that can compare to this? I know that you can vomit on players to slow them down, but whenever I try to do this they just stasis me. I don't know if i'm saying that stasis should be taken out of the game, though perhaps it should, but does anyone else find it annoying?

kingcopper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By kingcopper

I suppose the lack of responses is an indicator of how many people are actually playing multiplayer in this game. 

beej

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By beej

Can't necromorphs respawn though? It's kind of a war of attrition isn't it?

kingcopper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By kingcopper
    @beej: As far as I can tell, humans and necromorphs respawn at similar rates. Rather than a war of attrition it's an objective based race against the clock. 
    denryu12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By denryu12

If you team is working together the humans should not even  have a chance to  turn around and stasis, I mean even 2 type of necromophs attack one guy at the same time kills them so fast .

When your playing as the necromorphs attacking by your self is quick way to end up on respawn, use the baby  type (forget the names bin a while since i've played it ) to lach on to one and the close range power house with a couple of swipes will kill them then escape , Then wait for the next one man army to come charging round the corner and jump him 2 .Use choke points on the map so you don't get over run.

Seems quite fair to me the only annoying thing about the multiplayer is the humans get med packs and ammo after ever couple of kills.  

Hunkulese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Hunkulese

If you were attacking him 1 on 1 of course you're going to fail.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#7  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    DonPixel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By DonPixel
    @Ahmad_Metallic: I  Ilike 3rd person shooters.. kinda even more than FPS, one of the games I´ve multiplay the most is Uncharted 2..    DS2 multiplayer it´s ok, light fun, what´s wrong with people enjoying it? 
    AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#9  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @DonPixel said:
    " @Ahmad_Metallic: I  Ilike 3rd person shooters.. kinda even more than FPS, one of the games I´ve multiplay the most is Uncharted 2..    DS2 multiplayer it´s ok, light fun, what´s wrong with people enjoying it?  "
    nothing is wrong with it, im just shocked ! 
    from what i understand, if its not Call of Duty, Halo, Gears of War or a sports/racing game on the consoles, the multiplayer dies off after a month
    DonPixel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By DonPixel

aaa don´t know, ther´s like a zillion of (next gent) consoles in the market by now.. you will be suprise what people play..  I found battlefield modern combat and frontlines games in my xbox a couple of weeks back...  (frontlines still sucks d1ck)

kingcopper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By kingcopper
    @Hunkulese said:

" If you were attacking him 1 on 1 of course you're going to fail. "

And that's what seems to be happening most of the time I play. Of course I expect it, but no one really tries to cooperate outside of attacking people from behind when I pounce on them. And on that note this game is killing my E key. 
    Rockanomics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Rockanomics
    @kingcopper:  Yeah, it's a freebie, but you just gotta force them to use it and then wear them down, humans are supposed to be overpowered. I haven't really figured out the balance yet, but I've seen both sides get steamrolled. 

@Ahmad_Metallic said: 
    " nothing is wrong with it, im just shocked ! from what i understand, if its not Call of Duty, Halo, Gears of War or a sports/racing game on the consoles, the multiplayer dies off after a month "
    Something that has "Died off" doesn't mean that absolutely nobody is playing it, just that it's not popular. Although I am surprised that I can seem to get a game going at any time on PC.
    kingcopper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By kingcopper

I've seen both sides get steam rolled too, but it seems to me like there's no stopping a human team which knows what it's doing. Stasis can also affect more than 1 necro at once, so it's not much use trying to blob against a human team. Overall I enjoy being humans way more. I suck as a necromorph lol.  

And I absolutely hate how you have to play 1 game as necromorphs in order to get points. I'd be human every time if I could choose. 

Malakhii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By Malakhii
    @kingcopper said:
    " I've seen both sides get steam rolled too, but it seems to me like there's no stopping a human team which knows what it's doing. "
    Yeah this seems to be the case, a well coordinated Human team will win 99% of the time. I guess the Necromorphs biggest advantage is being able to spawn where they want, unlike the humans who will spawn in fixed points and have to move through the level. 
    kingcopper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By kingcopper

What's worse is that you don't even have to directly hit a necro with stasis to stop them, you just have to hit near them. I'd be pleased if they simply changed this. 

And yeah, if you charge your shot as the 4th necromorph you can get 2 hit kills. This game is just full of exploitable annoyances.

MOOImAPigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By MOOImAPigg

Well, if your a spitter, just hold down the spit button against a human and they die pretty easiliy with one or two shots of charged up spit. Spitter is my fav. BUT! Bad News for Stasis! Humans can only use it once or twice! Spit is unlimited! So is puke! When your a pack or one of those wall climbing things you can EASILY Avoid Stasis. Bottom Line>Just be a spitter.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.